Learn what not to post
jdefoe
Forum groupie

Hey EF users, before posting in skills, please note the following:

1) don't say that you are "talented"
2) don't say that you practice 5 hours a day
3) don't ask rhetorical questions

And there's a reason for this:

Assuming most players here want to go pro, there's no magic formula that says "practice 4 hours a day and you'll make it to the EPL"

Becoming pro takes much dedication, and tireless work. DON'Tpost unless you've been practicing for hours and you really can't get the technique down. Also, DO post training routines for others to critique, that would make your training much more efficient and would help you get to the next level.

Also, don't mention that you're talented because it means nothing. To become pro, you need heart. You can have all the talent in the world and a terrible attitude, and no will to train on your own, and you will make it nowhere. So, do mention that you have a good work ethic.

For example, after giving a poster good advice on how to train the left foot (i even wrote a routine for him) poster writes
that all sounds good (dont get me wrong i want to use a dang wall) its just the way my house is it like on the righ theres a giant hill and right at the bottom there is my house, on the other side of my house it's like a drop off. the front has gardens all around it, and the back has my dogs pen and windows.
Obviously, this user isn't dedicated enough, he's letting geography and whatnot interfere with him reaching his goal of improving the left foot. So, if you want to improve, you must be willing to do anything you can to improve.

Also, NEVER complain about the weather. Andrei Mostovoi, Paul Stalteri, Tomasz Radzinski, Lev Yashin... all these players grew up in very cold countries in the winter time, and found ways to train outside despite the weather and make it pro.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, but if you try to follow all the above, you will become a good player.

Happy Posting!

JDefoe

expert
Site Admin

One more thing. Please don't start topics titled "I need help" or "Quick question"
It makes it so much harder to navigate the forums and find relevant topics.