for those anti-man-utd

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
spectacles boy

for those anti-man-utd

Post by spectacles boy » 10 Sep 2006, 03:31

This season, the squad is as good as the 1998/1999 and 1999/2000 season. Van der Sar is performing like Schmeichel, Gary Neville is even better than his old image, Rio is like Stam, Brown is showing his potential, Evra attacking and defending like Irwin, Ronaldo improve his delivery and freekicks like Beckham, Giggsy is still the wonderful wizard, Scholes is still the ginger prince arriving late outside the box,Carrick may not tackle the ball like Roy Keane but he got the passion and desire like Keane, Rooney is playing even better than Andy Cole, Saha is running into scoring positions quite well except for his finishing (but which striker dun not misfires ???) his pace can be compare to the younger Yorke, and there are many utility players in the 1998/1999 treble season like Phil Neville (O'Shea), David May (Silvestre), Super Sub Solskjaer (still remain), Henning Berg (Vidic), Blomqvist (Park Ji-Sung), Van Der Gouw (Kuskszak), Sheringham (Alan Smith), Cruyff (Richardson), Butt (Fletcher). So who think that we cannot win the Champions' League, Epl, Fa Cup ?????? I not saying we will win the treble again, but we will win at least the Epl and Fa Cup.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 10 Sep 2006, 03:46

Don't get too ahead of yourself. It's a long, long season and we're only 3-4 games in. Gauranteeing that you'll win the EPL and FA cup is quite optimistic. I think a team playing well against them could create some decent chances against there defense. Man U have been impressive but are certainly not unbeatable.
Click it

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 10 Sep 2006, 04:04

Just keep in mind that last year Man U won its first three and then dropped 10 points from 18 after that. They do look strong, but not unbeatable. After watching the game today, there were several occasions in which Tottenham were able to pick open fairly large holes in Man U's central defense with crosses, and had the finishing been better, well, Man U wouldn't have been 4 for 4. Also, I can't help but feel like the old legs of Giggs, Solskjaer, and Scholes will be able to produce this form for more than a couple of months. That said, next weekend's fixture of Arsenal-Man U should be a very interesting one to watch, as play-wise these look like the best two teams in England at the moment.

God damn brewery!!!

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Post by ballackfan » 10 Sep 2006, 18:06

Either Manchester United or Chelsea is going to win the English Premiership title 2006-2007.I don't count on any other teams. Three or Four games played so what, I don't see any team currently played more exciting than Manchester United. You don't have to say a surprise team like Blackburns or Arsenal is going to win the title again. You can clearly see without doubt that the Squad of MU and Chels is far better than any team. Great team work, blah... Whatever that means doesn't mean a great deal when the other team has more talented players. You can see superior squad such as Real Madrid finish second in Primera Liga.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 11 Sep 2006, 01:03

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What?

You think that just because Man U has beaten up on a couple bad teams that they or chelsea will surely win EPL? The way they played against tottenham they could have easily lost. And anyone who says you can predict an entire season by the first the first three games alone is mad. If that were true than Everton and Boro would finish in the top 4.

And then you say that the squad of Man U and Chelsea is better than anyone else (which I'm not neccesarily disagreeing with). But you back it up by saying that Madrid has superior players and they finished second. You completely contradicted yourself.

If your point was correct that superior players can always win over good team play, than Chelsea could never lose to Middlesborough in million years, could they? And surely Madrid would have lots of trophies over the past couple of years, right?
Click it

spectacles boy

Post by spectacles boy » 11 Sep 2006, 08:23

They beat Spurs without Rooney and Scholes !!!! They will dominate Celtic and send Neil Lennon, Gravesen, Nakamura, Jan Venegoor of Hesselink back to Glasgow crying for their mama.And on Old Trafford, the fans will show Gunners what is a THEATRE OF DREAMS, and how good and BIG is OT comparing to the Emirates Stadium. It is true that Giggsy, Scholesy and Solskjaer are getting old, but they have the experience to run where and not waste their energy. Classic examples are Sheringham (41 years old), and Shearer (he play almost 3/4 of the games last season).Rooney is fresh and will be determine to prove that he is man utd idol. So the next three games, it is impossible to see Man Utd losing. But u will never noe, but the chances of them losing is highly unlikely.

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 11 Sep 2006, 11:09

Haha, sorry to intervene but that last post was funny.

What you can say is that either Man Utd. or Chelsea are favourite to win the Championship, but as we are not psychic we can not say it will be 100%. Watford have a chance of winning the Championship, but the odds are minute, therefore it is impossible say for certain who will win and we can only speculate and give personal opinions.

Anyway, Man Utd. had been on fire the first 2 games but their game against Watford & Spurs was based on luck and all teams go through "rough patches" during he season. Yes, even Chelsea.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 11 Sep 2006, 20:11

Im a man utd fan so I hope they will win it, but the results dont mean anything until january. Look at Wigan last year. They were first and second during the beginning and then went down. They acheived monumental things but as i said you gotta wait till later. Every point is precious, but it is hard to predict the outcome of a championship right now.Thats when we can have an idea of who has a chance of winning. Im delighted that they got maximum points, but I havent watched them play yet so I will judge them after having seen a full 90 minutes.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 11 Sep 2006, 20:46

i completly disagree with you that there as good as 98/99 99/00. but what makes you think carrick has the passion and desire of keane. the only person on that team that comes close to the level of desire he had is wayne rooney.

i tell you right now, utd will not dominate celtic, they may beat them in old trafford, but they wont dominate them as you say. and when it comes to celtic park, celtic will win.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 11 Sep 2006, 21:10

man utd simply cant win epl because they have lost nistelrooij.
16m buying carrick is a waste.for me,it's another dominat season for chelsea in epl and even champions league(because they bought best goalscorer in cl,shevchenko).

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 13 Sep 2006, 19:38

hey spectacles how bout that first half ya. you were gunna dominate us and send us back to glasgow looking for our mama's? we should be up 3-1 at half that penalty was rediculous, and jan V/H shoulda put in his second.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 14 Sep 2006, 10:35

if there are so many 'should',louis saha should have scored 5 goals!

spectacles boy

Post by spectacles boy » 14 Sep 2006, 11:17

a win is a win, in the end celtic got a BIG FAT 0 point back to Scotland. Man Utd have three points now and equal their last season scoring record in the champions league of 3 goals, without Ruud Van Nistelrooy ??? Celtic fans can talk all they want about how close they win, watever man!!! :lol: And stay in your SPL and win against teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell.....better focus on the league cause Rangers is getting quite good now !!!! :wink:

MBanić

Post by MBanić » 14 Sep 2006, 15:40

spectacles boy wrote:a win is a win, in the end celtic got a BIG FAT 0 point back to Scotland. Man Utd have three points now and equal their last season scoring record in the champions league of 3 goals, without Ruud Van Nistelrooy ??? Celtic fans can talk all they want about how close they win, watever man!!! :lol: And stay in your SPL and win against teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell.....better focus on the league cause Rangers is getting quite good now !!!! :wink:
The day you say something smart is the day Ronaldinho stops using the elastico.

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 14 Sep 2006, 21:03

Spectacles "Boy"... Why is it u call urself a boy yet u have the female sign. Is it too hard for you to decide?