This is When it Gets Personal - Soccer4Life's Training Diary

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

For personal reasons (that I can't bare to go into), I have to make this certain team. They are very good, and I know the coach and all of the players. I used to play on a team with a lot of their players, and their coach was my old coach. Then they kind of left me, and shifted away from me; they were all so talented, and (at the time, I admit) much better than me. I lacked effort, skills, vision, control, passion, heart, and scoring ability. I was a striker. I didn't start, and I didn't play well. But now I have improved. My efforts are higher then before, but I still need to give that extra "push". I start on the team I am currently play for, and I get the most playing time out of the team. I believe my new experiences on the field have been the birth of my new abilities. I now have good control, okay skills (working on!), outstanding vision, sincere passion, heart, and I can put the freaking ball in the back of the net!

I am going to attempt to re-create myself, and preseant myself to this coach, and prove to him that I have changed. I also want to prove to the world, that I have talent. But, most of all, I want to prove to myself that I can fulfill my dreams and become amazing. I feel loyal the their club, and I know in my heart, that I will only be happy when I get there.

This is where it gets personal.
Last edited by Soccer4Life on 24 Nov 2006, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

heartfelt.... hope u do make it, I cant wait to see how u train, since u seem to know what u r doing. Good luck, and i sincerely hope u make it...

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Sunday, October 14, 2006
Today I did a LOT of pushups, or at least for me. Throughout the day I did at least 10 sets of 25 wall-pushups. My arms burn (not painfully, just a twinge) from yesterdays pushups, but I know that means that the muscle is tearing and rebuilding. In other words it is developing. As of now, I can barely do 1 normal pushup, and I have this annoying 'flab' under my arms. Hopefully this will go away, but I understand that pushups alone will not do the trick. I am going to need to do other arm exercises. I am fully willing to do this. Please tell me if you have any suggestions. For my abs I did 3 sets of 25 bicycle crunches, and wow, those things seem to really work. I felt the burn after only 10. I find them kind of fun! Today all I ate was some cereal in the morning and a bagel for lunch. I still need to work on my nutrition goal... a lot!

I planned on going on a 25 minute jog today, but it started raining and I really left my school work too late. Time slipped away from me :( Too late to do anything now, but I am off to study because I am way behind. All in all not the best day for me. I really didn't get the chance to touch the football. Next time I will start my school work earlier! I plan to do much better in the future. Here are my main fitness related goals. The football ones are coming!

My Goals Thus Far:
Banish away my flab, and be able to do 20 normal pushups.
Eat Healthier.
Workout abs every day.
Get rid of excess fat around my stomach.
Start a cardio/fitness plan and stick to it.

Until next time!

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Glad to see you're getting serious about training and stuff. Are you really 12 like your profile says? Because if you are then I'm impressed. I wasn't so committed or organized as you in training when I was that age. Good luck making the team!

Just wondering, what part of the country do you live in, and are you trying to make a premier team?

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Good to see you goal-setting.
Here are some tips to keep you focused:

Make sure you have some long term goals, and short term goals that help you work up to it.

Have a time frame to complete your goals, that way you'll improve quicker and stay more focused during your program.

Find people that are into bodybuilding and pick their brains a bit, at your age it is recommended to do lots of calisthenics, pushups, jump jax, situps and the sort but there are some body weight exercises (using just your weight) you can learn from people who scuplt their bodies for a living.

Looking at your abs workout, you will have to start out slow and work your way into it because the first couple of days you will be sore in your abs for days if you haven't trained them in a while.

And in terms of cardio, if you want the greatest advantage over your teammates, join track for your school! It is probably the best thing I could have done, you will be in better shape than your teammates and I promise you your skills will not suffer as long as you stretch and kick the ball around once in a while.

Work hard and remember the energy you're feeling right now when you wake up and go to bed, but have at least one day in the week to take off and just relax because you can get burned out going all out every day.

Good job! Good luck!

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

ajc wrote:Glad to see you're getting serious about training and stuff. Are you really 12 like your profile says? Because if you are then I'm impressed. I wasn't so committed or organized as you in training when I was that age. Good luck making the team!

