for those anti-man-utd

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Today United certainly didn't play like they were on their way to a premiership title, losing 0-1. Arsenal could have scored 4 if they were more deliberate on their counter attack and if they had finished better. If a healthy Henry is in that game I think he would've converted at least two chances Adebayor missed (not to mention the early penalty miss). Toure's ridiculous shot from a free kick narrowly missed being one of the great goals so far this season.

Man Utd played sloppy, with many turnovers and careless give aways. They were lucky to escape with such a close score line.

And despite the early confusion which led to a booking Lehmann turned out one of the best performances by a keeper this season. His save on Rooney near the end was spectacular. And he pretty much had his head blown off by Ronaldo earlier.

Overall, this game showed that Man U is not head and shoulders above everyone else in the EPL. If anything, they showed that if you can contain their offense and limit their goals, they are beatable. Arsenal had many chances without their best attacking player.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Pretty much both teams were sloppy. But I guess the pressure got to United.

spectacles boy

That Adebayor really is a cheating, he knew he could not get the ball when he sidestep Kuzkzak,so he dived, just like wad Van Persie did. That Graham Poll is a big idiot. He keep on making mistakes in big occasion (like showing three yellow cards), giving this penalty, and the Lehmann's incident, and the John O'Shea foul on Lehmann.But I do not see anyone talking about this dishonest Adebayor ??? And when Giggsy dived, why everyone keep on critising him ??? All of u are bias toward Man Utd, this show that Man Utd is improved till all rivals fans are jealous of them.Ok, I admit Arsenal play quite well, but if PARK JI-SUNG or GIGGSY play, United will win Arsenal.Plus the Red Devils suffer some fatigue after a tough game against Celtic (the team who win SPL every season because they do not need to play against teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Reading or Sheffield United and their opponents are Motherwell, Dundee, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts :roll: )

Arsenal is scared of United and they pack their mid-field to aim for a draw. Then that cheating scum Adebayor score a lucky goal which will be save if Edwin Van Der Sar is there.They win because of luck and fatigue of MU playas. BUT DO NOT EXPECT THEM TO WIN THE LEAGUE CAUSE THEY WILL LOSE OR DRAW AGAINST TEAMS LIKE BORO, ASTON VILLA.....

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

That Rooney really is a cheater, he knew that he had lost the ball in his dribble past Campbell so he hurdled over his leg and claimed that he was tripped. Hey, at least our penalty actually had come contact and didn't decide the result of the game. Poll is an idiot for dishing out yellow cards? Both teams got an equal amount. Also, I guarantee that if Park or Giggs had played, the result wouldn't have been much different. Ronaldo, who is probably better than either of those two, was completely owned by Eboue, and Gallas made your right side non-existant. The reason Arsenal won was because Gilberto took Rooney completely out of the game and Rosicky and Fabregas completely owned the midfield. The goal was hardly luck, it was great play from Fabregas and a great pass that led to a great finish, no one would have saved it. Would it have been luck if Toure's, Rosicky's, or Baptista's shot had gone in? All of those were within inches of the net.

As for your team being fatigued, so was Arsenal, probably even more so. The only fresh players were Adebayor and Ljungberg, while you had Kuschak, Ronaldo, and O'Shea. When you compare injuries, Man U has Giggs and Park out, while Arsenal is without Henry, van Persie, Lauren, Diaby, Senderos, and Clichy. Also, Arsenal's CL game was on Wednesday away in Germany, as opposed to on Wednesday at home. You just need to come to terms that Arsenal were by far the better team on the day and get over it, otherwise, if you are the club, a massive dip in form will follow.
God damn brewery!!!

steve-0
Veteran Member

ROIUSA wrote:no, its engraved in my head to stay on my feet, in any sport i play wheter its gaelic football, hockey, or soccer, i stay on my feet. and im not complaining about diving in general on this particular post, but people who say that giggs did not dive are obviously away with the birds. im not picking on him either, because hes a player who would rarely do it. but he dived, and that is cheating, and he basically gave united a goal by cheating.
diving is not cheating. it's part of the game and it always will be. i hate ppl who dive but i don't consider it really cheating. it's just being game savy

ratherton
Veteran Member

steve-0 wrote:
ROIUSA wrote:no, its engraved in my head to stay on my feet, in any sport i play wheter its gaelic football, hockey, or soccer, i stay on my feet. and im not complaining about diving in general on this particular post, but people who say that giggs did not dive are obviously away with the birds. im not picking on him either, because hes a player who would rarely do it. but he dived, and that is cheating, and he basically gave united a goal by cheating.
diving is not cheating. it's part of the game and it always will be. i hate ppl who dive but i don't consider it really cheating. it's just being game savy
What a stupid comment. Of course, diving is cheating. Just because FIFA are too gutless to clamp down on it, doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Presumably if you think its OK to dive, you wouldn't have a problem getting punched by a 6' 4" defender after you got him sent off for pretending to be fouled?

