Want to stop being lazy

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
mewantgood
Sophomore Member

OK.. my last attempt at this progress log totally screwed up. I'm going to set myself some goals, to see if that can help me train better.

My big long term goal is to play in the A-league in Australia.
If I don't make it I want to at least play V-league. It doesn't exist yet, but when it does in 2008 it is supposed to be the 2nd best league in the state.

My short long term goals are to: play U16's state when I get old enough and get accepted into my academy zone in 2 years

My short term goals which I want to accomplish by the end of January are:
1. get better at lofted passes: accuracy and actually getting the ball off the ground
2. Consistently get up to 20 juggles.
3. Set up a regular training routine

If I realize I'm not good enough to be a field player I'm going to try and make the A-league as a keeper, which I'm quite good at.

Thanks for reading and your replies

mewantgood
Sophomore Member

25th December
Raining outside all day. I just locked myself in my room and juggled for 1.5 hours, waaay longer than I had ever juggled before.

26 December
Raining for most of the day. I juggled for 1 hour and did 15 min inside of foot passing and 1 hour lofted passing

mewantgood
Sophomore Member

I've put together a training routine which I hope will help me a lot. Most of it is a lot of juggling and kicking against a wall. There is some fitness and other stuff in there too. I'm hoping it will take 2-3 hours to complete. Most of the routine is getting lots of touches on the ball.

DarkDemon

you might wanna be more specific on your training routine so we can help you as for your juggling here

:wink: viewtopic.php?t=6837&highlight=juggling

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Glad to see you're not just giving up. That's how legends are made. Keep at it with all your heart and i'm sure you'll get somewhere.

mewantgood
Sophomore Member

I havent done much these last few days cause its been so hot but ive done a bit of juggling. I really doubt im gonna consistently get to 20 by the end of the month: I normally get 4-12. Its just right left right left using only feet for now. Im also doing a lot of inside of foot passing against a wall with one touch, 2 touch and other stuff like dribbling then passing to the wall and taking a first time shot.

I think preseason starts end of next month, hopefully ive improved a lot.

Im also trying to learn how to swim. I have no idea how and theres no one to teach me so im learining by myself.

mewantgood
Sophomore Member

7th January
Swam for 1 hour. I can now put my face underwater for 10 seconds. I did some lofted passes against the wall and LOTS of juggling

8th January
I made up my own 1st touch exercise were you stand a few metres away from a wall, punt the ball against it and sprint forward and control the ball before it bounces. Did heaps of inside of foot passing and juggling as well..

1 thing I haven;t been totally honest about is the keeper thing. I really like keeper. Almost every day I weigh up the pros and cons of being either one and end up more confused than when I started. Ive been doing a bit of keeper traing, mostly punting a high ball agains a wall and taking it like a cross and diving.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

If u cant chose whether to be keeper or outfield player work out these two things:
1. Which one are you better at?
2. Which one do you find more fun?
If u find that u are better at one and it is more fun than go for it.
But remember fun always comes first so if ur better outfield player but u like being keeper than practise keeping. Im sure u will find it much more fun if you go pro in the position you love, rather than being stuck in a dodgy position. Keep working hard and you will be rewarded in the future.
Good luck. :D
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry