deano7's training and match diary

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
Ronaldinho10

Nah I didn't watch it in the end. Saw about 5 mins at beginning though. Had other stuff to do.
That's cool about the guy from the academy. By the way , are Woking full time at first team and Under 19/18 level?
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

deano7

Yer they are full time. Today i did some interval running which was jog widths of pitch and 1/2 pace on lengths for 17 mins, jog widths and 3/4 lengths for 15 mins and jog lengths and sprint widths for 13.

Anyone else have any decent drills for fitness i want to become alot more fitter? And seeing half term is coming off where i get a week of college i will have a week of free afternoons to do some fitness so any suggestions are welcome.

Chris
Never Criticise your own ability.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

You are doing football full time so you couldn't join track. I am training for the 400 and 800 meter events on my university's track and field team. We run 6 days a week, at the beginning we did 3 a week to ease into it and now 6 days a week doesn't seem that bad now that we are used to it. On a typical day, we do intense stretching 800m warmup jog, some drills like high knees and form running (in my opinion these have helped me improve the most). On Mondays and Wednesdays we do a difficult run, like running up a mountain trail (Colorado here has lots of mountains) for 25 minutes and running back down it. On tuesdays thursdays and fridays the exercises we do are circuit training, like we run around a 400m track and we will sprint for 60 seconds jog for 30, pushups for 30, jog for 30, jumping jacks for 30, jog for 30, situps for 30, jog for thirty, sprint for 30 and that would be one circuit complete. We did three of these one day with some rest in between and it was really difficult. We do weights three days a week after some of our practices.

In indoor, one month ago, I used to sub in and out 3 times per half. Now, I only do once a game and that's because my team doesn't come back on defense so I have to play offensive mid and fullback. There's a ton of stuff you can do for fitness, I run track so I'm going to have lots of endurance because that's all I do is run. You gotta enjoy running too, when I play indoor I reap the rewards because I'm much quicker and more flexible and less fatigued so I can still do my lightning quick moves at the same speed even after running a lot.

A-man147

is this you by any chance Deano?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff6j-YTgOFI
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

deano7

yer lol thats from a few years bak tho lol silly mates lol... good spot

deano7

hello everyone hope all is going well im just gonna ask a quick question..

Does anyone have any advice on growing pains and how to like make them less painfal because sometimes i find it hard to train to my maximum its so annoying or do i just put up with it?

Cheers

Ronaldinho10

deano7 wrote:hello everyone hope all is going well im just gonna ask a quick question..

Does anyone have any advice on growing pains and how to like make them less painfal because sometimes i find it hard to train to my maximum its so annoying or do i just put up with it?

Cheers
My advice would be to stretch your muscles. Make them as flexible a spossible and therfore make them more able to cope with the strain of growing pains. Ice baths may help aswell if growing pains are causing inflammation in the knee area or any joints , ankle etc.
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

deano7

is it normal for a 16 year old to get them tho?

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Yeah I think it is because you have a couple of growth spurts throughout adolescence. Not 100% sure but I think we get 2 or 3. Some people get them earlier than others and yeah i think its normal for a 16 year old to have growing pains because you go through alot of change.

deano7

hello everyone hope ur all doing well. Since i last chatted to u i managed to get in the starting 11 for the fa youth cup 1st round proper which is a great achievement and shows hard work pays off in training and matches.

But the prob is i didnt do as well as i cud of but i have learnt alot from it.

I have a few problems now tho: firstly for some reason i always feel so tired and never really energetic shud i take a few days rest or what i duno what to do? Also i have had this cold for a week or two which jsut will not go away makes me cough alot and find it hard to train to maximum, i suggest dont train on colds! lol its hard especially fitness sessions.

And finally can someone help me with this. http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7087

Cheers all!

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Congratulations on making the starting 11, that is an awesome achievement mate!!
My scope on your problems is that you should take a one day rest... This should probably supply you with some more energy to be able to be at top. And also I'm wondering if they have this stuff called "Emergen-c" over there. If they do drink it, it is a little pouch with powder in it and you add it with water and it has lots of vitamins, and has helped me get through colds. If not try to find some kind of drink that has lots of vitamins, or try getting some daily supplamentery vitamins. They should help too. I had this same cough and everything for a few weeks, and then one day all of the sudden I was sick and couldn't even get out of bed, and I had to stay in bed for two days. So definitely take a day off and just try to get lots of vitamins and sleep and stay healthy. Hope that helps. As for the left mid question, cant really help you there, sorry. Hopefully someone else can.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Hey good job on making the starting 11. That is quite an achievement and now that you have established yourself as a starter, you can work your way to being the best on the team. Congrats and I usually don't get sick during season, see if you're getting enough nutrients and rest. I had a tablet dissolved in water called AIR-BORNE, that knocked out a cold within 1 night.

deano7

hello all, since my last post i have finally lost my cold lol...

in the fa youth cup we got to the second round and lost 1-0 to exeter and if we wud of won we wud have got newcastle at home!! which is a real shame and pretty gutted about. however i am still availible for next year which is good.

apart from that things have been going ok, ive had few knocks here and there but not to many injuries. however in training i havent been playng well consistently which is really annoying because i know i can do so much better. In matches i have been playing ok but not setting the world alight. so i have been trying to work hard to solve this and become a better and more consistent player. my gym membership has also run out which is well annoying but its being renewed within the next week or so which is good so i can do some propa weight training.

just wanted a few opinions on this question please

what do you think is more important for a 16 year old to practice? technique or physical stuff?

cheers deano...

prof_raza

I would suggest you focus more on improving your technique.

As you get older, it gets tougher to learn new tricks :lol:

Jokes apart, you can concentrate more on physical build when you are 18-19.

But for the time being, work on your technique.

All the best!

deano7

went out yesterday to practice some dribbling, cryuff turns, step overs etc and when i was doing a step over i must of swung my leg to hard or summi cause i got a sharpe pain in my knee. now when i change direction it hurts a little so im really annoyed and i badly wanna go out and trainbut i gotta rest! well annoyed im icing and resting it at the mo.