Attempt to go Pro

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 29 Sep 2006, 02:17

Keep it up man you're doing great! Good log.

I missed my practice today and now I regret it and i'm sad :cry: :cry:

but there's always tomorrow...

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 29 Sep 2006, 03:19

Scazza wrote:Good luck to you! I don't know the odds of a goalie going pro but are they slimmer than outfield players or do we have more of a chance to be scouted?
us breed have a better chance. There are not many good goalkeepers out there. Study the game know when to make your judgements play by making the least amount of errors and your good. Being a keeper you can improve real fast, Buffon was a midfielder till he was 12 but hated running so much he switched to goalkeeping, same with Toldo he use to be a defender till he was 14 when he was forced to play keeper in a game cause the original keeper got injured!
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 29 Sep 2006, 04:29

thanks for clearing that up a-man and congrats on becoming a mod. I hope your football career goes far too, I hope you make it as a goalkeeper, and you sound really good! Cheers!

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 29 Sep 2006, 13:13

iwannagopro wrote:thanks for clearing that up a-man and congrats on becoming a mod. I hope your football career goes far too, I hope you make it as a goalkeeper, and you sound really good! Cheers!
Thank you, I really do hope the best for you too, keep this up and your bound to get where you want to be...playing professionally! :)
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

RonaldinhoSkills

Post by RonaldinhoSkills » 29 Sep 2006, 14:54

Yeah, its because people will love to shoot against a goalkeeper.

Like friends and stuff who want to improve accuracy and stuff.
Remember... Never do a skill twice, always be creative, after that, you'll own.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 30 Sep 2006, 02:40

-Sept. 29

Boring day at school, but I am a bit mad because I barely got to practice today, just 20 minutes. AAAArghg! All i got to do was some trapping, then I had to go with my Dad to a meeting with one of his customers! By the time I got back it was too dark to see, so I just did some juggling in front of a light outside, but my perception isn't too good in the dark, so it made it really hard to see the ball. So I just ended up doing some leg exercises, which is ok because I could feel it burning, and I guess one day of training sorta missed won't hurt. Tomorrow I will make it up! You will see!

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 01 Oct 2006, 01:21

-Sept. 30

Ok, I slept in because I was soooo tired lol. Anyways, by the time I could practice it was noon, so it was good. All of my friends were busy, so I couldn't play a pick-up game, so I just went straight to training. So in total I practiced about 2 hours of freestyling, and now I can do the atw while juggling!! 8) :D :D :D :D It is not much but for me it is an accomplishment to be proud of! After that I did some practice against the wall, mostly on target shots, crosses, trapping, volleys, and things like that for about an hour, then I did 2km of fartleks, and 3 skillbuilders. After that I did some situps, and now I'm feeling thoroughly tired lol. I just hope I can get on a team sometime soon, because it is boring not being able to play :( . Hopefully I will start going to this pickup game with adults. Anyways, thanks for reading.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 01 Oct 2006, 16:09

I enjoy reading this not only does it give me ideas for things to do but keeps me motivated to keep training. If you keep this up you're well on your way to become pro just remember not to slack off in training (I'm guilty of it :( ).

Does your school have a soccer team you can join? Now I realise you won't get the best games of soccer through it but it will be practice nonetheless. I joined my schools team and it seems like only I take the practices seriously, others will play hard in games but they really aren't that good because they don't try in practice. Stuff like that would be the only downside to joining a school team.

I know what it's like to want to play in a pick-up game and find none.

Good luck on your training.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 01 Oct 2006, 16:18

^^^^ thanks, and no my school is too small to have a footy team. It is so annoying!!! My old school had a good team though, we only lost 2 games, it was really fun, and the players were all good. I am sincerely hoping that I will get on some sort of team, or find a weekly pick-up game! Anyways, thanks for replying.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 01 Oct 2006, 16:46

iwannagopro wrote:-Sept. 30

I just hope I can get on a team sometime soon, because it is boring not being able to play :( . Hopefully I will start going to this pickup game with adults. Anyways, thanks for reading.
I find myself in the same situation. Although, i will be trying out for my high school team next semester. There are some pretty nice mexicans that i might play with until then. But all of them can pretty much kick my butt since they're all 15+ years older than me.