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Yes, diving absolutely is cheating. But unfortunately it goes on all the time. Adebayor certainly dived. I'm an Arsenal fan and I would never try to deny that. But wouldn't Ronaldo, Saha, or anyone else for that matter have done the same thing?

And although I wish diving never went on in football, ever, I am not about to go around saying Adebayor is a terrible player because he dived. I support my team. It is human nature to not rip on a player of your favorite team for diving. I remember when someone said that when Grosso dived to earn Totti's penalty against Australia that it was "great art." To a neutral that sounds absolutely ridiculous, but to him it was a play that helped his team advance.

You cannot say that injuries made United lose because, like mpcarries said, Arsenal had just as many if not more key injuries. And the goal was a good play. It was a bit of luck that Fabregas regained possession after losing it about 15 yards before he made the pass, but other than that it was just good execution.

If United scored the same goal, would you think it was lucky? I think it was just good team work. A perfect pass and a simple finish under the charging keeper. That doesn't sound like luck to me.

spectacles boy

ARSENAL FANS JUST CANNOT GET OVER WITH the fact that Man Utd ended Arsenal Unbeaten Run. But do not blame them, the last time they won the league .......??? I am not sure when .......??? They can brag about winning double but United fans can brag about TREBLE !!!!

Sorry mate, be careful Arsenal is in debt now.

"The Gunners' overall net debt rose to £262.1 million from £153.3 million in 2005, according to figures released today.

Hill-Wood said in a statement to the club's official website, arsenal.com: "As well as completing the new stadium we have also refinanced the related debt.

"The refinancing is strongly beneficial as it secures the group's financing arrangement for the long term and, by extending the repayment term and reducing the annual debt service costs, frees up significantly more of the group's future cash-flow for investment in the development of the team."

Who knows they might become Leeds United :P ??? Arsenal fans can dream abot having a stadium such as the Threatre of Dreams-Old Trafford. Ask anyone whether the Emirates Stadium or Old Trafford is better, they will surely say it is OT.What if they finish in the UEFA Cup spot ?

GOOD LUCK MATE CAUSE U NEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

diving is cheating always ESPECIALLY when it leads to a penalty. and i love how spectacles is complainign about adebayor diving when he knew he couldnt get the ball, when he/she still refuses to admit giggs dived. ill never understand you spectacles
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

steve-0
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
steve-0 wrote:
What a stupid comment. Of course, diving is cheating. Just because FIFA are too gutless to clamp down on it, doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Presumably if you think its OK to dive, you wouldn't have a problem getting punched by a 6' 4" defender after you got him sent off for pretending to be fouled?

i want to take this opportunity to apologize to everybody for making a stupid comment.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

spectacles boy wrote:ARSENAL FANS JUST CANNOT GET OVER WITH the fact that Man Utd ended Arsenal Unbeaten Run. But do not blame them, the last time they won the league .......??? I am not sure when .......???
How about 03-04, the undefeated season, and the last season that Chelsea didn't win the prem? How could you forget that, or did you block that pain from your memory?
God damn brewery!!!

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

hahaha way to spot that mpcarres, you make him/her look like an absolute fool
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

ultrAslan_GS
New User

ROIUSA wrote:hahaha way to spot that mpcarres, you make him/her look like an absolute fool
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matteo
New User

spectacles boy you need to cool it off in them last two posts or so otherwise you sound a bit like one my mates who'se a football holigan at times.

I like Arsenal and I won't deny that some of them have dived before and it's a fact other players from Manchester United, Liverpool and so on have also done it. Fifa are working on it but can you possibly pick up everything with only three-four officiating referees, that is why they were trying out tv replay and stuff at the world cup. You all have a right to a opinion, but when it becomes flame wars (if it ever does) then you should all look at yourself and find the guts to actually admit that your players do dive sometimes and stuff.

