What is soccer to you?

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users

What is the most meaningful part of football/soccer?

Winning is everything, I will win at all costs!
11%
Being a great leader is all that counts
3%
Scoring goals is what I'm all about
5%
Keeping the game beautiful. This is the true meaning of football
39%
Giving the perfect through ball and making pinpoint passes are the most crucial part of the game
18%
The spectacular goal is always the best goal
5%
I'm a wall. Nobody gets past me.
5%
Winning isn't everything. The experience is what's important
6%
The game is only won with agility and pace.
2%
Other (Please Specify)
6%

Total votes: 62

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Lately, I've been wondering about why I like soccer. I've went around asking other people what their aim is when playing a game and I often get very creative answers. So I ask: What is soccer to you in games?

F_Torres
New User

Well, for me footballs is about winning, score good goals, play fine football and of course: Have fun with what you are doing!

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

For me soccer is not only the most beautiful sport, but it is also the only game that binds men and women so regularly, reguardless of race, creed, religion, language, or social class. Football is globalization.
sig by 2brown347

Evan
Veteran Member

Soccer to me is the best sport in the world. I love the thought of winning and scoring goals for my team...not to mention I love watching it as well.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Ic3

I don't know if this needed be a poll, mainly because I'm positive that people have many of those answers, not just one.

Me? Football is everything. Not in the sense that I can't live without it (I am very addicted, by the way) but in the sense that it encompasses everything.

Football is life; football is love. I'm mainly about the leadership and passing. That's my role on my team, but I am only one of a team. One is not more important than the other.

I simply can not describe the feeling I get when I play football. It is just an amazing feeling and I simply don't want to stop. If it were up to me, I'd be playing football all the time!

Football is pure joy.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

To me football is the greatest, nothing is better than football, and most of the world agrees. I think that keeping the game beautiful is most important, play in style is what i say, because that is why it is the worlds favorite pastime, its flair, no sport has skill and flair like football.

belija91
Veteran Member

football is what I know.. and what I love... Football is what I dream and what I breathe and I can't imagine my life without it. Since noone in the world knows the meaning of life, football is something that gives me meaning. It's the passion inside you that always burns, when all else seems to be fading..
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

I play football not only because I love it and have a deep, indescribable passion, but I also have this determination to prove everyone wrong and be true to developing my skills.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

For me football, is fun, incredibly fun, theres nothing as good as the adrenaline rush i get wen i make a tackle or score a goal, or make a good pass. I like to play the game quickly, but i also like to play it beaitiful, but beautiful to me does not mean stepovers/tricks etc. Im sorry to offend people but i think thats all bulshit.

Playing beautiful as a defender for me, is about not just hoofing the ball up field with my first touch, but looking to set up a goal. I always try to short pass if i can and if i cant short pass ill try to pass long to one of my teammates, i think its important for me as a defender to have a good touch/control and decent dribbling skills and passing is fundamental.

Football for me is also about 110%, i never give any less wen im playing a match, every run, tackle, header i go full in for, im energetic, i dont like to stop moving unless it is imperative for me to hold my position.

When i play a game, i always analyse my performance afterwards and try to improve on my mistakes. I try not to get too down wen i give a bad performance.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Pace and speed is what I'm about. Beat people and teams by beating them to balls. Never giving up on anything, and being the hero when I get an "impossible" ball or block. That's what my game is about.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

I play football as the art of tackling never fail to excite me. My team-mates all agree I tackle with confidence and calculation.

erick
Veteran Member

to me soccer is everything. its my life. tell me something more exciting then scoring a goal and making a whole community, country, and world stop and admire you. Also soccer teaches you life lesson and helps you become a leader. soccer is the best sport and it will remain this way.
[/quote]

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

erick wrote:to me soccer is everything. its my life. tell me something more exciting then scoring a goal and making a whole community, country, and world stop and admire you. Also soccer teaches you life lesson and helps you become a leader. soccer is the best sport and it will remain this way.
That is so true :D

In the words of Raul "Football is like life, no... Football is life"
sig by 2brown347

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Bah guys, I realize that I left out two options in my poll, one being soccer is for fun and the other one being soccer is all about speed. My bad guys.

keller8
Veteran Member

To me soccer is about playing the game and having fun
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."