Xabi Alonso goal

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
ratherton
Veteran Member

Have a look for Alonso's goal against Newcastle on YouTube in a couple of days. He's scored from 10 yards inside his own half tonight. A stunning strike although the keeper did slip

KPatel

Too bad those w*nkers at Fox Soccer Channel don't show Liverpool matches. I'll have to write to them.

A-man147

I cant find it, could you post the link please?
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

A-man147 wrote:I cant find it, could you post the link please?
Ratherton said to look for it in a few days on youtube, you gotta wait a few days till the video gets posted.

SV_08

Yeah, I heard about it when I got home. They say that it challenges David Beckham's strike in that Man Utd vs. Wembley game. That's a strong claim, so it must be real good. If I'd pick any1 off that team to do that though, it would be Alonso. He's the king of the longball.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

I'd take Beckham's over this. With Alonso's goal, the keeper slipped, or else he probably would have saved it. With Beckham's goal, the keeper was left no chance. Still a fantastic goal though. Also, what a game for Alonso, first the through ball that led to the first goal, and then THAT goal. One of the best performances of him that I've seen.
God damn brewery!!!

spectacles boy

I THINK THAT WILL BE THE " ONLY " GREAT MOMENT IN THE LIVERPOOL'S SEASON. SORRY POOLS FANS, U'RE NOT GOING TO WIN ANYTHING (MAYBE THE FA YOUTH CUP) THIS SEASON ................... :P

I STILL THINK ALONSO 'S GOAL WILL BE SAVED BY SHAY GIVEN OR PETER CROUCH, OR EVEN YAO MING (IF HE BECOME A GK).............HAHAHAHAHHAHA

retardx

Matteo
New User

does spectacles boy ever shut up and stop being a lunatic as that is just a stupid post to make, I reckon, when we are trying to have a discussion here about the goal not Liverpool's chances and stuff, he luck there no tough mods round here in other forums on other topics and stuff on the web they don't like you doing that too mucha dn stuff.

Anyway yeah good goal, keeper appeared to slip but then that is his fault. Who knows the keeper may not of saved it even if he hadn't of slipped as then I reckon Alonso's goal would beat beckhams' goal as the keeper could of saved it so would of been more risk and stuff.

Regards,
Matteo

touchshoot

ease up turbo

Magicfeet

The mod's are tough when they need to be. Spectacle sboy has been warned about her posting before, sbut on a forum largely comprised of 12-15 year olds, there are always going to be people who post badly. If we clamped down on all of them, there'd hardly be anyone left.

She still commented on Alonso's goal, it's not like she completely went off topic.

Besides in "other forums" you would be panned for signing your name after your post, when it's already clear for all to see. I don't like ALL CAPS posts either, but I'm not going to edit/delete every post like that. There's too many offenders to keep up.

hustler89
Veteran Member

They overloaded that on Sky Sports News, so it doesn't seem as good now.
But that the 2nd time Alonso has done that and his accuracy and intelligence has got to be one of the best in the Prem.

Magicfeet

I have to say that whilst both great vision and technique were required, neither of Alonso's goal's from inside his own half a on a par with Beckhams, Rivaldo's etc. Harper would have had it comfortably if he had not slipped, and the goal last season against Luton was into an empty net, as the goalkeeper was up for a stoppage time corner.

They were both still excellent goals, but I don't feel either were as good anyone who has properly beaten a keeper from that range.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

it was a quality goal, but the keeper slipped, and that takes so much away from it. but iti still say goal of the season so far, its much too early yet.

specacles needs to shut up. first it was soory anti-man tud fans, then sorry inter fans, now its sorry liverpool fans. i dont think she realizes that other quality teams besides man u exist. i hope they dont win a damn thing, just to spite him/her
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

MBanić

ROIUSA wrote:i hope they dont win a damn thing, just to spite him/her
Prolly something in between. :lol: