A STRIKERS World.

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
nextlevel66
Veteran Member

A STRIKERS World.

Post by nextlevel66 » 28 Jul 2006, 00:45

Hey everyone my name is Huthman Larry King aka "shaka" aka "kinghuff" aka a lot of other things. Well i decided its time to share my soccer carrer with the world. I'm 14 5'10 and about 137 pounds. I look skinny but i'm one of the strongest kids on my team and prolly in my age group. ( i max out on 190 pounds). Well i play striker or center mid and left mid. I'm right footed and my shot is a rocket. I dont have the best ball skills but i try my hardest to get to that level. I play for Rancocas Valley Hurricanes and i'm also a captain with my best friend Dougie Jones. We train together everyday with another good friend Kyle Teschko. I dont like to brag but us 3 are like in the top 5 kids our age in our county. My team is a strong team and we decided for the upcoming season to add on stronger, and talented players to our squad. I'm going to be a freshman this upcoming school year and i'm fighting to geta spot on the VARISTY SQUAD. Our coach for Varsity is damon petras and he told most of us that only 4 freshman will make varsity out of about 7 or 8 of us good players.

Today i had an indoor game for our highschool and i played on the freshman squad. IT WAS SO EASY. I had 1 goal and 2 assists. My first touch and control with the ball was beautiful i dribbled through 3 guys and ripped a shot into the left lower coner but the goalie blocked it my friend Kyle shot it bak but someone blocked it den it came back to me and i ripped it upper 90 to scored the first goal of the game. Next i had to play defense and i played center back. I stole the ball from a kid and i dribbled through their whole team no lie. i didnt do any special moves except use my agility and cuts. i got into the 18 ready to rip a shot when some kid came up and slid tackled me from behind and hurt my ankle, yet the whistle was left silent. I still played, next it was a corner i headed it towards goal but some kid blocked it den it came bak to me, i dummied it and let my teamate rip it into the goal. After that i had a lil wall pass going, then i passed it to a teammate who gave me a through ball and i was going for goal when i got slidtackled but from the side and i didnt score when i shood have earlieir but my teamate was trailing me and was there to put it in the back of the net. This was my day today.

I have ODP try-outs in NJ and was looking for advice sicne i'm only 14 and i'm going to have to play u16.

Any drills to help me handle the physicalness and raise my tactical awareness and my ball skills or ne other drill that will help improve in 2 weeks.

JOGA BONITO
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

king geedorah
New User

Post by king geedorah » 28 Jul 2006, 06:15

condition yourself via sprints, jogging, etc. etc.

be prepared for a tough outing at ODP..epecially an age above your own.

keep your feet in tune..make sure to get touches daily before your tryout. try your best and give it all you've got. you should do fine

render unto Geedorah what is Geedorah's

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 28 Jul 2006, 06:27

king geedorah wrote:condition yourself via sprints, jogging, etc. etc.

be prepared for a tough outing at ODP..epecially an age above your own.

keep your feet in tune..make sure to get touches daily before your tryout. try your best and give it all you've got. you should do fine
Yeah thats a good suggestion Bryan.

Also to add to that, i would say maybe visit the gym a little bit to get that extra strength on the ball, and get that explosiveness. Focus on all-around things.

The Wall is also a really good thing to do before a match because it gets those touches in that you need to be warmed up and have great ball control.So just kick the ball against the wall, give it some air and trap it on your chest, and just play with some confidence .Good luck
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 28 Jul 2006, 23:35

Thanks for the help.

Well today i wen over Dougie's house and we watched some soccer on tv and we did a little bit off studying, such as Tactics, and formations and different defenses and also different plays and creating space. Then abou 5 i went out for a scrimmage against the u13 team with my freshman team. We werent allowed to dribble through players or anything. I scored 2 goals and no assits. 1st goal was on a breakaway, and the 2nd was 1 also. i could have had 4 goals but the other 2 i kicked it right at the goalie on a breakaway and the second was a corner where i kicked it at the goalie again.

