The 5 year thread...

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
jdefoe
Forum groupie

The 5 year thread...

Post by jdefoe » 09 Jan 2006, 00:22

I'm not sure if I should make this a sticky or not, but I will so everyone can see it easier. I want everyone to write down where they are now, and where they want to go in football. I will eventually lock this thread. And if this site is still going (hopefully, i'm assuming it will be) I will bring this thread back up to see where we go in soccer in 5 years time. It's just for fun, because like me and the expert discussed, it would be cool to see where everyone is in 5 years.

Thanks for the support
Last edited by jdefoe on 15 Jan 2006, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

D347H574R

Post by D347H574R » 09 Jan 2006, 00:29

great idea JD,

Well currently, I play sweeper for my state side (NSW), in the U14 age-group.

In 5 years time, 2010-2011, I would like to be playing in the A-League if not at a higher level, and maybe even representing my country. I believe that if I train hard enough and am 100% dedicated I have a very realistic chance of this being the case..

Cheers,
R2D2
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”
“If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be!”
Bill Shankly

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 09 Jan 2006, 00:36

currently, im playing w/ any one who will playw/ me and in 5 years, i hope to be playing in pick up games at parks, and coaching a high school/club team
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 09 Jan 2006, 00:51

In 5 years, i'd like to just start my a-league career, because the first 4 i'd like to finish my university career and get a degree, but if soccer doesn't work out for me i'll have my education, but if all goes well, i'll be in the A-League after being a university allstar and a PDL player. Right now, I'm a red shirt in university (which means I don't play, but i practice with the team), and hopefully i'll reach my goals.

Cristiano_Ronaldo

Post by Cristiano_Ronaldo » 09 Jan 2006, 01:02

In 5 Years ... that's 06-2011 .. I'm 15 right now and I'll be 21 by then , I'm playing in Super-Y League and I'm going to England after I graduate to see if there's a chance I can turn Pro

D347H574R

Post by D347H574R » 09 Jan 2006, 01:11

jdefoe wrote:In 5 years, i'd like to just start my a-league career, because the first 4 i'd like to finish my university career and get a degree, but if soccer doesn't work out for me i'll have my education, but if all goes well, i'll be in the A-League after being a university allstar and a PDL player. Right now, I'm a red shirt in university (which means I don't play, but i practice with the team), and hopefully i'll reach my goals.
..just checking, you know what the A-League is??

..no offence, just chekcing
“If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be!”
Bill Shankly

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 09 Jan 2006, 01:19

hopefully i'll have passed up pele's club career scoring record by then :lol:

realistically, i'd like to be playing in the usl. i'd like to get a chance to play in the 2012 olympic tournament, but that may be asking a bit much. so my goal is usl. my dream is mls (or europe).
Hala Galacticos

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 09 Jan 2006, 01:20

D347H574R wrote:
..just checking, you know what the A-League is??

..no offence, just chekcing
yes, its the 1st division of the United Soccer League, its usually where players out of college who aren't good enough for the MLS play and old MLS players who are closer to retirement. why do u ask?

D347H574R

Post by D347H574R » 09 Jan 2006, 01:22

..the real A-League, as FIFA recognises it, is Australia's 'premier' league, it is new and only started last year...

I thought you might have been thinking of something like that which is why i asked, but i understand what you mean now, and i wish you the besst of luck with it aswell
Bill Shankly

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Post by XstaticX » 09 Jan 2006, 01:57

I'm Haroun

Right now, I am a college freshman and I am playing in local men's competitive indoor leagues. My goal for this year is to learn a lot at the Colorado Rapids (MLS) open tryouts and to make the varisty team at The School of Mines (NCAA div. II). In Five Years, I would love to have a chance to play in MLS or English Premier League.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 09 Jan 2006, 02:07

right now i play for my high school, and in five years i would like to play for a college, and after that, maybe play in A-league, but my real real dream is MLS or better.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

zico

Post by zico » 09 Jan 2006, 02:17

Right now im out of school and train with the national japan team under 16s. In 5 years time? Lol ill be like 20, so its wither i make it into the senior team, the under 21s, play for a J-League club or if i am that lucky, play for a european club? Asernal would be a dream, but yeh, what are the chances of that huh?

Or if i fail to make it big in football, then im probaly pretty much screwed?
Unless i join the Yakuza mafia or something? Lol just joking.

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Post by MickyD#9 » 09 Jan 2006, 02:28

I only just turned 15 and I might be playing U19's this year and U18's indoor but not sure yet. In 5 years I want to be either in the A-league over here in Australia or over in the EPL :) but i am doing really well at school...top classes in almost everything, so if soccer doesn't go my way...ill have my brains as back-up.

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

deano7

Post by deano7 » 09 Jan 2006, 16:50

My name is Chris and at the moment i am playing for Woodley Royals and Binfield allied counties u18's.

In 5 years time i want to be playing as proffesional , preferably in England but i wouldn't mind where.

This is gonna be depressing if i dont make it lol...

Note to self: Train as hard as you can, and never give up
Never Criticise your own ability.

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 09 Jan 2006, 18:09

Im Sputnik, 15

In five years i'll be 20, so hopefully in full time education. In that case the most i can hope for is to play n sum sort of amateur team, maybe for my university, but thats a maybe cos i value studies a lot. However i hope to carry on freestyle and be one of the best.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`