deano7's training and match diary

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Post by MickyD#9 » 15 Jan 2006, 00:41

You sound extremeley dedicated so im sure you will easily prove them wrong. Dont let it get you down, use your anger as energy.

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

deano7

Post by deano7 » 15 Jan 2006, 21:06

15th January

Lost 5-0 today and really the score doesnt tell how we played because it was such an even game it is just today we couldnt find the back of the net and there keeper was superb but luckily it was only the cup so we are still top of the league :D .

I thought i played quite well and i thought my fitness is good and i won alot of the balls and also i think interval training has realy helped my speed and also in the last 10 mins i was getting peed of with everyone missing the chances i put for them on a plate so my manager shouted just run with it and i was walking past 4 or 5 players before having to pass, so i feel really confident about how i can turn up the heat if we are losing and take on players now...

Tomorrow i got training and tuesday i got nothing so i am going to dedicate that day too shooting.

This log might seem boring but it will hotten up in a flash i promise you.. lol
Never Criticise your own ability.

prof_raza

Post by prof_raza » 21 Jan 2006, 09:49

Hey Chris

keep urself motivated as you are and keep working hard. success is 98% hard work and 2% luck
u r living the dream of many ppl like me who can only dream of playing professional football as a living.
just keep training urself out of ur comfort zones, and u ll keep on improving. the japanese call this as "kaizen".
all the best.
ur post is interesting read.

deano7

Post by deano7 » 21 Jan 2006, 16:21

I know i need to train out of the comfort zone it is just at the moment for the next 3 weeks i am playing 3 game a week! And i cant realy train too hard otherwise i will be so tired!

prof_raza

Post by prof_raza » 21 Jan 2006, 18:14

it might sound a bit wierd, but have you tried doing yoga? it really helps relax and strengthen ur muscles. the breathing techniques that it inculcates are also really good and you will certainly see an immediate effect. they make you feel revitalised.
let me know if you are not able to get anything on yoga on the net.
ciao

deano7

Post by deano7 » 22 Jan 2006, 21:13

Cheers for that i would like to try it, but where on the net would i find it for beginners do u have any manuals?

prof_raza

Post by prof_raza » 23 Jan 2006, 05:14

Sorry, got no manuals. But go through the following websites. I ususally go through the first two, they are really helpful.

http://www.yogabasics.com/asana/
http://www.holistic-online.com/Yoga/hol_yoga_home.htm
http://www.hathayogalesson.com/

In the first site you get to not only see the postures, but they also have a small write up on the posture and which part of the body it targets.

Let us know how ur 3 matches went.

Ciao

deano7

Post by deano7 » 26 Jan 2006, 18:35

Urgent problem

I really want to train, but on Sunday i had two games that both went into extra time and i had to be carried off cause of cramp in my hamstring, and i had a game tuesday as well and now i want to train but i still got tightness in my hamstring, should i train or should i rest?

lunatic
Sophomore Member

Post by lunatic » 26 Jan 2006, 19:05

You could always try. Sometimes when my muscles feel heavy or painful the feeling disappears after warming-up or after playing for a while. Of course you should be careful that you don't get injured, but I dont think that it will hapen.

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 26 Jan 2006, 19:28

id say no. until saturday. i know you want to train, but it will do you no help if you reinjure yourself. the potential losses outweigh the benefits... and the chances are youd be limited as to what you can train anyway. on saturday train, but no excessively. you should be fit and ready for the sunday match.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

deano7

Post by deano7 » 26 Jan 2006, 20:38

Thanks alot for the help i might go for just a light jog on saturday to get my muscles going...

Thanks alot guys

prof_raza

Post by prof_raza » 26 Jan 2006, 20:44

If ur hamstring still hurts after the jog, try to just stroll or walk for about an hour (maybe in the park). Then come back home and sit in a hot tub.
That's what I usually do on Saturdays (we play games on Friday evening)

deano7

Post by deano7 » 27 Jan 2006, 19:53

27th January

I couldnt take it anymore not training was killing me, personal training has become so addictive i had to take my self out for a 15minute jog and i did some press ups, sit ups and bicep curls to cap it off, my leg is hurting abit but i keep stretching it and now i will just rest to sunday.

All my team mates on saturday night at going to a party and getting drunk, which really annoys me because i want to win and they dont!! They just want to get drunk!

Does anyone else ever experience annoying team mates!

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Post by XstaticX » 29 Jan 2006, 03:02

Yeah, actually all of my dorm mate are drinkers. You just gotta hang in there, I know sometimes I'll let myself drink, but that's like one night every month. It's actually not that bad because you feel cleaned during your hangover and you reevaluate your goals and whatnot. But there are other healthier ways to relax. Find something you love outside of football. There is such thing as too much training, you just have to strike the balance.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 29 Jan 2006, 05:44

i can relate to teammates wanting to go get drunk instead of rest for a game. my high school team was REALLY good last year. we ended up making quarterfinals for southwestern pa, but we could have gone to state if my team had cared at all about their bodies. it's like they don't care about winning. they just want to go out and drink, whether they have a game or not, and it ruins it for people like me who are serious about playing
Hala Galacticos