What Have You Been Up to Since EF Went Down?

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

What Have You Been Up to Since EF Went Down?

Post by Rome_Leader » 10 Dec 2012, 12:49

Greetings, friends! Welcome back to the best futbol site on the net!

Just wanting to catch up with you guys and see if anyone's been up to anything interesting in the time EF has been down. I can't quite recall how long it's been, but it must be a couple years or more since we last were able to post in these hallowed halls, so I sure hope you've been living your lives and (most importantly) playing tons of football instead of sobbing gently at your PC praying for the site to return!

I'll start! When the site closed, I was in the final year of my computer engineering undergraduate degree, and I'm happy to say, those days are now behind me! I'm a busy, productive member of the world now, but, would you believe, so far I have exponentially more free time than I ever did as a student. :p Less stress too, it's so wonderful!

When the site closed, I was also captain of my semi-pro club side, and I continue in that capacity! Seen a lot of faces come and go, and we've won one title since then as well! Glory, glory, St. Lawrence Laurentians!

Some sad news to pass on as well, but some decent follow up news! My GF of 10 years decided to call it quits around about the time EF shut down (conspiracy!), and I took it pretty hard. Thought we were set to get married and all that. But a scant few days before EF came back, I have started dating again! So I rather think the lesson is that EF is intrinsicly tied to our emotional happiness, and we owe our success and good fortune to expert himself!

Finally, I've seen the coming and going of approixmately 52 Chelsea managers in that span! It's true what they say... Someday, we'll all be within 10 feet of one at all times!

But enough about me! Let's hear your life tales!

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

expert
Site Admin

Re: What Have You Been Up to Since EF Went Down?

Post by expert » 10 Dec 2012, 13:50

Sucks that your GF walked out. Sounds like things are turning up for you though, so I'm glad to hear that. :) Kinda amazing, watching you EF kids growing up over the years. :) Man, almost makes me teary-eyed.

So what have I been up to since EF went down? I've been making computer games... but most of the time living an ascetic lifestyle. Weird. Never really though my life would turn in this direction but I find myself living far away from civilization and spending a good amount of time exploring and seeking insight. It's been like this for a few years now. :)

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 10 Dec 2012, 14:11

We'll always have you to think for our continued development, Papa Expert! :p

Sounds really cool, expert! Don't know how you can manage life away from Civilization though... That always was one of my favourite computer games. ;/

All roads lead to Rome.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 10 Dec 2012, 14:18

Haha you guys crack me up, it is great to be back. I graduated from and university and obtained my B.A. in Psychology. I am planning on attending graduate school for Rehabilitation Counseling so I am looking forward to that.

As for football, I haven't really been as active as I used to. I feel old now lol since I have been working full time and just never have as much free time as I used to. I still make it a point to get to the gym at least 3/4 times a week though. I would like to play in another recreational league sometime soon but as for now I am just taking it easy.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 10 Dec 2012, 14:18

Yeah, I used to enjoy civilization too until barbarian wolves attacked my settler in 3000 BC which stifled my development for the next several millennia.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 10 Dec 2012, 14:28

Croatianblood1 wrote:Haha you guys crack me up, it is great to be back. I graduated from and university and obtained my B.A. in Psychology. I am planning on attending graduate school for Rehabilitation Counseling so I am looking forward to that.
Hey Croatianblood1! That's very impressive, man. I used to love psychology. What do you think about psychoanalysis? Also, if you are ever able to prescribe psychoactive drugs what would you recommend?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 10 Dec 2012, 14:38

Yeah, I never could work out why my culture was always the most daft on the planet. 2012, discovered gravity yesterday.

CB! I have missed you, man! Glad to hear everything is going so well! Psychology, eh? That's super interesting! I can only imagine the kind of stuff you do. Graduate school sounds like a marvelous ambition too, so best of luck with that!

expert! Stop angling for potent meds! :p

All roads lead to Rome.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 10 Dec 2012, 14:39

Well about the exact time EF went down i started my new full time job which im still in now at an oil refinery.

Been an interesting time for me had ups and downs.

Highs: Starting on a career path to richness, finally driving :D, made awesome new friends.

Lows: Losing my uncle and one of my closest friends :/, few Car crashes.

Basically just trying to live life to the max.
i was made to ignite

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 10 Dec 2012, 14:41

Sorry to hear, mint! We all struggle with death and loss from time to time, but dealing with it in a constructive way is important! Glad your life is going well since then and you're happy with your lot! Certainly make the most of your opportunities!

All roads lead to Rome.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 11 Dec 2012, 08:48

Sorry to hear Mint. Terrible news.

Ive continued to play football. Tore all my ligaments in my right foot last pre season and dislocated my knee this recent pre season. Bummer

Im now just turned 21. Was on this site when I was 13, so I finished Highschool, worked full time and have gone and quit Uni 3 times and now trying to make a break in the acting scene.

Pinpointed and battled anxiety which I feel I am concurring.

Watch and continue to love Liverpool and football.

Head out to some Western Sydney Wanderers games to watch the new A league team in Aus with Shinji Ono.

Lifes been a rollercoaster. Met too many people to count.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 11 Dec 2012, 11:21

Well, I am a producer for a morning sports talk show here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I wake up at 4am every morning, but I'm used to it now and It's a fun job.

I haven't had much free time though because I had been going to school fulltime as well. I just graduated on Saturday though so all I have to do is take my final exams and then I'm officially done. I plan on continuing to work at the station I do now until I find another radio gig but I'm pretty content with life at the moment.

Haven't been able to keep up with a lot of soccer in the recent months because of work and school but now hopefully that will change.

p.s. I don't know what happened to my avatar but I like the crutches.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 11 Dec 2012, 11:39

That's sort of unexpected, soccer11's going into showbiz!
Never pictured you as the next Bababouey but hey, it definitely sounds cool. :)

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 11 Dec 2012, 12:11

haha I've always wanted to work in sports talk radio so it's been great. I wish I was making Baba bouey's salary though . . .

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 11 Dec 2012, 13:49

Soccer11 man that's great to hear! and Mint I am sorry for you news... just keep on keeping on tho!

For me anyways, after high school i quit the game... 1 year later i transferred schools cause i missed it so much! went to a walk on tryout for a NAIA University and made it! and eventually worked my way up to a starting position!

Now I am just heavily into soccer again, i make FIFA goal montages for fun lol and just love talking about it again.

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 11 Dec 2012, 14:31

expert wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:Haha you guys crack me up, it is great to be back. I graduated from and university and obtained my B.A. in Psychology. I am planning on attending graduate school for Rehabilitation Counseling so I am looking forward to that.
Hey Croatianblood1! That's very impressive, man. I used to love psychology. What do you think about psychoanalysis? Also, if you are ever able to prescribe psychoactive drugs what would you recommend?
Thank you, old friend. Psychoanalysis is quite interesting actually although unfortunately I didn't learn too much about it since I studied mainly developmental psychology courses. I was originally interested in becoming a school counselor but unfortunately I did not have high enough grades for the school counseling program.

As for drugs, haha hopefully my grad school courses teach me about those. Studied a little bit of that in my Biopsychology course but not enough for me to form a solid opinion.