Sometimes it's hard to keep motivated to practice by yourself, but in the end that's what separates the good players from the legendary.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 02 Oct 2006, 04:30

-Oct. 1

Hufflepuff lol. I had to go with my parents on a hike far far away, and we ended up staying most of the day there, so I didn't get to do much footy practice, well actually I haven't touched a ball all day :( . But on the hike I walked 3 miles uphill and 3 miles downhill, and then I did some leg exercises, so I guess it was ok, but tomorrow is school again so I won't be heading anywhere, and it is back to sprints and the wall lol. Thanks for reading anyway.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 03 Oct 2006, 01:11

-Oct. 2

Today some kids from the neighborhood came by my house, say we did some 1v1 drills and freekicks for about an hour, then I worked on my juggling for 10 minutes. My dad says I need to work on my touch, and I was wondering if anyone knows any good drills to improve your feel for the ball? Anyways after that I did 8 skillbuilders, 4 with a ball going up the hill, and 4 without the ball. After that I did some situps and back exercises. Now I have to write 5 paragraphs for an essay on the book "Catcher in the Rye" for English. Wish me luck lol. Thanks for reading

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 04 Oct 2006, 04:08

-Oct. 3

I'm slowly losing interest in training so hard, because I'm not playing any games at all. It really is screwing me up because I'm not having fun, and that is what footy is all about. I need to be able to play in a game or two a week, to keep up my motivation, so it is not happening for me. All i did was something like 10 minutes of juggling, and I went inside and finished up this big essay I was writing. So my mom said that I could probably set up a new team and enter into a league indoor, which would probably be really fun and keep me motivated. So what do u guys think? Do u have any ideas to keep me motivated, other than what I just said? Anyways thanks for reading!

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 04 Oct 2006, 11:06

Well I don't have much time to type right now but when I do I will edit this with more stuff.

Honestly I believe that no matter how much you enjoy something if you continue doing it over and over you are going to get bored of it (practice). Some things you should do is set goals or change the entire practice around. Without some type of change it is guarenteed to be boring.

Some goals might be a very fast 40m time or being able to make a shot into the bottom corners 90% of the time. Goals to that effect would make training much more appealing since you will get a 'reward' now instead of in many years when you become pro.

One other thing also is you should have atleat one day of rest a week. That doesn't mean absolutely nothing but a day without sprints and just a lot of running in general. Your body needs time to repair itself and if you don't give it that time you will burn yourself out in a few weeks and honestly your body just won't 'allow' you to practice since it will be so tired.

I'll edit this when I get more time.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 09 Oct 2006, 05:47

Ok! I know what all of you have been thinking! You are all saying that I was just gonna pretend that I practice and that now I have stopped but this is not the case! What happened was I became rather burned out physically and mentally, because I jumped straight into a really physicaly taxing training that took a lot of my time, and this really screwed me up for a bit. But a week of rest and recuperation and checking some of Jdefoe's lovely guides, I have now constructed a better training plan that will train me so I progressively get faster and stronger, instead of jumping straight into the hardest stuff. And also, I have taken Icy's advice, and I decided that I will not do physical stuff like running and pushups on Fridays and Sundays, and I will mostly just do some fun stuff like juggling and smashing it against the wall lol. SO, so far this is what i have done...

-Oct. 6
Today I practiced with some friends on shots and some 1v1 for about 2 hours. After that I did some freestyle for 45 minutes. No physical stuff today.

-Oct. 7
Here I woke up and played around on some traps and kicks for about 2 hours total, then I practiced freestyling and juggling for about 2 hours. At the end of the day I did 1 km of fartleks and 3 skillbuilders.

-Oct. 8
I did Jdefoe's Home dribbling program and I plan on continuing to do it, as it is excellent and i reccomend it! After that ( it took roughly a half hour) I went and played with my friend's down at the field for 1 and half hours. We worked on crosses and 1v1 and shots, and it was blazing hot. I didn't do any sprints because I got enough sprints from running all over the field in that weather. After I got home I decided to juggle for a half hour, so just so you know my record before I started had been 26, and then the last time I juggled in the half hour, I got... 94 juggles! This has got to be some kind of record for best improvement lol. I thought that was amazing. I don't know why but when I started juggling, something just clicked. I think it has something to do with Jdefoe's dribbling program, so that is the main reason I'm gonna continue using it, because it seems that it is the ultimate touch developer. After that I did some leg exercises, and now I'm off to bed. Tomorrow will begin the true beginning of the beginning lol. Thanks for reading.