Attempt to go Pro

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Hello, my name is Connor deJong, and I have been playin football since I was 8, but I was never really into it until this summer (currently i am 13). My dream is to go pro, and it sounds like a really idiotic idea, because no one understands, but hey, I'm gonna give it a shot, and dedicate the next several years of my life to see if I can make it. So, here is a quick biography.

I was born in South Carolina, and I lived there until I was 7, then I moved to California, where I have been playing in a recreational league. When I was in 6th grade, my family and I moved to Spain for a year, and there I played for my local club, and I played footy every day for 2 hours at school, so it really gave me some decent skills. After that, I moved back to California, and I played for my Junior high team, and at the beggining i was the worst player, but eventually i worked my way up to become the center forward starter. After that I switched schools, and came to a school where they don't have a team, so I recently tried out for a 3rd division team, and easily made it. The only setback was that everyone on the team were the worst players I have ever met, and the coach was a complete idiot. So I quit. And now I think I'm going to get on to another Recreational league team, and kick everone's butt :twisted: and meanwhile practice at home. Or I might just play pickup games every tuesday and thursday with some hispanic adults, that should make me good! So my real goal right now is to get on to this quite good 1st division team called Santa Rosa United, who regurlaly win the state cup and some times regionals and even nationals. I know I could make it on, but my parents don't want to drive me to games and practices, because it is 25 minutes away (my parents are busy :cry: ). But im gonna ask if i can join the team for christmas, so meanwhile, im gonna hone my skills to prefection so I can become a started on the team by the time I get on. So I will keep a record of my practices by myself, and what happens at school maybe if it is football-related. So that's it!

retardx

Good luck. :D

powell
English Meister

hey man i just want to say it sound really good. Good luck aswell

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

-Sept 25

First day of training, I trained for about an hour and 50 minutes by myself, and so I will review that. First 5 minutes I practiced some kick-ups, then I moved on to trapping. I could trap the ball completely and have the ball on the ground or bouncing below my knee 1/10 times, and then by the end of the trapping session I could get it 4/10 times. Mind you I kicked the ball up against a wall to the height of about 30-40 feet. Then I did some of my "Skillbuilders" (lol I made up the name, I'm gonna copyright it) which are fairly good for skillbuilding in general if I do say so myself lol. It's where I do ten juggles just to get my mind off of everything, then I drop down and do ten pushups, then I explode up and sprint about 80 yards uphill, and back down, and I repeat. I did 6 sets of those, then I ran back as fast as I could to the wall while dribbling the ball, and I did some shots on a target, I started with 1/5 accuracy with right foot and 0/5 with left, but by the end I got 2/5 right foot and 3/5 left foot, which is surprising since im a righty. So that's it, and I'm gonna go juggle some more now.

edit:finished juggling, just a quick 10 minute session, I was feeling a bit tired.
Tomorrow I will concentrate more on juggling and freestyle.

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

keep it up. ur about my age, and u have passion juss like me. mayb we shall see in each other in the future.
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

acmilan94

are you trying out for the 93's(U14)?because if you are, just to tell you, that team doesn't win any more. they used to be the state champions. now the crappiest teams can tie them. (like a team my friend plays on)
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

oh thanks acmilan, thanks for the info, I would hate myself if i ended up signing onto another crappy team. Maybe I will try out for the 92's they are supposed to be really good, they won the regionals. And if I don't make it I guess I might as well get on the 93's they might get better again next year. Anyways ty for the info, it is cool that you live near me, maybe one day we will meat in a game? See ya around.

Edit:Oh yea thanks everyone for the encouragement, it really does help!

Scazza
New User

Good luck to you! I don't know the odds of a goalie going pro but are they slimmer than outfield players or do we have more of a chance to be scouted?

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

I think goalkeepers have a better chance if they just concentrate on goalkeeping, and not other positions, so you probably have a good chance, just practice a lot, and check out the goalkeeping section. Mind you I might be wrong, so you would be better off asking Aman-147

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

-Sept. 26

Another boring day at school, but luckily my friend came over. We just messed around with the soccer ball for a half hour, than we took some free kicks on each other. I realized that I should work on my free kicks lol. When he left I worked on my trapping from a height for about 40 minutes and I started with 5/10 but then I got to 6/10 which is ok with me. My goal is to get 8/10 consistently by this Monday, then I will move on to different types of traps. So then after that I did the mile, and I timed myself and got 6:50. It's the best I have gotten so I'm happy with myself. My goal is to get 6:40 by the end of these two weeks. After that I worked on my shots. And I began with 0/10 with both feet :cry: but then after about a half hour I got it up to average 3 to 4/5 with my right, but my left was only 2/5 on average. I need to work on my accuracy! Then after that I practiced juggling which I have just started a couple days ago, and so far I have 16 juggles as my best score under complete control no spin, not to high, and perfect for doing freestyle moves. Lol. I hope to get 30 juggles by the end of two weeks. I'm not really that worried about my juggling. So that about wraps it up, thanks for reading.

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

keep up the good work. and u'll c the reward
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

-Sept. 27

Another day at school, boring as usual. So when I got home I started practicing my trapping, and now I can trap it 9/10 times, so I got it down and now I'm practicing trapping the ball when it is moving fast towards me bouncing. I have almost mastered that already, as it is very similar to what I was doing before. I only have one problem, when the ball is coming towards me, sometimes the bounced is timed so it goes over my head at the exact moment it is coming. I have tried running forward when I see that happen, but by then it is too late. And if I walk backwards, that wouldn't work well in a game, so I'm wondering what you guys know about what to do. Anyways after that I practiced some shots, and my left is still at 2/5 accuracy and my right is still at 4/5 accuracy, so I gotta get some more practice. Then I did some juggling for 15 minutes. After that I did some calve exercises that my P.E. teacher told me personally ( he is really cool) and that my Science teacher told me (he is another cool guy who is a biker fanatic). I could feel it burning and they both said that it will help improve my jumping and sprinting capability. After that I did 1km of fartleks, then some more juggling, and now I got some tests to study for tomorrow so i gotta go, thanks for reading!

Edit: Oh yea I forgot to say I called the recreational league coach and he says the team is full, so I guess it is pickup games with adults. Huzzah! Lol.

kamil k

Hay iwannagopro,

u have the same dream as me goodluck!

(i'll play u wen ur older in the world cup- Australia V USA lol)

LOL

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

You sound very dedicated. Good log too.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

-Sept. 28

Whew! I had two tests today, both very important ones and neither of them I studied for, cuz i was so into practicing footy skills lol. Luckily I got an A on both of them :shock: :D :P . After that to celebrate I had a friend over, so we practiced trapping together for about 15 minutes, then some juggling, and then shots on target for another 25 minutes (a glass bottle lol, when I hit it it all of the drink stayed in the same spot, but the glass fell and shattered lol, it was super cool 8) . So then I played some 1v1 on him, and I won 3-2 , and he was mad because he kept on saying that I was making up the rules as I was going along lol, and sometimes I was, but never real important ones lol. hehehe. So after that, I did 7 skillbuilders with him (check my Sept. 25 post to figure out what they are), and I was a whole skillbuilder ahead of him, so I guess I'm gettin good lol. And now I'm gonna do 100 sit-ups, then some pushups and back stretches. Wish me luck on my vocabulary test tomorrow, I might study for it if I'm not to busy :lol: . Cheers!