Van Persie

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
mpcarres14
Veteran Member

He has been in scorching form of late. He has become Holland's best player on the national team, with 5 goals from his last 7 games. Also, he has been a huge nuiscance to every Prem defense that Arsenal have played so far, not to mention his goal last weekend. I think that he is really starting to come good, and barring any injury, he will break 15 goals, maybe 20.
God damn brewery!!!

ajc
The Philly Flyer

I agree. He's showed signs that he could be a great player over the past couple of seasons and now he's really coming into his own. Van Persie and Henry up top can make any premiership defense look like amatures. At this point I'd say 15 goals is a certainty.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i haven't been watching him, as i don't get epl games on tv, but i've been hearing a ton about him. i can't say much about his overall play, since i've only seen highlight clips, but he's certainly been doing well in the goals department.
Hala Galacticos

G-Unit-Freestyler

Ive been watching him since his Feyenoord youth days, he wasnt real good the first 2 seasons but in his third he shined, scored 7 goals in 1 match vs AGOVV Appeldoorn. And I agree he's a great player.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

he is a prodigy.
Did u see his volley against charlton a few weekz ago?
That woz the match winner...that pull a smile on wengerz face..lol
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

milanese
Veteran Member

He's been the best player for Holland internationally for a while now, he might finally be playing at the same level in England.

thierryhenry14

milanese wrote:He's been the best player for Holland internationally for a while now, he might finally be playing at the same level in England.
Uhh.. I'm not sure he's teh best maybe 2 or 3 but ruud in my opinion is still number 1, course I haven't watched ruud play international ball for awhile so i could be wrong
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

Sometimes in football you just have to score goals -Thierry Henry-

G-Unit-Freestyler

thierryhenry14 wrote:
milanese wrote:He's been the best player for Holland internationally for a while now, he might finally be playing at the same level in England.
Uhh.. I'm not sure he's teh best maybe 2 or 3 but ruud in my opinion is still number 1, course I haven't watched ruud play international ball for awhile so i could be wrong
Ruuds not even in the Dutch team. Van Persie and Van Der Sar are doing a great job tho, whilst Robben's selfishness is hampering his all-around performances and Van Der Vaart's over-technical moves prevent him from doing what he has done at his time at Ajax.

milanese
Veteran Member

thierryhenry14 wrote:
Van Persie's been the most effective player for the national team. Robben's good, but tries to do too much himself. I don't think Ruud's on the team and he was terrible in the World Cup anyway.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

eh listen ruud is not on the team because him and van basten got in a fight. And van nistelrooy was on good form... but Basten was leaving him as a substitute because he is sore at him. Marca said that ruud was a bad influence on the team or something. As for van persie... i have learned a lot from watching vids of his... he is quite an amazing player

milanese
Veteran Member

Ruud's form wasn't good for the national team. Might have just been because he didn't like the coaching, but it doesn't change the fact that his play wasn't good. Jan Huntelaar should've been in there.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

i like seedorf. His freekicks are awesome. hes so underated.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

gunnerz23 wrote:i like seedorf. His freekicks are awesome. hes so underated.
have u seen van persie's freekicks?? they are also quite spectacular

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

of i course. Ive seen van persie play. After all, i am an arsenal fan. :D

tomsta911

van persie is a mad player :lol:
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)