Tommorow i wanna try and go play in the morning since it's suppose to be around 92degrees.

Well looking at today and what i did wrong is there anyway i can stay calm under pressure and not get to anxious where i just kick it at the goalie.

JOga boniTO

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 29 Jul 2006, 23:51

Well today i went out at 8 in the morning by myself. I practiced my shooting for about an hour. working on doing a move then shoot, turning and shooting and also working on my left foot. Next i practiced my ball skills like doing different moves, and also working on my scicsors. I also practiced pasing while moving and chip passing.

I did this from 8-11, and i did get bored at one point i decided to keep going.

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 31 Jul 2006, 22:23

I had camp today and the rest of this week. I will post about it on saturday or friday because im 2 tired to think.

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 06 Aug 2006, 18:30

I had camp for a whole week, then a tournament on saturday and sunday.

The camp was a good camp and i learned a lot of new things about myself.
The camp was from 9am-2pm. It was very tiring because of the heat.

Our tournament on saturday and sunday was very fun. The coach of the varisty squad decided to rbing up 8 freshman and use 8 varsity players. We did pretty good, since we made it to the seminfinals and lost. Overall i had a great tournament i started 3 times out of 4. I had 1 assit and no goals. We played against all varsity teams, and they were phsyical and fast but they werent good enough. I had some highlights, such as i dribbled thorugh 2 players and took a shot but it missed by like 6 inches. Then in the semifinals i dribbled through 3-4 players and ripped a shot right at the goalie. I had about 10 crosses in the second game with about 45mins of playing time since we only played 30 minute halves. The last game was my best game i think because i played about 55mins out of 60 which is preety good for a freshman. We lost 4-1 becasue a lot of mistakes, but we didnt really care since we had majority of our team as freshmans, and they had all varsity players.

I have camp again the rest of this week from 9-12, after the camp in the morning i'll be training again from about 4-7or8, just to stay ahead of the competition, and hopefully to pursue my my small goal by making odp for u16.(im only 14)

JOga boniTO

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 06 Aug 2006, 18:34

if you really are as good as you say you are, like top five in country, which is debatable considering you're only a freshman, you should have no problem making varsity.

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 06 Aug 2006, 18:50

Top 5 in COUNTY not COUNTRY. sorry for the miss understanding, plus i'm talking about 14 year-olds. Top 5 in the county for 14year olds

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 08 Aug 2006, 17:56

i have camp for this whole week.

Yesterday at camp we worked on 1 touch passing, then we played small sided then full field. durin the small sided i did pretty good getting open and taking shots ending up with 2 goals.

when we played full field i was doin good, but then i got a cross i chested it then started juggling i juggle it 3 times then took a hot and messed up. The coach made me run about a quarter of a mile cuz i waz "showboating".

After camp i trained at the field with Dougie and kyle for about an 1and 30mins until i had to leave becasue of personal reasons.

Today

We worked on 1 touch passing and and touches such as chest kick back, and thigh kick back.Then we did heading. We again did small field and i was playin just like c.ronaldo.

I took the ball into the corner then started doing scissors and stepovers and got by the kid. I did this 2 times and it worked both times.

When we played on the full field i was pissed off becasue one we didnt keep any posseion of the ball and 2 i only touched the ball 3 times for about half an hour.Everybody on my team was playin indivually and not hustlin bal when they lost the ball.about 30mins i just gave up and walked on the field and didnt try at all. We ended up losin 5-2 which ticked me of even more.

Right now i'm about to leave for the weight room at my highschool, then after that probably goin to train at the field.

