Jermain Defoe

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
SV_08

You gotta feel bad for Defoe. It always seems like he's the odd man out at Tottenham. Now that they signed Mido from Roma today, they have 4 good strikers and not enough time to please everyone. In my opinion, Defoe is the best out of Keane, Berbatov, and Mido. But Keane is a cornerstone in the Hotspur attack and Jol would never take him out. And Berbatov was just signed and they want to get him in there. I never liked Mido and I think he'll cry about not getting playing time, so he'll be ahead of Defoe. He should just go somewhere that they will start him and treat him with some respect. He can't get a shot at an England spot if he is on the bench for his club team.

ravenous
Sophomore Member

yeah..Defoe doesn't deserve this. I mean, Mido is a nice striker, but I have seen him in his time at Ajax, and he is way to tempered. He has got a negative additude wich I hope it'll be his weakness. Jol really doesn't need to take the sh*t Mido cries out. I hope for Defoe that he will get some play time afterall
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes. And in injury time, Klaas Jan Huntelaar scores"

milanese
Veteran Member

Berbatov is their best striker. Keane is a great player, as is Defoe. Signing Mido could really make him an odd man out. And Berbs shouldn't be sitting since they paid so much money for him. they could always play 3 upfront. I think it would be fun to watch, and it could be effective, who knows.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

ya. im a spurs fan and frankly, i feel signing mido is a waste, they need help at the backs is what i feel. theres too much striking talent sitting on the bench. i a big keane fan and i dont think you can sit a top goal scorer of the season last year. i think defoe is under used and underapreciated, but berbatov is a great playmaking striker, and i dont think ou can just sit him either. i think theyre going to have to play 3 strikers, i know they tried it out in preseason
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

spectacles boy

if there is competition, there will be improvement. I sure tat Defoe will prove all the critics wrong. Jol is clever to sign Mido. He is using reverse pschology to make all the strikers work harder than before

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

thats aexactly what my dad said haha, the competition will force them all to work to keep theyre place, but i dont think defoe really has to prove critics wrong because everyone knows that hes got the talent to put in probably 10 goals consistantly every year, the problem is now, that there are possibly 3 strikers better than him, or at least as good, also. and i dont think hes using reverse psycology, i think hes reating depth at the forwards,, though id rather see depth at the backs
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

ravenous
Sophomore Member

spectacles boy wrote:if there is competition, there will be improvement
amen to that one!
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes. And in injury time, Klaas Jan Huntelaar scores"

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Yes, it is difficult to please 4 strikers, but even more difficult to utilize them. Think of the wasted talent? Defoe on the bench is an outrage! He is definitely NOT a bench warmer. I hope he goes somewhere where he'll have a decent amount of respect.

spectacles boy

well defoe is one of the hot stars like messi, robben, kaka, tevez,mascherano