for those anti-man-utd

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 14 Sep 2006, 21:56

MBanić wrote:
spectacles boy wrote:a win is a win, in the end celtic got a BIG FAT 0 point back to Scotland. Man Utd have three points now and equal their last season scoring record in the champions league of 3 goals, without Ruud Van Nistelrooy ??? Celtic fans can talk all they want about how close they win, watever man!!! :lol: And stay in your SPL and win against teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell.....better focus on the league cause Rangers is getting quite good now !!!! :wink:
The day you say something smart is the day Ronaldinho stops using the elastico.
In fairness, that was one of the more accurate posts

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 14 Sep 2006, 23:59

well, the thing is, he/she is talking how basically man utd would walk all over us, and in the end, they needed a crap call to get them the 3 points. defantly saha shoulda had more, but celtic coulda had 1 or 2 more also. but utd did deserve the win. i think the score board is a fair assesment of the game. well win in scotland. guarenteed
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

stevengerrard8

Post by stevengerrard8 » 15 Sep 2006, 00:21

i was actually happy giggs got injured. cuz i was pissed at that nasty dive he did. even though i dont like celtic or care about them. cuz that dive was pretty cheap and well. since he got injured i think he deserved it.. to all man utd fans no offence i know you have a point to defend but its just my opinion. no offence guys. we still friends haha :)

MBanić

Post by MBanić » 15 Sep 2006, 19:46

ratherton wrote:
MBanić wrote:
spectacles boy wrote:a win is a win, in the end celtic got a BIG FAT 0 point back to Scotland. Man Utd have three points now and equal their last season scoring record in the champions league of 3 goals, without Ruud Van Nistelrooy ??? Celtic fans can talk all they want about how close they win, watever man!!! :lol: And stay in your SPL and win against teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell.....better focus on the league cause Rangers is getting quite good now !!!! :wink:
The day you say something smart is the day Ronaldinho stops using the elastico.
Uhhh, which one?

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 15 Sep 2006, 20:25

MBanić wrote:
ratherton wrote:
MBanić wrote: The day you say something smart is the day Ronaldinho stops using the elastico.
Uhhh, which one?
Spectacles Boy's post

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 16 Sep 2006, 07:52

ratherton wrote:
MBanić wrote:
ratherton wrote: In fairness, that was one of the more accurate posts
Uhhh, which one?
Spectacles Boy's post
Can u feel the sarcasm tonight.

kamil k

Post by kamil k » 16 Sep 2006, 08:43

NO WAY wait until mid season were they'll fall behind it does'nt matter who they have in their team Chelsea is still MUCH, MUCH better! And i think that even Liverpool will beat Man u this season!

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 16 Sep 2006, 12:37

G-Unit-Freestyler wrote:
ratherton wrote:
MBanić wrote: Uhhh, which one?
Spectacles Boy's post
Can u feel the sarcasm tonight.
:D I was actually being serious. You can't really argue with any of the points he/she (we still don't know) raised although the way the points were presented weren't exactly the basis for a sensible thread

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 16 Sep 2006, 20:33

giggs was definitely not diving.he knows exactly what he is doing and the effect if he dives.boruc has pushed him,that's the fact.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 16 Sep 2006, 20:42

owens glory your dillusional. watch the part in this video ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=tBDZeFRuenM ) where giggs DIVES. your entitled to your opinion, i know your a smart guy, but i honestly think you have to be an idiot to think thats a penalty, and not a dive.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 16 Sep 2006, 21:02

All players do it and lets face it, they are stupid not too. Van Persie did the same for Arsenal. They get away with it more often than not and considering how often it happens, the number of yellow cards of simulation (cheating) is pretty low.

It's gay and I hate to see it.

FIFA need to sort this out but they are more interested in finding new ways to line their pockets rather than running the game.

Da Devil
Sophomore Member

Post by Da Devil » 16 Sep 2006, 21:03

Manchester United for the Champions League and Chelsea for the league or the other way around. Liverpool will be fighting till the end but they don't have the depth. Quite frankly Jermaine Pennant isn't really going to fix their wings, Kuyt is slow and Bellamy can't do it all by himself.

Chelsea are also showing weaknesses, Ballack hasn't settled yet, Frank Lampard and John Terry's Bad world cup form continues. Shevechenco is good but not that good by his standards, Drogba is overrated as usual and on top of all that they only have Salomon Kalou should a striker get injured.
B
Arsenal are struggling this season Henry's form is faltering since the champions league final. Fabregas isn't really enough. They pass it around without an end product. They need a world class striker.

Manchester United (yay!) won't a striker should Giuseppe Rossi provide good form on his loan move to Newcastle and if Alan Smith is in good form. However should that not be the case they need a striker in the mould of Van Nistlerooy. Their central midfielder problem should be solved by January as they are still looking to buy Owen Hargreaves which would complete the team.

The games against Watford and Tottenham have been shaky but you people must not forget we were missing several key players.

Nemanja Vidic
Gabriel Heinze
Alan Smith
Wayne Rooney
Paul Scholes

With the exception of Smith, they could have really made a difference and Carrick hasn't settled after his little injury so give them time they will either have League or Champions League glory at their clutches by the end of the season.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 16 Sep 2006, 21:07

Da Devil wrote:Liverpool will be fighting till the end but they don't have the depth. Quite frankly Jermaine Pennant isn't really going to fix their wings, Kuyt is slow and Bellamy can't do it all by himself.

Manchester United (yay!) won't a striker should Giuseppe Rossi provide good form on his loan move to Newcastle and if Alan Smith is in good form. However should that not be the case they need a striker in the mould of Van Nistlerooy. Their central midfielder problem should be solved by January as they are still looking to buy Owen Hargreaves which would complete the team.
Liverpools biggest problem is that Benitez doesn't know his best team and does stupid things like sticking Gerrard on the bench for important Champions League matches

Hargreaves was taken off with a suspected broken leg today so depending how bad the injury is, he may not be playing in January

spectacles boy

Post by spectacles boy » 17 Sep 2006, 04:55

When Robben, Drogba, Joe Cole dives, I never see any Chelsea fans saying it is wrong or wad.When Gerrard, Bellamy dives, I do not see any Liverpool fans saying anything.When Pires (a few seasons ago), Henry, Eboue, or Van Persie diving, I never notice any Arsenal fans speaking bad about them.On the other hand, the oppositions fans, and I admit, that u will be biased towards the rivals and not your team. Be a man, admit it. If u cannot, then continue complain and complain. How many times u see Giggs diving ??? If u have a chance to earn an important freekick or penalty that can save your team, will u dive ?????????

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 17 Sep 2006, 23:50

no, its engraved in my head to stay on my feet, in any sport i play wheter its gaelic football, hockey, or soccer, i stay on my feet. and im not complaining about diving in general on this particular post, but people who say that giggs did not dive are obviously away with the birds. im not picking on him either, because hes a player who would rarely do it. but he dived, and that is cheating, and he basically gave united a goal by cheating.