Just wondering, what part of the country do you live in, and are you trying to make a premier team?
Yes, I am really 12. A lot of people seem to ask me that, and I am. I live in Texas, and I am trying to make division 1 team. I don't know what premier means, sorry...
XstaticX wrote:Good to see you goal-setting.
Here are some tips to keep you focused:

Make sure you have some long term goals, and short term goals that help you work up to it.

Have a time frame to complete your goals, that way you'll improve quicker and stay more focused during your program.

Find people that are into bodybuilding and pick their brains a bit, at your age it is recommended to do lots of calisthenics, pushups, jump jax, situps and the sort but there are some body weight exercises (using just your weight) you can learn from people who scuplt their bodies for a living.

Looking at your abs workout, you will have to start out slow and work your way into it because the first couple of days you will be sore in your abs for days if you haven't trained them in a while.

And in terms of cardio, if you want the greatest advantage over your teammates, join track for your school! It is probably the best thing I could have done, you will be in better shape than your teammates and I promise you your skills will not suffer as long as you stretch and kick the ball around once in a while.

Work hard and remember the energy you're feeling right now when you wake up and go to bed, but have at least one day in the week to take off and just relax because you can get burned out going all out every day.

Good job! Good luck!
Thank you for the advice. I will make longer term goals, and I won't give up! Oh, and what you said about joining the track team, well, I run cross country. We go around 2 miles every morning :D But we do it really slow, so I feel that I need to do more on my own.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Monday, October 15, 2006
Okay, I got home and I finishecd my school work. Then I did 3 sets of 25 Wall Pushups. Then I went on a 1 1/2 mile run. I couldn't run any more because I ran in new running shoes, and they weren't broken in enough to go one step further. Then I did 5 sets of 12 Bicycle Sit-ups. I am really not feeling these. I felt them when I did like 4 sets of 25, but people were saying to build muscle you need 10-12 reps. What should I do? Next I did 3 sets of 10 normal pushups! (This is a big one for me I have made a lot of progress in pushups in juts a few days!) Two days ago I could only do 1 (real) pushup. Now I can do 3 sets of 10, so I am really proud of myself. Can you say 'wow'?

Next I jumped on and off a stair with both feet together 100 times. Then I took a break to study. Then I did 100 jumps again. Next I did 3 sets of 12 leg raises. Then 3 sets of 50 crunches. In a short form, here is what I did today:

3X25 Wall Pushups
1.5 Mile Run
5X12 Bicycle Situps
3X10 Pushups
100 Stair Jumps
- Study Break -
100 Stair Jumps
3X12 Leg Raises
3X50 Crunches
- Study Break -
Soccer Tennis with Dad

Not a bad day. Usually I would go on a 2-2.5 mile run, and do more ball work, but I have 4 tests in the next two days, so I had to put my nose to the grindstone studying. I am proud of what I accoplished today fitness wise. And the soccer tennis is really good for my touch. I am going to get a jump rope this weekend and work on my quads a little. And, after my last season game (2 weeks away!) I am going to start an anaerobic fitness program.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

sounds like u wanna get buff lol. Joke. But sounds like u r dedicated! But one thing u r missing if u wanna get faster... Sprints! I dont do any long distance running anymore, just a 4 minute jog every day and an 8 minute jog every friday, which we have to do in our P.E. All of my running exercises are sprinting, and sprints can burn off fat while making u faster. TO think of it, i should be off to do some sprints right now... peace out!

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Today was my off day. I'm giving myself one a week, and today is the day that best suits my schedule. Tomorrow, I have soccer practice with my team, so I won't do too much on my own as I doubt that I will have much time. Thursday for me will be intense, so I will be looking forward to that. For now, adios amigos. I have to go study espanol...

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

btw i wanna say please dont burn yourself out by practicing six days a week fitness at the beggining. I did that and I thought that it would be easy, and i did it for that week, and it felt great, except starting the next week i felt weaker and not motivated... no matter what i could do i didnt want to touch a football... in other words i burned out. Dont let this happen to u, please do only 2 or 3 physical training days for the next 2 weeks, then start with 3-4, then week after that 4-5, and so on. I'm serious YOU WILL BURN YOURSELF OUT IF YOU CONTINUE LIKE THIS. Sorry for all caps, i just gotta make sure u get how important it is not to work too hard in the beginning. Good luck, and follow ur dreams, but with advice from others!

