Best movie of all time

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
Post Reply
Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post by Hugh » 19 Jan 2008, 23:06

Gonna bring up this old topic again because I have a new movie to add to my top 4, so now my top 5 would be:

1) Gladiator
2) The Lord of the Rings trilogy
3) Bridge to Terabithia
4) Dead poet's society
5) Pirates of the Carribean: Black Pearl

If you haven't seen Bridge to Terabithia yet I highly recommend it, just watched it and it was brilliant, along with any of the other movies on this list that you guys haven't seen yet.

Francis8
Veteran Member
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 May 2007, 19:29

Post by Francis8 » 19 Jan 2008, 23:14

hugh, have u seen pans labyrinth? amazing film, my favorite actually.

and if ur looking for gay pointless laughs at 2 in the morning, watch reno 911 miami :lol:

but pans labyrinth is fantastic
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post by 2brown347 » 19 Jan 2008, 23:15

1) Pan's Labyrinth
2) V for Vendetta
3) Star wars 1-6
4) shaun of the dead
5) house of flying daggers/ hero/ shalion soccer( can't decide)

I highly recommed Pan's Labyrinth, there are some sick parts in it (like a guy getting his face smashed in, sortof stuff), but if you don't mind violence or reading subtitles then you will probably enjoy it.

holy crap Francis8 you posted well I was writing this, obviouslly this is a sign from FSM that Hugh must watch Pan's Labyrinth.

Francis8
Veteran Member
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 May 2007, 19:29

Post by Francis8 » 19 Jan 2008, 23:22

2brown347 wrote:1) Pan's Labyrinth
2) V for Vendetta
3) Star wars 1-6
4) shaun of the dead
5) house of flying daggers/ hero/ shalion soccer( can't decide)

I highly recommed Pan's Labyrinth, there are some sick parts in it (like a guy getting his face smashed in, sortof stuff), but if you don't mind violence or reading subtitles then you will probably enjoy it.

holy crap Francis8 you posted well I was writing this, obviouslly this is a sign from FSM that Hugh must watch Pan's Labyrinth.
yea its a must really. that movie is great but hey, don't give away all the violent scenes! I liked it cause it was different from any other movie I had ever seen before, the plot is just weird, you can't really compare it to any other movie which is what makes it so good. and the ending is great too.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post by Rome_Leader » 19 Jan 2008, 23:32

Of all the movies I've seen...

5 point list.

1) Goodfellas
2) Citizen Kane
3) The Italian Job
4) A Clockwork Orange
5) Bend it Like Beckham ( ;\ )

SERIOUS 5) *surprise choice* White Heat

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post by 2brown347 » 19 Jan 2008, 23:41

Francis8 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:1) Pan's Labyrinth
2) V for Vendetta
3) Star wars 1-6
4) shaun of the dead
5) house of flying daggers/ hero/ shalion soccer( can't decide)

I highly recommed Pan's Labyrinth, there are some sick parts in it (like a guy getting his face smashed in, sortof stuff), but if you don't mind violence or reading subtitles then you will probably enjoy it.

holy crap Francis8 you posted well I was writing this, obviouslly this is a sign from FSM that Hugh must watch Pan's Labyrinth.
yea its a must really. that movie is great but hey, don't give away all the violent scenes! I liked it cause it was different from any other movie I had ever seen before, the plot is just weird, you can't really compare it to any other movie which is what makes it so good. and the ending is great too.
Ya, there some movie out right now directed by the same guy but I don't know what it is, I hope it's half as good, because half as good would still be a amazing movie

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member
Posts: 362
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:14

Post by fr33k1ck » 19 Jan 2008, 23:50

1. Pan's Labyrinth
2. Prince of Egypt(No Homo)
3.Bridge to Terrabithia
4.Pirates of the Carribean Black Pearl
5. Donnie Darko

BGbeast23
Veteran Member
Posts: 2774
Joined: 14 Oct 2007, 21:31

Post by BGbeast23 » 19 Jan 2008, 23:53

I'm a hardcore "Italian-actored" movie fan, so here's mine:
1)The Godfather
2)Goodfellas
3)Scarface
4)A Bronx Tale
5)Raging Bull
Honorable Mentions: The Untouchables, Taxi Driver, Analyze This, Mean Streets, Godfather Pt. II & III
Last edited by BGbeast23 on 20 Jan 2008, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post by Rome_Leader » 19 Jan 2008, 23:57

fr33k1ck wrote:1. Pan's Labyrinth
2. Prince of Egypt(No Homo)
3.Bridge to Terrabithia
4.Pirates of the Carribean Black Pearl
5. Donnie Darko
Oh right, Donnie Darko takes my sixth spot.

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post by Davidson9 » 20 Jan 2008, 00:11

1) Bridge to Terabithia

2) The Reaping

3) At World's End

4) I am Legend

Cant think of one just now for 5

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member
Posts: 935
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 06:45

Post by Had2bHarry » 20 Jan 2008, 00:24

i dont watch too many movies... im more of a book person but anyway
1. Shes the man
2. Stick it
3. High school musical
4. Bend it like beckham
5. Pirates of the carribean trilogy
Image
Sig by me

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post by Rome_Leader » 20 Jan 2008, 00:26

Had2bHarry wrote:i dont watch too many movies... im more of a book person but anyway
1. Shes the man
2. Stick it
3. High school musical
4. Bend it like beckham
5. Pirates of the carribean trilogy
Woman, right? Those are foolish woman choices. :P

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member
Posts: 935
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 06:45

Post by Had2bHarry » 20 Jan 2008, 00:52

Rome_Leader wrote:
Had2bHarry wrote:i dont watch too many movies... im more of a book person but anyway
1. Shes the man
2. Stick it
3. High school musical
4. Bend it like beckham
5. Pirates of the carribean trilogy
Woman, right? Those are foolish woman choices. :P
yeah i know... they sound childish. my parents follow the ratings policy, anyway, im not allowed to watch any movie rated MA or higher or any movie they think is innappropriate.
Image
Sig by me

John_Bob
Veteran Member
Posts: 395
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 04:43

Post by John_Bob » 20 Jan 2008, 01:01

Ok heres my top 3

1. Billy Madison
2. Silent Hill
3. American History X

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 2957
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA

Post by Croatianblood1 » 20 Jan 2008, 01:39

My favorite movie of all time has to be Pulp Fiction.

Some other movies I like are Se7en, Reservoir Dogs, The Departed, Taxi Driver, Sin City, Blood Diamond, Children of Men, 300. All are great movies.
Image

Post Reply