Arsenal deserved to win the match like Alex Furgesson said. Man U had one extra rest day less injuries a deeper squad of talent I believe and atleast three fresh players. Arsenal have Henry, Lauren, Senderos and so on out leaving them to draw on younger less experianced players. Now if Man U can't outclass them, beat or whatever they seriously needed to practise more becuase Arsenal had more players fatigued and a one day less rest between the Champions league and the game. Look at all the facts what teh chaoch said how the game developed. Adebayor's penalty or whatever had no effect on the games score so that isn't as bad as them getting a goal from the suspected dive. The play that did seal the game was when Ronaldo lost the ball to Fabregas (who played in the Champions league match) and passed it to Adebayor who finished it pass the keeper well. Whether Van Der Sar could of done better is unknown but the strike was very good I reckon. For losing the game Ronaldo is to blame for losing the ball leting Fabregas set up Adebayor but then Ronaldo is playing the way he likes which is taking players on and stuff.

In my opinion the game could of gone either way but it was that moment of Ronaldo losing the ball that let Fabregas set up Adebayor. Can't remember when when Gunner last won a Premiere league huh? Atleast it wasn't as long back as Man U winning a Champions league final (just needed to express a club rival opinion there).

Regards,
Matteo

P.S: Chelsea or Man U for the league huh? no way it's anybodies title playing two playmakers is what England did in teh world cup which cost them in a way and look where they ended lost to Portugal becuase of it as playmakers have a role so playing two means they have to adpat to each other and sort out who is going to do what and stuff.

spectacles boy

mpcarres14 wrote:
spectacles boy wrote:ARSENAL FANS JUST CANNOT GET OVER WITH the fact that Man Utd ended Arsenal Unbeaten Run. But do not blame them, the last time they won the league .......??? I am not sure when .......???
How about 03-04, the undefeated season, and the last season that Chelsea didn't win the prem? How could you forget that, or did you block that pain from your memory?
U THINK U CAN MAKE ME A FOOL ?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

HOW MANY PREMIERSHIP TITLES MANCHESTER UNITED WON ?????????????? THEY MAY NOT STAY UNBEATEN BUT THEY WON CHAMPIONSHIPS LIKE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (SOMETHING """" ARSENAL FANS """"" CAN DREAM ABOUT :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :wink: ), EPL, FA CUP, LEAGUE CUPS, FA YOUTH CUPS ...........EVEN IF U ADD THE NO OF EPL TITLES LIVERPOOL (0),ARSENAL (NOT SURE HOW MANY), CHELSEA(2), EVEN BLACKBURN(1), UNITED WILL STILL HAVE THE MOST EPL TITLES, (ARSENAL FANS JUST CANNOT GET OVER WITH the fact that Man Utd ended Arsenal Unbeaten Run. But do not blame them, the last time they won the league .......???). UNBEATEN SO WAD ????? LIKE WAD MOURINHO SAID:"I ONLY CARE ABOUT WINNING TROPHIES (LIKE SIR ALEX FREGUSON), NOT ENTERTAINING THE FANS (LIKE WENGER, A VOYEUR-ISTICS THINKING :P :P :P )" HOWEVER MAN UNITED WIN TROPIES (A LOT) AND ENTERTAIN EVERYONE...............DUN BELIEVE ??? ASK EVERYONE DO THEY ENJOY WATCHING UNITED PLAYING....FROM THE GEORGE BEST TO BOBBY CHARLTON ERA, TO DENIS LAW AND MCCARROY ERA, TO BRYAN ROBSON AND PAUL INCE ERA, TO SCHOLES, SOLSKJAER, ANDY COLE, YORKE, KEANE, NEVILLES BROs, BECKHAM, TO NOW THE ROONEY, RONALDO, PARK JI-SUNG.FLETCHER ERA, IN FUTURE IT WILL BE ROONEY, RONALDO, LEE MARTIN, DONG FANG ZHUO, GERARD PIQUE, ROSSI, FOSTER ERA.........A RICH AND TRADITION MUFC(RACIAL HARMONY) COMPARE TO ARSENAL (WITH SIMILAR TYPES OF PLAYERS LIKE IAN WRIGHT,KANU,HENRY,LAUREN,COLE,HOYTE,EBOUE,VIEIRA???????)

(TO:mpcarres14)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, How could you forget that, or did you block that pain from your memory. DID I CREATE MEMORIES INSIDE YR BIG STUPID HEAD ?????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WARNING:NEVER MESS WITH MANCHESTER UNITED FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAUSE I AM A KING OF ARGUE IN MY SCHOOL.EVEN THE PRINCIPAL SCARED OF ME !!!!!!!!!!!!