Larsson to join Man Utd on loan

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 07 Dec 2006, 22:05

iwannagopro wrote:
ratherton wrote:
gunnerz23 wrote:clubs (especially chelsea) are filthy rich. They r ruthless and will do or pay woteva it takes to get a player they need or want. Its pretty sad wen u think of all the pov kids but u gotta love it.
Gotta love it ??

I hate all the money in the game. It's turning the sport into a joke. There is little or no chance of teams breaking the monopolies in any of the major leagues. Serie A was probably the most open or so it seemed until the had to deduct points and relegate all the top clubs apart from Inter. All the major leagues are the same:

England: 2 horse race in November
Scotland: May as well give it to Celtic now
France: May as well give it to Lyon now

Other leagues see the usual suspects near the top.

The selfish w*****s of the G14 are in the process of trying to destroy international football.

Blatter is a clown and now wants us the European Leagues to switch to play in the summer. For the good of the game, he has to be removed from power when the FIFA elections come round next year.

Back in England, I've seen my club virtually bankrupt itself trying to compete in the Premier Leage and Ipswich are the only ones; Bradford, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United as well as teams like Huddersfield who never even made it to the Premier League

And what do we get for the money. Loads of over-paid and usually over-rated foreign mercenaries who kiss the badge then jump ship when it suits them.
For all of these reasons, this is why I find the Eridivisie and the Bundesliga the most interesting leagues to watch. Most of the time you can never really be sure who will win. Of course there are the bigger clubs who usually win the league, but evey once in a while there is that shocker, and each game is very unpredictable. Respect.
The Eredivisie has been between Ajax and PSV for the past 10 years. I remember PSV letting in less then double digits in a season :\ And this is coming from a Feyenoord fan. I do note however that this year it seems little more interesting then last year when every league was decided already in December.

Italy - Juve
England - Chelsea (who at one point were what? 15 points clear?)
Spain - Barcelona
France - Lyon (obvious reasons)
Scotland - Celtic
Germany - Bayern

I agree with ratherton, i think football is over-commercializing. Players releasing autobiographies at an age younger then 23? Players (*cough* Clint Dempsey) releasing rap video's ( :shock: ) and players suddenly getting hailed as Gods in Asia? (*cough* Beckham *cough*)

I wonder how many will quit if all of a sudden FIFA banned players from getting any salary

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 07 Dec 2006, 23:53

As U can see, players will wanna break into the Asian commercial market as they know that they can have the best endorsement deals around. Well, just look at Becks getting millions promoting Japan's chocolate 'Meiji'.

Clubs are now said to try exploiting China as the biggest commercial income. All they need to do is just set up an academy and people will pay the sum for their kids to enter.

tomsta911

Post by tomsta911 » 14 Dec 2006, 21:07

larsson should do well at MAn UTd
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 14 Dec 2006, 22:39

fir_nev wrote:As U can see, players will wanna break into the Asian commercial market as they know that they can have the best endorsement deals around. Well, just look at Becks getting millions promoting Japan's chocolate 'Meiji'.

Clubs are now said to try exploiting China as the biggest commercial income. All they need to do is just set up an academy and people will pay the sum for their kids to enter.
Beckham is setting up an academy. the reason they go to asia is because look at places like china, they have 1/6 of the worlds population. thats why they go.

fir_nev

Post by fir_nev » 15 Dec 2006, 17:48

But I thought he already has one in US??

Correct me if I'm wrong...

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 15 Dec 2006, 20:49

i dont know if has one in the US but at the world cup i heard he was setting up one. That could be the one they were talkin about. If it is a recent academy.

retardx

Post by retardx » 17 Dec 2006, 02:25

He has academies in USA and the UK

http://www.thedavidbeckhamacademy.com/main.html

fir_nev

Post by fir_nev » 17 Dec 2006, 05:32

When your parents are Hollywood royalty, you get the best. That's obvious, but when Brad Pitt asked soccer superstar David Beckham to teach his kid Maddox soccer, no one would have guessed David would say yes:

English sports ace DAVID BECKHAM has reportedly been signed up by BRAD PITT and ANGELINA JOLIE to teach their son MADDOX soccer. The Cambodian five-year-old is already a student at the David Beckham Soccer Academy in Los Angeles, but his famous parents have arranged private one-to-one tuition with Beckham, who was dropped from the England soccer team earlier this year. A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "Brad has asked if there is any chance of David giving a one-on-one tutorial."

Maybe it was the hair? Or maybe it was the fact that both have been named "best-dressed kid/man?"
Quoted from http://entrylevelheiress.typepad.com/en ... index.html

I dunno... I read the article in my local ppr some time ago and I had to find it...

retardx

Post by retardx » 17 Dec 2006, 07:47

Beckham? Why not ask Ronaldinho instead?

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 17 Dec 2006, 08:21

Ronaldinho is still wanted by the football industry.... :P
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 17 Dec 2006, 10:42

retardx wrote:Beckham? Why not ask Ronaldinho instead?
Cuz if u go to America people and u say Beckham people would most likely say: Oh the guy that plays soccer and then act as if they know everything about it. When u say Ronaldinho however people would most likely go: who's that?

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 17 Dec 2006, 14:32

no way, everybody knows who ronaldinho is. Trust me.

Its just that beckhams career is almost done and ronaldinhos isnt so they ask beckham to set up one so when his career is over he can come and teach the kids his skills

fir_nev

Post by fir_nev » 17 Dec 2006, 17:27

That's how he'll sustain his income... Not too much, though.

Hey!! I saw Larsson watching West Ham - Man U game.

It's currently not going well for Man U. Green is keeping them at bay!!

fir_nev

Post by fir_nev » 09 Jan 2007, 13:19

*Falls from chair*

Yeah!! Larsson scored on his debut!! I had no doubt about that lad!