Goal of the Season

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

What do you think it will be?

I've been thinking all year that it would Van Persie's volley against Charlton, the one in my sig, the full video can be found here: snux.net/index.php?L=video.index&id=4

But now I think James Mcfadden might take it for his own brilliant volley against Charlton. Considering the circumstances and timing of the goal it's difficult to go against it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txWRKShn790

Poor Alan Pardew. You couldn't help but feel bad for him after Mcfadden's goal.

Saibomb
Veteran Member
Posts: 595
Joined: 19 Dec 2006, 23:46

Post

I don't know about the best one in the EPL but the best this season in europe is defiantly this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYpH4sB8emw

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 17:36

Post

Van Persie's looks like it would win from those 2.

I thought Messi's recent goal was better than Ronaldinho's, though.
Image

KPatel
Moderator
Posts: 1052
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 20:51

Post

Crouch's bicycle(s)?

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post

Image

mpcarres14
Veteran Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: 30 Mar 2005, 00:26
Location: Virginia, USA

Post

I think the fact that Crouch's goal can be plural makes it a non-factor. The goal of the season should be something that we will probably never see again. That is why I say Van Persie gets it. The surging run, the ridiculous leap, and the perfect strike are just things that will never be repeated. No contest in my opinion.
God damn brewery!!!

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post

Personally I think goal of the season goes to J.A. Riise, for that beautiful goal against PSV in the champs league, it was going straight towards the center, and it curved so much that it ended up in the corner. Most amazing goal I've seen all season... Oh wait, that wasn't in the EPL.

Well then, howabout that one C. Ronaldo scored against Europe XI on the free kick... Oh, wait, Europe XI....

Oh wait I've got it! The goal by Paul Robinson.

KPatel
Moderator
Posts: 1052
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 20:51

Post

mpcarres14 wrote:I think the fact that Crouch's goal can be plural makes it a non-factor. The goal of the season should be something that we will probably never see again. That is why I say Van Persie gets it. The surging run, the ridiculous leap, and the perfect strike are just things that will never be repeated. No contest in my opinion.
That's because you're a gooner.

:arrow: Anyway, Crouch's goal was against Bolton the other against Galatasary. So only one of them is in the EPL. :wink:

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

Matt Taylor could have his own Goal of the Season contest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb5duoSL5ZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gllBFgorcoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOrxvAReRJE

And this isn't bad with his 'other' foot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c_E8WEoJ38

The first one against Everton should win it

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post

Simlar to the van persie goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDURJj6v8vY
I think the fact that Crouch's goal can be plural makes it a non-factor. The goal of the season should be something that we will probably never see again. That is why I say Van Persie gets it. The surging run, the ridiculous leap, and the perfect strike are just things that will never be repeated. No contest in my opinion.
Well since you think goal of the season should be something we will proabley never see again, then ehy not something like alonso vs newcastle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMXKKUwS5Q or one of matty talyors fine goals since what other player have you seen do this.

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

powell wrote:Simlar to the van persie goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDURJj6v8vY
My friend who is from Liverpool is convinced that goal is every bit as good as Van Persie's, but really it doesn't compare. Van Persie sprinted a long long way to just barely catch up to the ball in time, he struck it from farther out, and hit it on his laces with loads of power. He was also higher up in the air when he hit the ball. Gerrard really 'directed' the ball towards goal with the inside of his foot. Plus, it always looks better when you let a volley run across your body before striking it. I'm not saying that Gerrard's wasn't a sick goal though.
powell wrote:Well since you think goal of the season should be something we will proabley never see again, then ehy not something like alonso vs newcastle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMXKKUwS5Q
Keepers make mistakes all the time. Had the goalie not slipped he would've saved it very comfortably, so I don't think that goal rates among the best half field shots ever, or even the goals of the season.

Taylor's against Everton was fantastic, can't believe I originally forgot about it!

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

Taylor should definitely win it for that goal against Everton.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post

KPatel wrote:
mpcarres14 wrote:I think the fact that Crouch's goal can be plural makes it a non-factor. The goal of the season should be something that we will probably never see again. That is why I say Van Persie gets it. The surging run, the ridiculous leap, and the perfect strike are just things that will never be repeated. No contest in my opinion.
That's because you're a gooner.

:arrow: Anyway, Crouch's goal was against Bolton the other against Galatasary. So only one of them is in the EPL. :wink:
Oh yeah. Thanks, I guess I just missed that. :?

I agree that van Persie's was very nice, but I still like Crouchs.
Image

Saibomb
Veteran Member
Posts: 595
Joined: 19 Dec 2006, 23:46

Post

ratherton wrote:Taylor should definitely win it for that goal against Everton.
Agreed. I forgot about it, thanks for reminding us. That was defiantly the best in the EPL this season.

KPatel
Moderator
Posts: 1052
Joined: 15 Jul 2006, 20:51

Post


Post Reply