Want to stop being lazy

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
mewantgood
Sophomore Member
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 Apr 2006, 10:18

Post

The main reason I'm writing this is to stop being lazy and show myself I can work hard like everyone else does (especially guys like iwannagopro).
If it seems like i'm not doing much training, please remember its a working progress.

Background: I was born at the end of the year, and unfortunately I was only a few days too old to play U12s. The coaches suggested I play U14s because of my physical attributes and i was anounced most improved player at the end of the season. I'm proud of that but my teammates don't want to go as far as me in football and don't train outside of training.

I play fullback/wingback but I would like to try defensive midfielder but my team doesn't play with one. I played in the lowest league this year and we got promoted! Next year we're going to be playing in the C's but it is still a long way off the top teams (the superleague). In school soccer however, there are two teams which are made up of only superleague players and I think I played pretty well on them.

I woke up at 6.30 this morning to do some jogging and I ended up on the computer right after i woke up :x Its 7.30 in the morning now so I haven't done much today except type this. The AFL grand final is on today so Im going to train a bit and then watch it.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman
Posts: 2801
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 19:39
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post

hey man, thanks for the compliment, but to tell u the truth I was just like u before I started taking training serious (which is actually before I started the progress log). You just gotta say, hey, other things can wait, but football is priority, right after school. You just gotta say if I want to go pro, then I gotta dedicate all of my spare time to football. IF you are really serious u will do it, and it helps to keep the progress log going because everyone roots you on as you go, and it feels good so you keep it up. I think anyone can do anything they want to if they really try the hardest, and so if you spend time training as hard as you can, then there is a good possibilty u will go pro. Sometimes in my training i say, do i really want to be working my butt off with no one else around to talk to, just to chase a wild dream, and then I say YES! so good luck!

BenAMsoccer
Senior Member
Posts: 179
Joined: 02 Sep 2005, 23:24
Location: Tennessee, United States

Post

First it's going to be hard to be dedicated and dilligent if you aren't having fun in your training routines, so try to make it as fun as possible. Another important thing is to set goals, when you have that goal on your mind, it makes it so much easier to train, knowing that what your doing is going to make you that much closer to your goal.

mewantgood
Sophomore Member
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 Apr 2006, 10:18

Post

Thanks for your replies. Yesterday i was just having a kickabout with my dad and I decided to do some goalkeeping. I used to be a keeper a few years ago and was actually quite good at it but for some reason gave it up ( think it was because our team had no goalkeeper training or eeven tried to have any practice for me). So anyway I tried it yesterday and I really enjoyed it! I lie it much more than defence and I enjoyed practicing by myself as well. I ACTUALLY HAD FUN TRAINING BY MYSELF! :D :shock: I hope this isn't just a spur of the moment, I actually am considering making GK my #1 position again.

Yesterday I mainly watched the Aussie Rules grand final. It was a rematch of last years GF and West Coast beat Sydney by a single point.

mewantgood
Sophomore Member
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 Apr 2006, 10:18

Post

I thought I posted last week but i guess it didn't show up. Yesterday was mostly shooting and juggling and my juggling has improved A LOT. My old record was 12 juggles and my new one is now 26. I gave up on keeper training, too much getting hurt. I used one of jdefoes many helpful guides for shooting.

2 days ago: i went to the park with my dad and we hit long balls to each other for about an hour, then we did heading. At the start I could lift the ball 3/10 times and at he end I could pass it to him 8/10 times.

Im going to start making a diary of what training i do and then posting it on here every weekend. Hopefully that will inspire me to train more.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess
Posts: 2068
Joined: 30 Jun 2006, 22:00
Location: USA

Post

Keep up the good training, and don't give up! Work to improve your weaker aspects of the game. Look around this site for all of the helpful guides, and keep working on your juggling. You will see the numbers shoot up. Four months ago, when I had just started juggling, my high was 19. Now my high is 245, and I am improving every day.

If you want to know what I did, I can sum it up in one word: Practice. I juggled for more than an hour almost every day in July. As I said before, keep up the workrate!

mewantgood
Sophomore Member
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 Apr 2006, 10:18

Post

I learnt how to do the ATW!...kind of.I can do it from a footstall and have the ball hit my foot again but i can't start juggling or anything from it.

I also started doing proper training.In the morning I did 10 mins kicking against walls then dribbling then kicking again as my warm up. I did 10 mins shooting with both feet, 10 mins two touch passing against a wall and 5 mins juggling with a size 1 ball.

