Preparing for semi-pro tryout

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
Hello Everybody!

My name is Tyler...I am familiar with competition all the way up to the semi-pro level. I am trying out for a semipro team this spring. I also am featured on www.magicfeet.cjb.net for some ball trix i compiled like half a year ago

expert
Site Admin

Welcome to the Expert Football forum! I wish you best of luck with your upcoming tryout. What are you working on in order to prepare for it?

That is a great link by the way. It's very interesting to see what you kids are up to. You also got me thinking: I should really expand my site with more tricks and freestyle moves.

sfspitfire23
Sophomore Member

hi and sorry for the "Guest" post. I am preparing for the tryout by practiceing 3 and 1/2 hours daily. (Of course there are some exeption to this like now when i have to revise my schedule) I start my day off at 6:00 in the morning and do my running, weights, pylometrics etc. Then i head for school. when i get home i do my homework for about an hour then go off and train. Sometimes by myself or sometimes with other players. I do drills and work on things i need to improve on. (I really want to gain 15 lbs before the tryout...i currently weigh 150) After this I go home, eat and then I set of again to play for another 1/2 hour...but this time with a tennis ball. I do cone drills with this.

Thats what im doing ;-)

Do you guys have any tips for how to get geared up when you really dont want to train but you know you have to?

expert
Site Admin

Good question. I don't thing there is a universal answer to this one. What works for one person may not work for another. Here are some facts that I have noticed:

-Training is most productive in the morning because you have more energy (you have already covered this one)
-Decrease the duration of your training so that you are working less but with more intensity. The worst thing to do is to sluggishly drag yourself through practice.
-Interest or excitement about training (or anything else for that matter) can be incited by rewards (psychological or physical).
-Having a very specific training goal can help with keeping you interested. Come up with a "daily task", for example, to complete 50 repetitions of a specific drill. It is very important to set your goal on the night before. You'll feel satisfaction (reward) upon completing your task.
Last edited by expert on 14 Nov 2004, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

sfspitfire23
Sophomore Member

Once again thank you expert

johnny114life

hi
my name is johnny george i am in high school im trying to reach the next level. where can i find soccer maches ( Arsenal). I was also wondering how can i dribble by defenders bigger and faster than me. Can you also send me something to work on during the summer to improve my touch. finishing.shooting and dribbling.

davidlavery
New User

Hi, my name is david lavery and i currently play for rosario fc at under 15 level. Is there any experts that can send me a timetable to improve my shooting, pace, dribbling over a period of time as i am a striker.
David Lavery

madridfc
Veteran Member

david,check out the individual training forum
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

davidlavery
New User

Thanks very much madrid. muchos gracais (if thats the correct spanish)
David Lavery

madridfc
Veteran Member

si, señor. (i actually amnot from madrid, but like the team. i am taking spanish though, and am having a lot of fun with it)
olé

madridfc
Veteran Member

welcome to the forums, david, by the way
olé

Lopez

Nice , i would also like to learn such a language as spanish , italy or portugese but i haven't found any courses near my town yet. I'm also thinking about moving to another country in the future when i've earned enough money cause i'm not a fan of germany even i like it here and have a lot of friends, family ect.
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

madridfc
Veteran Member

spanish is the way to go, man. its such a sick language. except for that whole rolling your R's thing. its really not for me. but hey, you already know german and english, don't you? so you're pretty much all set. did you learn english in school or something?
olé

Lopez

yes, i learned english in school but use it also quiet a lot in my privat life.
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

[.Squirt.]
New User

Hello all. I hope, if any are here, are doing very well! I'm [.Squirt.], as you can see of course. So hello and have a great day!

Our soccer season starts March 23...go Devils!
Intellegent Politician = oxymoron.
Rawr-ness.