Attempt to go Pro

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

thanks xstaticx, do you know anyways that I can relax, such as listening to classical music or such?? That way I can get into a relaxed state of mind a bit before the trials, and then try to kick some *ss. Thanks for your help!

G-Unit-Freestyler

R u Dutch by any chance? Just saw that ur name was "De Jong"...

angelos
New User

Yeah well music sounds great, and take a hot tub the night before. Just make sure you're well rested and haven't as much as lifted a finger the day before the trials and you'll do just fine...

mikaldinho

i prefer to get as many touches on the ball as possible the day before a game/ trial... i find it makes me feel alot more comfortable and confident with the ball the next day

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

thanks for the help guys, it is appreciated, keep it coming! And G-Unit-Freestyler, yea I have dual-citezenship, half Dutch half American, and I am damn proud of my Dutch side. I always root for Holland in all international games. Go Holland! And just so u know my dad is the Dutch Parent, my mom is from Manhattan.

-Oct. 24
Today I just got a whole bunch of touches on the ball, and I have been practicing my skills in general, and now I'm just gonna relax, I gotta be relaxed in the body but pumped up in the mind, so I am preparing right now. Peace out, and like I said above, more ideas on how to be relaxed are welcome! Thanks for reading!

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Relaxing is kinda tough. It's not something I can tell you how to do because I don't even know how to relax correctly. I find that I am more relaxed when I have a lot of confidence. Like when I am running and I see people tired, it helps me relax because I know their limits and I can do the right moves at the right time. So I make the right runs at the right time.

If you are aware of where everyone is on the field at once, it allows you to relax because you know how much time you have and you know what pass or touch you are going to take next.

When you see a defender fall for a feint or an improvisation, it helps because you know you have bought yourself a little bit more time and gave your teammates some time to get in good position. I am always a bit relaxed when I play because I know that nobody can get the ball off of me, because I have superior endurance and good control. So I am relaxed even when there is a defender right on me. I guess all it takes is some practice and the confidence that grows from that repetition. (Just play the way you usually play, be your personal best and relaxing and confidence will come through experience at high levels of play.

harmerdinho
Sophomore Member

iwannagopro wrote:thanks for the help guys, it is appreciated, keep it coming! And G-Unit-Freestyler, yea I have dual-citezenship, half Dutch half American, and I am damn proud of my Dutch side. I always root for Holland in all international games. Go Holland! And just so u know my dad is the Dutch Parent, my mom is from Manhattan.

-Oct. 24
Today I just got a whole bunch of touches on the ball, and I have been practicing my skills in general, and now I'm just gonna relax, I gotta be relaxed in the body but pumped up in the mind, so I am preparing right now. Peace out, and like I said above, more ideas on how to be relaxed are welcome! Thanks for reading!
With regards to relaxing, I'm pretty sure that http://mastersport.co.uk/soccerskills.htm has a small section on relaxing and psychological techniques in general.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

thanks for that both of u^^^^^ the site really helped and so did the info xstaticx

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

-Oct. 26
Just had my second trial, and it went much better. When we played 5v5 keepaway i wasnt that good still, but i was better, and when we played 7v7 small sided i did waaay better. I scored 2 off of goalkeeper rebounds from another players shot and i did a left-footed cross(im a righty) and it went straight to the guy in. Then I played defender for the next two games, and i didnt make any real fatal mistakes, although for some reason when the keeper rolled the ball to me, i stuck out my foot and the ball just went by. It must have something to do with me growing... my coordination hasnt been so good of late. Anyways after the trial the coach talked to me and he said that I have a spot on the B team which is fine with me, so I'm on! I dont really care that i didnt make the A team, because he said that I can easily make it on to the A team if show myself, so that is what i plan on doing... time to kick down and start working my way up the ranks!

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Good work man, keep it up, if you play well, they may move you up to the A team, that's how we did it at club.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

^^^ Thanks.

-Nov. 5
Havent practiced of late, because I havent been feeling well, just some freestyle and other things, so i averaged about 1 hour of practice since the last post i made. Havent done any physical training either, because I was afraid that it would just put more strain on my body and I would really get sick. Doesnt really matter though, because I got sick anyway :cry: , right now im feeling horrible, and i have napped and slept and read some books the whole day, i only got out of bed to get snack once. Tomorrow I was supposed to shadow for high school, but guess i wont make it. And it is too bad because this Wednesday at my school we have this thing called a jog-a-thon where u raise money for this field trip, and u do that by getting pledges per each lap e.g. $1 and then they pay you for each lap you run in the space of an hour. IF i did that i would probably be sick for a month, so guess im not going to. *sigh* im so bored and tired.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

hope you get better, and good luck with ur professional campaign.
btw thanx for letting me use the skillbuilders! :P
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

Falcao

i have dreamed to become pro since i was 7. my favorite player was Ronaldo that time. i watched the world cup in 1998, and i almost cried because brazil lost
but remember man in your age dont just practice skills, practice speed to.'

good pace practice;

set up 5 cones; 5meters (yards) distance from one cone to another.
then start on cone 1, and run as fast as you can to cone 2 and back to
cone 1. and without stopping run to cone 3 and back to cone 1 and then to
cone 4 and back to cone 1. do this 3 times. take a little break for every round you do. you can also change it like; instead
of running to cone 2 run to cone 4 and so on. its ur choice. its a really good practice. try it for 2 weeks after every practice.

do that at the end of every practice.

i practice everyday 3 hours

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

i know... just lately for the last two weeks or so, i have been quite under the weather, and i dont want to push it. But yes thank you for that exercise, i will use it in my training plan when im feeling better! Thanks a ton, advice is always useful!

oh and thanks for the get well message and advice gunnerz! Im sure to get better now :D and no prob about the skillbuilders!

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

-Nov. 7
I played soccer golf with a friend, it was great fun and very good for practicing my freekicks, curves, chips, and accuracy. I played that for about 30 min, then after that I played two touch against a wall with some kids from around here, and it was again good for my kicking skills which are still in desperate need of help. During school I had a footy match that the school makes, it is an inter-school tournament, with each team having about 7 players all from our school. I lost because the ball was too damn light to control, it was practically a foam ball, no joke. Anyways, thanks for reading!