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 09 Aug 2006, 18:10

Yesterday

the weight room was closed but instead of going home we played 3v3 in the parking lot.It was real fun. We also ran arount the school,fooling around and stuff

today

we had camp. We did drills that make our touches better such as thigh foot, chest foot, head foot, and foot foot. After that we did small sided. As soon as we started i took the ball and dribbled through 3 players and ripped a shot into the bottom right corner. My second goal i got the ball on the sideline dribbled into the middle going towards the other side when i cut the ball back and ripped a shot which the goalie fumbled, and ended up in the back of the net. My third goal came when the ball was bouncing aroung in the box when the defender pulled a dummy(where he lets the ball go through his legs) and it ended up at my feet, i did the 2touch or w.e its called(where u step on the ball and drag it behind ur plant foot and then touch it to the side of the plant foot)then i ripped a shot with my left foot and it ended up in the right bottom corner.After that we played full field and i was doing all right but not good enough for my liking . I had a couple of crosses, lost the ball about 2 times but i had a lil bit of magic here and there.I got put on the other team where i played center attacking mid. Where i was starting to shine i was playin beautful passes for my offense and each pass seem to put the defense backs against the wall. 1 time i got doubled team from behind and in the front i did a scissor with my right foot and touched it away with my left. The defender behind me bought the move and the 1 in front had a lil hesitation but i tried to get by him but he cut off my angle i ended up laying it off to my teammate.

later on today im going to go train at the fields with dougie and probably kyle

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 10 Aug 2006, 01:48

about 4pm i went out and trained with dougie at the fields we worked on our speed and quick feet by using speeed rings. Then we did a lil obstacle course to wrok on our conditioning and speed. After that we ran for .75 miles just for a lil more conditioning. Then we went to dougies house and ate. Then came back out and all the fields were taking by otther local teams. We tried to get in some of the scrimages but the coaches wouldnt let us. "we have enough people, sorry" <--what a bunch of bull.

Well i have camp 2mmrw then odp try-outs at 5:30 so wish me luck.

OO yea is there anything i can do that can imrpove anypart of my game in a day???

help plz

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 11 Aug 2006, 20:10

Well camp was the same> When we were playin small sided and full field I didnt do good as i wanted to but the coach at the end told the whole camp that me and 2 other people work our asses off. Basically hustlin and such.

Later on i went to ODP try-outs for NJ. I played a year up but did really really good. Fisrt we played small sided games 9v9. I did really well getting back on d making good passes and blowin by people down the wing.

We then went to full field. I scored the only goal by capitalizing on the defenses mistake. I was pressruin the ball when the defender passed the ball back to the goalie. I sprinted and Pushed the ball away from the goalie, it almost went out but i saved it i cut the ball back inside to my left, faked the shot and the goalie slid into the goal. So i just finished it. I was making lots of runs and talkin to my midfielders, by yellin at them to give me the ball. I wouldnt do it in a game but it was try-outs and i had to show them i was a force on the field.

During the full field the coach of the state team asked me where i was from meaning north or south inside new jersey. I thought he meant like where my family is from so i said My family is from nigeria. Then the ball came by and i was of running. WHen the try-out was over i went and shook both the coaches hands and when i shooked the one who was evauliating my field he said "Oh my friend, my friend, you keep up the good work.Keep it up, keep it up. While he just shook every1 elses hand and said thank you for coming.

I have 2 more tryouts on saturday and sunday.

Wish me luck

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 12 Aug 2006, 19:49

Yesterday i played in the street with my friends. and it was real fun. We played 2v2 and a lot of action happened

Today was another odp try-out. I think i di dreal well because i talked to my midfeild and defense, i told them thier options, and i made the game easier for them. we played full field the whole time and i had 3 megs. 1 time i did a bunch of scissors then tapped it thorugh his legs and got a cross off. then i was sheilding it and did a scissor and heeled it thru his legs. and the other meg i poked it thorugh. i was doin mad scissors like crazy and i burned my man everytime. i got at least 10 crosses. i could have 3 assists if people on my team knew how to shoot cuz i gave them perfect passes. well the coach took my numba down today i think, cuz he came up behind me after i blew by my man for like hundreth time.

2mmrw is the last try-out so wish me luck!!!

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 13 Aug 2006, 19:32

Today was the last odp tryout i didnt do that good. i just played average. but i hope that they look at my other tryouts then just today. My numba is 1050 and the website is njyouthsoccer.com so wish me well that i made it.