Where are they now 2008

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
expert
Site Admin

Where are they now 2008

Post by expert » 22 Feb 2008, 03:23

jdefoe
1.What have you been up to in real life?
School (studying), working, picking up chicks, and drinking beer
2.How is your soccer career going?
Oh, it's fine I just play competitively in the summer
3.Where do you see yourself in 1-5 years?
I see myself graduating university living away from my parents
4.Anything else you would like to say to the community?
Yeah, i'd like to say peace out to all the members who remember me. I have nothing against the forums, actually i really do like the forums, it's just that i'm not as passionate about soccer as i used to be, and the same questions keep getting asked. Anyways, i have a girlfriend now too so I spend a lot of time with her, and I don't play soccer to become pro anymore, just for fun.

aZn freestyler
starting uni. Studying commerce and majoring in international business
I never played soccer. im a freestyler. I have since done a few performances and met ppl including dan magness, mr.woo, nelson de kok, ruud bos and alain.
Probably working for some company in an office from 9-5 and freestyling during my lunch break.
keep the forums going :) its a great place to learn freestyle and meet other freestylers...its where i started ;)

soccerdynamite
I just been going to school and playing soccer.
My soccer career is going good I guess I been
playing for lots of teams from people that asked me.
In 1-5 years I see myself getting a scholarship to
college ;)
Well I missed Expertfootball alot because it was the first soccer forum I was on and I found out about freestylesoccer and ill probally get back onto the forum soon. So watch out for me!

owen4ever
ACAD - alberta college of art and design. first year studies and trying to decide whether to go into media arts or visual communications. also been playing futsal... doing some assistant coaching.... freestyle shows and performances.... camps and clinics.... as well as martial arts (hapkido, and submission wrestling) and playing piano and playing pool (9-ball).
been playing futsal with a team called "Foothills Battalion", a team comprised of a lot of the coaches from foothills (the team owen hargreaves used to play on back in canada). we're currently third in a league of about 10 teams.
i see myself figuring out what i wanna do in life.
i love you all... hugz n kisses!!! xoxo <3<3<3 ;)

iwannagopro
I've moved from California to the Netherlands... where I now live with my grandparents. This is only a temporary situation though, and I will move back in with my parents, as well as return to California, near the end of summer.
My soccer career is fine. I played high school soccer in a very small private school as a freshman this year, and I ended up starting as center midfielder, as well as the all-time captain. Good stuff. Now here in the Netherlands I am playing for D.V.O.V. dvov.nl which is fun as well. I've only been here for a while, and I'm still getting acclimated, so I'll see how things turn out. The cool thing is that my coach is giving me private lessons every week with his daughter as well, who is a good player. Oh yea and that is cool because my coach is an ex-pro player, he played for the Kansas City Comets (USA National Indoor Leage) as well as Vitesse Arnhem, who finished 5th last year in the Dutch First Division.
In 1-5 years I see myself back in California, playing for Berkeley University (they are D1) with a nice scholarship... I will be studying 3d animation and maybe a BS in computer science, as well as interning at Pixar Animation Studio.
I really have enjoyed the time that I spent on EF, great place, helped me learn a lot, awesome tool, I wouldn't be where I am right now if it wasn't for it. That is no lie. The only thing I could wish for is if the community started acting like one, instead of a bunch of racist 12 year olds using chatspeak... being nice can go a lot further, as well as benefiting all parties.

hugh
Still getting by in high school, almost done though, can drive now, have
almost the highest marks in my grade.
The team isn't doing so hot, but I'm top scorer right now, which is
pretty cool, so far I've scored with my feet, head, shoulder and chest. If
this trend continues I will soon be scoring with my nuts.
Studying physics at McGill, living on R'amen noodles and KD
Never take AP Calc. Allways make sure you know what you're drinking at a party.

Sputnik
Bunking school in preparation for university
Freestyle... is very hard
After uni, working somewhere, maybe educational psychology
Im right behind you. Check out Macc7uk on youtube. brap!

matt
Little of this, little of that....Still doing A levels, going OK. I'm doing a gap year next year, getting some work experience, crashing out at my friend's universities and doing a bit of travelling before going to uni myself. Thinking of doing Law or History, not sure where at the moment, it depends on my grades really.
Sadly I haven't climbed any more mountains in the last year.... but overall I'm enjoying myself, despite frequently being skint in my unemployed status. :|
Lol, wouldn't really call it a "career" as such.... But I'm still playing and having fun. I'm really enjoying watching the EPL at the moment, it's been a great year for United fans :) Arsenal are looking tasty as well so it's been very entertaining viewing. Ronaldo and Fabregas are the two best players in the world by some distance.
At uni by September 2009, cramming as much into the time I have until then :D
Magicfeet is a manipulative basta*d :P
Aslo, expert is a bloody genius and you should all be incredibly grateful. Do I still have my admin powers? Might tweak the site a bit......muahahaha. Belated Happy New Year as well!

Real_Zidane
I have quit my club and school team for various reasons and have joined up on the Cross Country team, where I compete in varsity races. Right now is track season and I'm running the 800m and 1600m races.
Every time I lace up my boots, I fall in love yet again with the beautiful game. Usually it's for pick up games with friends once a week. I go out to the soccer fields by my house occasionally too. So I probably play 3-4 times a week now. Nothing serious, just for fun.
I see myself running and majoring at a respectable college, I'm not sure where I want to go yet, but I'm hoping to get a scholarship for running next year, planning to work my butt off, so I'll keep EF posted on it if it happens. :)
Stay active on EF, make good posts, and you will be filling one of these out one day.
Oh, and someone needs to throw away rzads stinky socks he left in the off topic section. :P

peps
Going to school playing soccer, but i have the highest classes so unfortunately not much time for myself.
Soccer's going good, I'm improving and that's all that matters
Hopefully in a good collage playing, maybe i will move to England and study there. My dream is still to play pro but naturally that's a long shot
The community helped me allot maybe I will check in some time.

Hustler89
Unfortunately, I have not been able to post on EF as much as I would have liked due to demanding, relentless and continuous exams, which are essential for me obtaining a place in my desired University to read Economics and Politics. Apart from preparing presentations and completing homework however, I have been playing football recreationally.
I play football for my college team aswell as a recreational team, but I wouldn't describe it as a 'career' lol.
Firstly, after my exams, I certainly plan to start posting on EF and continue contact with the EF community.
5 years - Finish University and perhaps progress to further study, a PHD in economic development maybe?
I check the forums from time to time and am pleased to observe that the EF community is flourishing and the members (old and new) are as helpful as ever to one another. I'd like to tell expert to keep up the hard work in maintaining and managing the forum, whilst balancing other EF things, not compromising quality and service of course!