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

iwannagopro wrote:btw i wanna say please dont burn yourself out by practicing six days a week fitness at the beggining. I did that and I thought that it would be easy, and i did it for that week, and it felt great, except starting the next week i felt weaker and not motivated... no matter what i could do i didnt want to touch a football... in other words i burned out. Dont let this happen to u, please do only 2 or 3 physical training days for the next 2 weeks, then start with 3-4, then week after that 4-5, and so on. I'm serious YOU WILL BURN YOURSELF OUT IF YOU CONTINUE LIKE THIS. Sorry for all caps, i just gotta make sure u get how important it is not to work too hard in the beginning. Good luck, and follow ur dreams, but with advice from others!
Wise words. :)

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

iwannagopro wrote:btw i wanna say please dont burn yourself out by practicing six days a week fitness at the beggining. I did that and I thought that it would be easy, and i did it for that week, and it felt great, except starting the next week i felt weaker and not motivated... no matter what i could do i didnt want to touch a football... in other words i burned out. Dont let this happen to u, please do only 2 or 3 physical training days for the next 2 weeks, then start with 3-4, then week after that 4-5, and so on. I'm serious YOU WILL BURN YOURSELF OUT IF YOU CONTINUE LIKE THIS. Sorry for all caps, i just gotta make sure u get how important it is not to work too hard in the beginning. Good luck, and follow ur dreams, but with advice from others!
Yeah, I know don't worry. I am only doing 2 hard fitness practices a week. The rest of my practices have VERY LIGHT strength (ex. 5 pushups then 10 juggles) with the ball or nothing of the sort at all. I am not going to do these back to back normally, but I had to because of studying, other commitments, and my relatives are in town. Normally this is my schedule:

Sunday: Light Ball Work, Recovery From Game/Practice
Monday: Normal Soccer Practice (if Time, Light Skill Work Before)
Tuesday: Fitness/Intense Work (Light if too sore from practice)
Wednesday: Normal Soccer Practice (if Time, Light Skill Work Before)
Thursday: Fitness/Intense Work (Light if too sore from practice)
Friday: Rest/Prep for Game go to Bed early
Saturday: Light jog in the Morning if afternoon game (1-1.5 mi. at a s-l-o-w pace) If Morning game light ball work 3-6 hours after.

iwannagopro, I really want to thank you (and Real_Zidane, too!) because you have both motivated me so much, and you are both excellent people from what I can tell. Thank you for the advice, and please don't hesitate to give me more. I am open to suggestions, especially from experienced kids who have already gone through the stages I am going through.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

^^^^
I am infuriated! I am more than excellent! I am... extravagantly amazing! Lol jk jk. Yes that training plan sounds OK to me, I think it would be good if u continued it for another week, then made it a bit harder, and then on your third week you should start pushing yourself (just a bit), and by the fourth you should feel a bit tired, by the fifth you feel fast and fit, and by the sixth you are superman! That is how ur training plan should go, but make sure the two first weeks are relatively easy, and increase the difficulty after in small amounts. Otherwise, thanks for the compliment, and I sincerely think that with your attitude you will be able to make the team. And btw when do u plan on trying out, I can reccomend some programs that have helped me if u want...

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Oh I can't try out until like April, because I still have to finish the fall season with the team that I am on. Then we have a spring season that ends in April. So I have a lot of time to improve. If you could PM me or post the programs here I would be delighted. :D

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Wednesday, October 17, 2006
Today I had a team practice. Before practice I worked on my dribbling by dribbling in random directions and executing some moves that I made. I did pretty well at practice, and I scored a goal at the end when we scrimaged another team. I could tell after the scrimage that I needed to work on my dribbling skills and technique. So look out for that!

Anyways, sorry this is kind of late. I will update more from now on. :oops: