Hello from Chicago

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
speedbump
New User

Hi guys/gals,

this is my first post here, but I can already see there's a nice soccer community going on here, which is great!

My name's Alex and I'm 21 yrs old. I've played soccer for about 14 yrs now. I live in chicago's nw burbs (if there's anyone around here, just holla). I played for my high school team as a left midfielder and left forward. I have a pretty powerful left foot but I'm currently trying to develop my right. (any tips would be greatly appreciated). I'm first year in college but I didn't even try out for the soccer team last fall - i guess, cuz i felt i was out of shape and wouldn't do good. I'm doing 3 miles of jogging every evening and an hour or two of ball practice during each day. I'm going to school and work at the same time - it's a pretty busy schedule, I'll tell you that. :) I'm definitely trying to get in shape so I can play some competitive soccer during the summer and be ready for the tryouts in the fall.

Well, I'm happy to meat you and trade experience, ideas, knowledge and so on with you!

If there's someone around me, I'll be more than happy to play some football with you! ;-)

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Hey man, welcome to the site. I'm sure theres alot of peeps that are from Chicago, theres alot of soccer fans there. But is there like alot of Baseball fans there as well? I mean when the Chicago Cubs play in Wrigley field the stadium is jammed packed...

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Welcome, nice to have you...
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

speedbump
New User

hey, thanks all
cHaVa wrote:Hey man, welcome to the site. I'm sure theres alot of peeps that are from Chicago, theres alot of soccer fans there. But is there like alot of Baseball fans there as well? I mean when the Chicago Cubs play in Wrigley field the stadium is jammed packed...
Yeah man, there's a lot of baseball fans around here and even more American Football fans. I don't like baseball. I enjoy the Am. football though... it's pretty interesting once you get it and know why are they all trying to kill each other on the field.

Soccer's my sport though... been playing it for 14 years and counting... LOVE IT!!! There's a game in May, I think, on Soldier Field. England vs. USA, don't know if I'll be able to go, since I'll probably be out of state.. ;-(

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Yeah, i think Mexico will play there against Poland on the 28th, i'm not sure.

footballlover5
New User

hey i went to the USA v. England game. and im also going to the games Real Madrid v. Chivas and AC milan v. Chicago Fire! its awesome now so many European teams are coming and puting exhibitions on in Chicago

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Yeah cause they want to tap into the lucrative American market that is virtually unknown.

dooglas
Veteran Member

this is really going to help the sport here, im excited.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?