Double Accounts

Learn what not to post
expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2401
Joined: 13 Sep 2004, 16:40

Post by expert » 31 May 2006, 04:20

J wrote:I think this thread did more bad than good.
Sorry, but I disagree with you there. This thread didn't do any harm at all. It was somebody else who vandalized the boards.

As a forum admin, I try to avoid public confrontation. But as a forum user, my posts should (ideally) never be censored (as long as they are not threats or direct provocations) There is a difference between harmful and offensive
haha well cant he still upload his video in the uploads section. He could upload it under a different nickname. Or is the ip logged too
Yes, it is. Plus, he already submitted something so I can easily find out which video belongs to him.

J
Admin
Posts: 1699
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by J » 31 May 2006, 04:27

expert wrote:
J wrote:I think this thread did more bad than good.
Sorry, but I disagree with you there. This thread didn't do any harm at all. It was somebody else who vandalized the boards.

As a forum admin, I try to avoid public confrontation. But as a forum user, my posts should (ideally) never be censored (as long as they are not threats or direct provocations) There is a difference between harmful and offensive
So are you saying "JDTRIXTA" had nothing to do with all those post I deleted today and I shouldn't have deleted them because they wern't "harmful"????

I don't quite understand what you are getting at??

expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2401
Joined: 13 Sep 2004, 16:40

Post by expert » 31 May 2006, 04:37

J wrote:are you saying "JDTRIXTA" had nothing to do with all those post I deleted today and I shouldn't have deleted them because they wern't "harmful"????
No, you are right. I was saying that Wiseman should not be held responsible just because he started this thread.

J
Admin
Posts: 1699
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by J » 31 May 2006, 04:46

Ok, I see what you getting at. I'm not holding Wiseman responsible at all for what happened today. I think he did some good work by figuring this all out. The only peron who should be held responsible is "JDTRIXTA".

When I said "this thread did more bad than good" I am just just saying what I really think the result of this thread is, that's all. I in no way mean this is Wisemans fault at all, I'm sure he didn't think this would happen if he made this thread.

If I had figured this all out like he did, I probably would have made a thread just like it.

Sputnik
Moderator
Posts: 1913
Joined: 02 Nov 2005, 21:47
Location: London, ENG

Post by Sputnik » 31 May 2006, 12:03

there is no way anyone can prove it wasnt his friend on his pc. but it does look a lot suspicious. i wasnt here for all this accounts/porn stuff, but im not so sure it was him, personally i dont see any harm in letting jd back on the site on a trial period, but watever, its up to the admins.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`
Image

Wiseman_philosopher
Moderator
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 10:05
Location: Bristol

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 31 May 2006, 12:27

Ok, let me get this straight.

Like Sputink, I became very suspicious of pomyboi as he was strangely posting from the same IP, and backing up virtually every single post of JDTRIXTA's. Therefore I used this as an example of using double accounts, as it was, and still is suspicious.

However, I am still confused about this porn stuff, as I haven't seen any on the site, and I was not aware that he was banned. Currently, I am starting to believe that it was just a friend on his computer, and that JDTRIXTA should be allowed back on.
BUT, these things are still suspicious:

1. They were posting from the same IP address.
2. They both live in Brisbane, Australia apparently. JDTRIXTA apparently 'told' his friend 'pomyboi' to register and to say he was from England, because England has good freestylers.
3. 'pomyboi' has posted 7 times, 5 of which conveniently backed up JDTRIXTA. This is very strange in itself.
4. As far as I know, within the forums JDTRIXTA and pomyboi have not made any indications that they know each other, yet they still claim to be close friends.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2401
Joined: 13 Sep 2004, 16:40

Post by expert » 31 May 2006, 14:25

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:However, I am still confused about this porn stuff, as I haven't seen any on the site
I removed a couple of posts myself.
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:, and I was not aware that he was banned. Currently, I am starting to believe that it was just a friend on his computer
If I am not mistaken, J banned a number of offending IPs one of which belonged to JDTRIXTA.

mrbeankid22
Moderator
Posts: 728
Joined: 26 Jul 2005, 02:28
Location: Dallas, TX US

Post by mrbeankid22 » 31 May 2006, 14:26

Logically thinking I would say the reason he made another account, or he told his friend to, is to back him up and make him look good. Therfore a moderator might rate his posts higher if they were dumb enough to believe what they were trying to do. Cause you know he only has one star. He might be trying to up his rep.

J
Admin
Posts: 1699
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post by J » 31 May 2006, 16:17

If I had not deleted any of it, almost every single section had been messed with. I was deleting the post as he was posting them pretty much, at the same time trying to ban them so they couldn't continue. I don't understand how they kept getting so many accounts with so many different IP adresses.

He (or who ever it was) was even talking crap about me inn some of the post because he knew I was online and deleting them right after he was posting them. I just didn't want to give him the satisfaction of completely messing with almost every section and forum on here, that's why I was delting them so quickly.

I didn't even know one the IP's belonged to "JDTRIXTA" because none of the post were under that username.

prtglsoccerfan22
Moderator
Posts: 344
Joined: 10 Aug 2005, 20:12
Location: USA

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 31 May 2006, 19:35

Well with all thats going on, i think this just goes to show that our moderators are very efficent and work well with their responsibilities. very good job everyone.

back to the subject though, i dont think that anyone that was originally banned should be let back on the site. not in the near future anyways.
also, i think we should write up a zero tolerance policy here, just to outline rules and procedures.
-Marcus-

jdefoe
Forum groupie
Posts: 854
Joined: 25 Sep 2004, 14:35
Location: Canada

Post by jdefoe » 31 May 2006, 19:57

wiseman, think you can track down Osama Bin Laden?

Wiseman_philosopher
Moderator
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 10:05
Location: Bristol

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 01 Jun 2006, 07:35

jdefoe wrote:wiseman, think you can track down Osama Bin Laden?
Ok, I'll give it a shot!............




................(literally)
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post by Magicfeet » 02 Jun 2006, 11:00

I don't think we need to worry too much. If people are agreeing with their "other" personality, that's one thing. It's when they start arguing with themselves, thats the time to panic. :shock:

Having mutliple accounts isn't on at all. It's pointless, weird, and expert has every right to bananify the buggers.

Post Reply