2006/07 Arsenal Season

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
thierryhenry14

2006/07 Arsenal Season

Post by thierryhenry14 » 18 Jun 2006, 00:36

Post your comments on the upcoming 06/07 Arsenal Season. I think they will do fairly well though losing Pires but gaining Rosicky an amazing Czech Midfielder who does wonders for any team. POST UR COMMENTS!
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

Sometimes in football you just have to score goals -Thierry Henry-

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 23 Jun 2006, 16:34

i think arsenal will do fairly well this season but i dont think this is there season to challenge for chelseas title but i think a fair postion at the moment would be 4th although i think spurs could give them a shock. the thing is with arsenal is that in maybe 2 or 3 years time they will have a great time with threr youth set-up but now do think they are like they used to be. i think rosicky will be a grwat asset to the club but first he will need to test his self in england. other here it a much more fast and phycial game

spectacles boy

Post by spectacles boy » 24 Jun 2006, 11:52

hey just not be too happy yet................Rosicky is inconsistent..........I have went to Dortmund to watch Bundesliga matches a few times.....the atmosphere in the stadium was great but some fans will cheer Rosicky but some will abuse him with comments like he is lazy and inconsistent lah......In the World CUp u can see he is not the real leader who can change the game like Rooney, Henry, Ronaldinho, Kaka,Gerrard, Lampard, Joe Cole,Cristiano Ronaldo, when Czech loses Jan Koller, Rosicky play like sh*t....Look at Nedved who is the best performancer for Czech...Rosicky is not Nedved.....if sumone man-mark him with Essiens,Makeleles, he will be useless maybe Arsenal should sign Jan Koller so that Rosicky can play well if Koller and him play together (gays)

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 24 Jun 2006, 12:39

gay?

no i dont think they should sign koller. rosicky will improve in arsenal. he may not be a starter just yet but he will get better once he is accustomed to the style in the EPL. He may not be the best player for the czechs but he will improve with time. he seems pretty young. im not sure how old he is though.

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 24 Jun 2006, 14:31

I hope to see some of Walcott this season for Arsenal. Prediction: 2nd, as Chelsea will win next years, and many more years after that.

Btw spectacles boy why do u call urself a boy when ur sign thingy is female?

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 05 Jul 2006, 01:46

Like always, I am feeling confident about this season. Arsenal's players are starting to come into their own at the moment. Ljungberg looks like he wants to do away with last season, Senderos was the backbone of Switzerland, Lehmann played incredibly, and Toure was solid. Fabregas was fabulous vs. Tunisia, while van Persie was really the major spark of creativity in the Netherlands. Ashley Cole was back to his best, which made him cement his place as the most stand-out best player for his individual position compared to all other players at all other positions. And Henry, well, he's still scoring and supplying France. Based on all of this success in the World Cup, it would appear that some sort of trophy will be won by Arsenal this season. However, I am a bit concerned by Real's apparent willingness to buy our Spanish players, however, the fact that all of the presidential candidates have said to have lined up deals with Joaquin, Kaka, Robben, C. Ronaldo, Carrick, Reyes, and Fabregas makes me believe that these stories are simply basura. If the players continue to click and one more good central defender is brought in, who knows what will happen...

My dreams say 1) Arsenal 2) Spurs/Man U/Chelsea
However, I feel that Man U have the best chance of winning this year if everyone stays healthy

As for Chelsea winning for years to come, I feel that you are off the mark on that. The core of great players who have made the team successful (Gallas, Makalele, Robben, Drogba) all want out or are getting old. However, they are simply recruiting in a Galactico fashion. Ballack and Lampard play the same position, and I don't see either feasably on the bench, Sheva looks past his prime and really probably only has 1 or maybe 2 good years left, and while Obi-Mikel and Kalou maybe young and talented, there's still the task of satisfying the masses of top-class players with playing time while at the same time making the team gel. I can't help but think that they will be beatable this season.

God damn brewery!!!

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 05 Jul 2006, 11:57

i hope they get beat alot this season(chelsea)

and i hope we can go back to the old Arsenal vs Man Utd days.

btw ashley cole wanted to leave last season to go to real or chelsea. so far chelsea are more interested in him, but i dont know how true this is because u cant believe everything u read these days.

cmperez07

Post by cmperez07 » 12 Jul 2006, 18:38

arsenal will have a great season, all the young players now have more experience which will help them win this year's league
So...What's Going On???

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 13 Jul 2006, 00:11

arsenal will finish 5th right behind spurs.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

thierryhenry14

Post by thierryhenry14 » 27 Jul 2006, 16:51

who did the spurs get this year?
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 27 Jul 2006, 20:24

Berbatov and Zokora for starters. Their team is very complete now and could win it all this year in my opinion. Regarding my previous post, Manchester United are crumbling, their future minus Rooney is leaving, and their youth players are not of the same quality at all compared to Arsenal's. I don't see them winning anything other than the League Cup until Ferguson leaves (he just keeps getting into fights with all of their great players, and he just seems to be losing it) As for Arsenal's bid, they need to keep Cole for two more seasons (they have a terrific 16 year old left back named Armand Traore, one for the future, I guarantee it). If they can do that and get a new center back, their chances are pretty good.

God damn brewery!!!

thierryhenry14

Post by thierryhenry14 » 27 Jul 2006, 20:26

mpcarres14 wrote:Berbatov and Zokora for starters. Their team is very complete now and could win it all this year in my opinion. Regarding my previous post, Manchester United are crumbling, their future minus Rooney is leaving, and their youth players are not of the same quality at all compared to Arsenal's. I don't see them winning anything other than the League Cup until Ferguson leaves (he just keeps getting into fights with all of their great players, and he just seems to be losing it) As for Arsenal's bid, they need to keep Cole for two more seasons (they have a terrific 16 year old left back named Armand Traore, one for the future, I guarantee it). If they can do that and get a new center back, their chances are pretty good.
Rooney is leaving?
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 27 Jul 2006, 21:17

No, he is the only real star for the future on Man U that seems to be staying.

God damn brewery!!!

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 27 Jul 2006, 21:57

Ronaldo is staying too and so is rossi and some other players that are from the academy. Man united need to strengthen the mid and get some experienced players who help the young progress. Weve got several experienced players but they are getting old and we will need some younger ones.

thierryhenry14

Post by thierryhenry14 » 28 Jul 2006, 03:09

*~El Maestro~* wrote:gay?

no i dont think they should sign koller. rosicky will improve in arsenal. he may not be a starter just yet but he will get better once he is accustomed to the style in the EPL. He may not be the best player for the czechs but he will improve with time. he seems pretty young. im not sure how old he is though.
Doesn't Jan Koller have bad knees and get injured alot?
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)