In the afternoon I was going to do more practice but I ended up doing 12.5 mins because i did some heading and i got a really bad headache( see my topic heading pain). At night I kicked the ball against the wall for about 10 mins.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman
Posts: 2801
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 19:39
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post

about the atw... dont worry mate just keep practicing. I was at the same stage you were at where the ball just hits the foot and rolls off. It is quite annoying, but the trick is to just keep practicing. Just keep on practicing, and a little tip to help you out is try jumping just a little bit, like a hop, it helps to make the ball go up. Otherwise it is just practice practice practice. It took me something like 4 weeks to really get the atw down.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member
Posts: 432
Joined: 26 Sep 2006, 11:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post

mewantgood wrote:.Yesterday I mainly watched the Aussie Rules grand final. It was a rematch of last years GF and West Coast beat Sydney by a single point.
well done, hope you achieve all your goals in life.Couldnt help but notice u watch AFL footy. Are you an aussie?
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Image

Falcao
Senior Member
Posts: 273
Joined: 06 Nov 2006, 13:52

Post

you dont need to have fun at practicing.
mostly people dont.
like beckham, he didnt find it fun what his father was teaching him
but it was really useful.
like one touch pass, and stuff. free kicks. inside outside touches. passing.

and yes its a bit boring to not have someone around you to talk to
when your practicing. but if you really practice hard, one time you will stand
on highburry, nou camp or w.e, and say to ur self it was worth it.

but remember, when you practice on your own, after practice or before practice
be with someone. talk with someone. dont need to be about football.
it will give you self confidence, because when you talk to people and are being
around people you will feel more sure about yourself. it will be easier to
say your opinion. its important to have self confidence.

it's good that you practice by yourself tho, but after it be around with people.

trust me man.

a guy in my school, he never is around people. he doesnt even dear to talk.
you say hi and all u hear from him is; h....
not more.

BUT KEEP UP WITH THE GOOD WORK GUYS!
PRACTICE ON UR OWN! OR WITH SOMEONE!
EVERYDAY! SPEND OURS!
THATS HOW U GET PRO!

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess
Posts: 2068
Joined: 30 Jun 2006, 22:00
Location: USA

Post

Falcao wrote:you dont need to have fun at practicing.
mostly people dont.
like beckham, he didnt find it fun what his father was teaching him
but it was really useful.
like one touch pass, and stuff. free kicks. inside outside touches. passing.

and yes its a bit boring to not have someone around you to talk to
when your practicing. but if you really practice hard, one time you will stand
on highburry, nou camp or w.e, and say to ur self it was worth it.

but remember, when you practice on your own, after practice or before practice
be with someone. talk with someone. dont need to be about football.
it will give you self confidence, because when you talk to people and are being
around people you will feel more sure about yourself. it will be easier to
say your opinion. its important to have self confidence.

it's good that you practice by yourself tho, but after it be around with people.

trust me man.

a guy in my school, he never is around people. he doesnt even dear to talk.
you say hi and all u hear from him is; h....
not more.

BUT KEEP UP WITH THE GOOD WORK GUYS!
PRACTICE ON UR OWN! OR WITH SOMEONE!
EVERYDAY! SPEND OURS!
THATS HOW U GET PRO!
Sorry, but I don't agree. If you never have fun playing fooball, then, why bother? It is, after all, just a game. You should have fun training, and you should realize that the rewards of hard work are priceless. You can have fun and improve at the same time, and that is what you should be doing. Maybe every second of training isn't going to be fun, but the majority of it should be.

Football is a game. A fun game. Don't make it not fun.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member
Posts: 432
Joined: 26 Sep 2006, 11:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post

Soccer4Life wrote: Football is a game. A fun game. Don't make it not fun.
That is what football is all about. :)
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Image

Howard
Senior Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 06 Jul 2006, 03:13

Post

Background: I was born at the end of the year, and unfortunately I was only a few days too old to play U12s. The coaches suggested I play U14s because of my physical attribute[/quote]

I was born on the 31 of december. If I were just one day younger, I would be plaaying in the U-14 league.

kamil k
Senior Member
Posts: 187
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 11:32
Location: Australia

Post

Howard wrote:Background: I was born at the end of the year, and unfortunately I was only a few days too old to play U12s. The coaches suggested I play U14s because of my physical attribute

I was born on the 31 of december. If I were just one day younger, I would be plaaying in the U-14 league.
[/quote]

Me too except i was born on the 28th of december, 3 days to old to play under 14s! but im playing U16s nxt year :D its annoying being born so late in the year!

gunnerz23
Veteran Member
Posts: 432
Joined: 26 Sep 2006, 11:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post

mewantgood wrote:and i got a really bad headache( see my topic heading pain).
well wen i first started heading, i headed right on top of my head, which gave me a really bad headache and sometimes even a concussion!
Read my instructions in "heading pain". It might give u a reason as to what your doing wrong.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Image

Post Reply