Huzzah!

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
Destin
Sophomore Member

Hello everyone!

This is a great site here, though the football thing through me off at first ^_^ (called Soccer over here in the US, of course). Anyhow, suppose I should do the whole introduction thing? Well, my name is Matt (though call me Destin, it's catchy. Or something), and I just recently took up soccer again! That's kinda bad at 17, since I love the sport. Anyone here of a 17 year old starting and becoming pro? If not, I've got some work to do.

So, I started when I was like, 5 or 6, and totally loved it...but then a few years later my brother told me it was a sport for girls, so I stopped.

Fast forward to 9th grade, I stopped caring what my brother said, and started playing again. Moved to a new school, didn't really get to know the people well for the first two years, but then took it up my final Senior year! Which is this year! Woo!

Not really. Although I'm fast and got huge amounts of stamina (which is basically comprised of my will), I've definetly gotta work on the technique part of the game. So that's why I came here! Right now, I try to practice at least an hour (is that not enough? If so, lay it on me) a day outside of practice at school, trying to juggle and stuff. Funny thing is, that's only 2 days. I've got up to about 23 hits tops on the juggle, which isn't great from what I've heard. I also do the thing where you pass the ball back and forth from the inside of your feet for large amount of time, although I'm not too sure about that drill.

Wow. I just realized I typed way too much. So ya. I'm Destin. I really could have left it at just that, lol.

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

hey man welcome one thing though you should of never listen to your brother football ( soccer) isnt for girls its actually very physical anyway welcome

Destin
Sophomore Member

Well, actually it is for girls. And guys. And shemales, but not sure if they have a league for them. Sorry, couldn't resist that last bit.

Anyways, I've learned if you love something, doesn't matter what people say about it. Even your jerk brother >_>.

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

right................. :roll:

prtglsoccerfan22

since no one answered ur questions...lol. it probably will be hard for you to do well if your just coming back to soccer. those teenage years are precious because thats when you start building your own technique and style of play. you learn your own strengths and weaknesses and work on them to improve them. 1 hr outside of school is not that bad, depending on what you work on in practice. i would usually spend about 2 1/2 hrs a day juggling, doing toe touches and foundations. i work on not looking at the ball the whole time and doing other stuff while practicing soccer. this will get you a better feel for the ball and make you more comfortable with the ball. just keep practicing and good luck man.
-Marcus-

Destin
Sophomore Member

Hey, thanks a lot man. By the way, what's the proper way to do a toe touch? That's when you are just using your feet and knock it in the air, right >_>? I noticed after those two days, I can do them better, but not sure if I'm doing it right. I kinda have my toes pointed up, and raise my leg with my knee slightly bent to do them.

On a side note, will juggling help my game? I sure hope so, or all of it is for nothing ^_^ '.

mrbeankid22

Welcome to the forums. Ask the question about the toe touch in the Skills section so more people will be able to find it and respond. Cheers mate.

Destin
Sophomore Member

Done.

By the way, thank you to everyone who has welcomed me so far. Glad this place isn't as cut-throat as most other forums >_>.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Lmao. huzzah thats great.
welcome mate

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums man!!!

Magicfeet

Welcome to Expert Football! You will probably learn a lot here... I certainly have.

Nice avatar, by the way.

Destin
Sophomore Member

Bwhaha, thanks a lot.

Anyways, Expert's videos have already helped me a lot. I'm trying to do those drills.

He makes it look so dang easy >_>.