EPL Transfer gossip

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Hugh
Veteran Member

So as the Fox Soccer Report reporter reported (haha) "Now that the Champions league final is over we can turn our mind to what's really important: all the gossip in the papers about players moving to other clubs, which they of course deny, only for it to turn out to be true five days later."

So with that in mind, what juicy tidbits have you heard? Here's what I know:

Steve Sidwell apparently agreed to join Chelsea FC July 1st.
First thought: "Who?"

Eto'o has denied any knowledge of any kind of transfer to the EPL... Ya right...

Man United are also apparently interested in Owen Hargreaves along with Torres, Michael Owen and Berbatov... Once again, Ya right...

Sylvain Distin will Join Portsmouth after his Man City contract expires

Fabrice Muamba going from Arsenal to Birmingham

It may be too early to say what's going on in the EPL transfer window but keep your ears open and you might hear something interesting... Well, as interesting as the transfer windows can be, at least...

ratherton
Veteran Member

Sidwell and Hargreaves transfers are as good as done.

Sidwell was a free agent and Hargreaves will cost about £17m.

Spurs are also looking to buy Southampton left back, Gareth Bale and some other bloke I've never heard of for about £15m.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Yeah Manchester United was after that left back and were doing good progress in the talks, but Tottenham pinched him from under our nose.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I definitely think Man Utd will really add something with Hargreaves. He is one of my favourites.

Hugh
Veteran Member

New news, for me at least, Rafa Benitez recently said he wanted 100m USD for transfers (50 million pounds) saying that Manchester United finished 21 points ahead of liverpool because they will pay 17 million for a midfielder (hargreaves) while Liverpool will only pay 9 for a striker.

Gonzales is set to leave and Zenden has been told he can talk freely with other clubs, Crag Bellamy is on the unwanted list while Fowler and Dudek are not having their contracts renewed.

Baptista is going back to spain

That's about all I know at the moment, but Benitez says he'll be doing a massive overhaul of his side, my opinion is that he only needs a couple good wingers.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Portsmouth have signed Sully Muntari from Udinese.

Everton want to sign Phil jagielka from Sheffield United.

Liverpool want to buy Simao from Benfica, with a possible swap deal with Djibril Cisse.

Nigel Reo-Coker wants to leave West Ham and hes being linked with Tottenham, Arsenal, Aston Villa and some other clubs.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Well, Man Utd have made a deal with both FC Porto and Sporting Lisbon for players Anderson and Nani. Anderson is a young Brazilian CAM and was the best player of the U17 World Cup in 2005. They both seem like good additions. There is also talk of Man Utd signing a big name striker. Anyone think this will happen? If so, who will they go after?

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

In doing this, Man U have covered for Scholes and Giggs imminent decline. However, these players will need time to settle into England, so Man U better hope that they get more for the same from their two legends. Another issue is Anderson's work permit. I know that Mark Gonzalez had to wait a year to be able to play in England, so that could happen with Man U. I do think that they could use a new right back to cover for Neville (no Richards, I am sure that he goes to Arsenal, but that's just my hunch), and a new striker to fill in for Solkjaer/Larsson/Ruud. I have heard Huntlaar rumors a lot, and he seems like a decent fit.
God damn brewery!!!

milanese
Veteran Member

Huntalaar's signed a new contract with Ajax. Nani and Anderson are massive signings though.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Wow Man United now looking strong for next season, if they could just buy a forward then theyll be fine. :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

powell
English Meister

milanese wrote:Huntalaar's signed a new contract with Ajax. Nani and Anderson are massive signings though.
Read the title 'EPL' not dutch.

West ham are closing on Scott parker from newcastle for about £7 million. They are also having to fight off late interest from spurs.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Well Owen Hargreaves has signed for Man Utd, man u have confirmed hell join them on the 1st July, good signing i think, preparing for Scholes's demise. Theyre building a very strong squad for next year.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Sounds like good signings from Man U. I'm glad they got Hargreaves; a good, hard working footballer and very respectable for not getting sent off once in his career yet. He should be a key part in Man U's play when Scholes is gone.

Viduka
Veteran Member

AWw talking about this, it will be sad the day Scholes and Giggs leave. Though hopefully the time it takes for the work permits to be done doesnt come too early incase, they feel they arent getting enough first team football and start to complain e.g. loads of Arsenal Youngsters Flamini and Rosicky. (Im not sure if their still complaing but they were before)

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

powell wrote:
milanese wrote:Huntalaar's signed a new contract with Ajax. Nani and Anderson are massive signings though.
Read the title 'EPL' not dutch.

West ham are closing on Scott parker from newcastle for about £7 million. They are also having to fight off late interest from spurs.
He was just pointing out that Huntalaar won't sign with Man U. for next year, and Nani and Anderson are good signings...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin