deano7's training and match diary

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
deano7

knees abit stif but ok, yesterday i went for a 25 min jog at a high intensity and that was about it really, today i didnt really do anything which im quite disappointed with but i was going to see Reading play, so that was cool.

Im hoping tomorrow i can go play footie with my m8s depending on if they want to if not ill do some practice by myself. also tuesday is my last game of the year so im hoping for a good performance so im trying to prepare for it well...

hope everyone is doing well chat to ya soon.
Never Criticise your own ability.

deano7

Yesterday we had training and we did some saq training which was like going thruough ladders in and out of cones etc, then we did a crossing game which is basically 10v10 on a small pitch with player out wide who you pass to and they cross it in... and to be honest i was pretty terrible but now we have finished for christmas so im going to rest over this time and hope that it will give me a new leash of life when i return.

I havent had a decent rest in a long time i have days here and there off but i dont think that is enough so im going to take 5-7 days off before i return to my own training during this time i am going to have some fun and pamper myself :P lol

deano7

went for a jog on christmas eve legs were really tight and horrible so i only went for 20 mins then went home did some press ups sit ups and squats then went out for a cycle for 15 mins, when running it was so difficult lol im guessing this is because i havent done much for bout 5 days.

Anyways merry christmas to u all!

deano7

Hello everyone it has nearly been a whole year since i first made my progress log and i am going to look on the year that has just passed(too quick).

This was my info when i first started.

Name: Chris Dean
Clubs: Woodley Royals u16's and Binfield Allied Counties u18's.
Positions: Centre Midfield, Centre, Left and Right back.
Dream: One day to be a proffesional footballer
Targets: To get faster, fitter, stronger and better.

Since then I had a good season with Woodley Royals finishing 3rd in the league and scoring 11 from 24 games from central midfield and winning player of the year. Also winning a few 5 a side tournaments. However i left woodley royals at the end of the 2006/07 season.

At Binfield the allied counties finished 2nd in the league missing out by a point. which was really unlucky and i managed to get my self a regular place in the reserves and then i played a few games for the first team towards the end of 2006/07. I was also the youngest ever player for the binfield first team which is good.

IN 2006 i had a number of trials with clubs the first was Walsall where i thought i was going to get an offer because i did well but i didnt and still dnt no why however i soon had another trial with Woking under 18;s whose first team are in the England Conference and i managed to be succesful in that trial but i also had an offer from Kettering fc but i took the place at Woking.

Joining Woking ment i had to leave all my other football clubs to purely concentrate on them which i did and i would say that i have done O.K so far at Woking there have been alot of highs and lows but i am getting better all the time mentally and physically. So i am now a football aprentice and i am still dreaming of being a pro footballer and i am trying the best i can. Also i managed to make the first 11 for the under 18's Fa youth cup team and i was one of the only under 17's in the squad which was good

Training

IN 2006 i mainly focused on gaining fitness because i had never been fit before and my speed had increased alot since getting fitter. I wanted to get stronger but i am still only 16 so i didnt wanna do to much but i am working on it very hard now and am getting stronger everyday.

I have worked hard on my right foot and its getting really good which i am happy with and alot of my technique is good. However my technique and ball striking isnt amazing so i know i must continue to work on it.

Position

I have now moved from playing centre midfield to a left midfielder which i have never played in my life so i am learning more about that position everyday and i do wellthere but i no i will get better with experience.

Stats at beginning of 2007

Name: Chris Dean
Height: 5ft 11 maybe 6ft
Weight: 12 stone 4 pounds
Position: Left Mid, Left Defence.
Clubs: Woking Academy
Max Bench press in 2006: 67kg
Bleep test score: 11:10
Boots- Pred Pulse blades, Pred Absolutes moulds
Goals- 16

*might update if i can think of more.

Aims for 2007

1- To work hard everytime we train
2- To make the starting 11 for the 2007/08 season Fa youth cup
3- Best under18's player.
4- Lose some body fat get my % around 12%
5- Practice technique and ball striker more regulary
6- Win more headers, connnect with ball better when heading
7- Eat Better
8- Finish 2006-07 season strongly
9- Work hard in 2007-08 pre season.

Howard

Good luck for 2007.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Yes, you are well on your way. Post an update when you can.

deano7

hi hope everyone is ok...

Im going to start writing weekly updates again when i start my personal preseason in about 2 weeks time.

So i hope everyone enjoys and also it would be very nice to get some feedback. I will post up my aims and other stuff soon

Thank you all deano7

deano7

hey everyone i have started my first day of my pre season today....

seeing i have had 4 weeks off with lil injuries and stuff i wanted to take it easy so this is what im doing for the next week:

Today: 20 min jog- done
Monday: Upper body weights, eg benchpress, upward row etc.
Tuesday: 22 min jog + Abs workout
Wednesday: 20 minutes on a stepper(machine in gym to work ur legs)
Thursday: Upper body weights again same as monday
Friday: 25 min jog
Saturday: Rest.

Im only starting of really slowly because my pre season with my club does not start till the end of july so im just trying to get a head start. Also all my jogs will be with no help such as listening to music and stuff to i can get mentally tougher too. And the week after i will start doing lower body weights too...

Also i have a question to ask... Does anyone know how to not think about negative things such as injury, not suceeding etc because sometimes i get worried about my future or i get worried about getting injured. i think negative thoughtsway to much!

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

I'm assuming you're having this problem during matches and games. Just remind yourself that there will be no future for you without practicing and matches, and most injuries you will recover from. You can't let negative thoughts hold you back.

deano7

na i get the injury thoughts quite often im to much of a thinker and to much of a worrier lol