Picking a Team To Support?

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 15 May 2011, 18:33

I dont think Atletico will sell him to anyone unless he pulls a Mascherano. Considering Forlan's on and off relationship with the manager Flores this season, Aguero is the only striker that has been saving their hides.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 15 May 2011, 20:02

Pretty sure i would be a better goalie than gomes at this point. If you took away all his horrible mistakes spurs could be achieving something more right now. (like a tie vs chelsea or maybe a win).

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 15 May 2011, 21:21

Thanks guys! And I'm a Central Coast supporter Brilliance.
Everything you need, is already inside.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 15 May 2011, 22:47

Spurs have the best midfield in the league depth wise...maybe Man U too.

Up top, Crocuh and Defoe have to be hitting and they havent. VDV isnt really a striker but has had to chip in alot. Pavs needs to go.

Spurs are linked with every striker to hit over 10 goals this season haha, but seriously, players like Forlan, Aguero, Llorente from Spain, RVN from Hamburg, and other EPL players are on the cards and are rumoured to be on the move all the time.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 17 May 2011, 23:04

I don't know what kind of depth you're looking for but I cannot see a better midfield than Arsenals in EPL, when Cesc is not injured and on form.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 17 May 2011, 23:16

^ I agree, but Tottenham just generally have great midfielder's throughout their squad, and also a good balance of attacking/defensive players - Huddlestone, Jenas, Palacios, Modric, Kanjcar, Sandro, and recently now Pienaa. Also van Der Vart is you classify him as a mid (Sometimes get's a CF role, but I'd say he's an AM).

Update on my team selection: fu** it, I've been a Chelsea supporter since I was 8yrs old, and it's not jumping on the bandwagon if I was that young. Hell, I was the only Chelsea supporter in my primary school I believe. I might of been a bit of a glory hunter as I believe it was around the time that Chelsea got the two-in-a-row that I picked them, but I love the team so fu** what everyone thinks.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 17 May 2011, 23:20

desire10 wrote:^ I agree, but Tottenham just generally have great midfielder's throughout their squad, and also a good balance of attacking/defensive players - Huddlestone, Jenas, Palacios, Modric, Kanjcar, Sandro, and recently now Pienaa. Also van Der Vart is you classify him as a mid (Sometimes get's a CF role, but I'd say he's an AM).

Update on my team selection: fu** it, I've been a Chelsea supporter since I was 8yrs old, and it's not jumping on the bandwagon if I was that young. Hell, I was the only Chelsea supporter in my primary school I believe. I might of been a bit of a glory hunter as I believe it was around the time that Chelsea got the two-in-a-row that I picked them, but I love the team so fu** what everyone thinks.
DONT DO IT!!!

YOUR MAKING A MISTAKE!!

Jump in with a team with history and passion to offer :D

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 17 May 2011, 23:24

TheBrilliance wrote:
desire10 wrote:^ I agree, but Tottenham just generally have great midfielder's throughout their squad, and also a good balance of attacking/defensive players - Huddlestone, Jenas, Palacios, Modric, Kanjcar, Sandro, and recently now Pienaa. Also van Der Vart is you classify him as a mid (Sometimes get's a CF role, but I'd say he's an AM).

DONT DO IT!!!

YOUR MAKING A MISTAKE!!

damn if only liverpool had that ;) at least they have history 1/3 isn't bad.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 17 May 2011, 23:27

TheBrilliance wrote:

DONT DO IT!!!

YOUR MAKING A MISTAKE!!

:twisted:

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 17 May 2011, 23:40

If he was gonna go with a team with history, he would be better of supporting nottingham forest.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 18 May 2011, 01:40

klc123 wrote:If he was gonna go with a team with history, he would be better of supporting nottingham forest.
Good point. Theyve won 2 European Championships.

Any team thats one 5 or more should be considered lengendary then 8)

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 18 May 2011, 02:33

I don't care what anybody says but Visca Barcelona! Vamos Barcelona! Lesss go Barcaa!

Top five teams like this (call me a bandwagoner if you wantt, but i support thesee teamss and just love the way each and every one of them play):

Barca
Tottenham
Man. Utd
Bayern Munich
Madrid

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 18 May 2011, 02:40

^really... you support madrid and barca hang on let me go support liverpool utd madrid barca and inter milan and acmilan.

mrbeankid22

Post by mrbeankid22 » 18 May 2011, 04:09

Hmm, I never had a favorite team until I really started watcing football religiously (like all the televised games available every week). Around the beginning of my high school days that was. I fell in love with Arsenal. Their play at times can be absolute magic, at others, so heart wrenchingly disappointing. I started following them around early 07, so I didn't hop on to the invincibles band wagon. Throughout these last 4, and actually, last 6 years, they have yet to win a piece of silverware, but they will be my favorite team regardless. This season may have been the most disappointing one yet IMO.

Obviously being a Gunner, I can't support any other English side hahaha. I do have a team that I 'like' but not necessarily support, from each of the major leagues. FC Dallas, as they are from my hometown (Went to almost all of their home games last year before they made it to the MLS Cup Final, which was BS). From Germany, I've liked Dortmund, long before this season lol, I still have some of their Nike branded training gear. For some reason, I have a soft spot for Atletico Madrid, yet I also like Real. Quite terribly, they are heated rivals, but I've visited both of their stadiums and been to a RM game, so I feel like I have some sentimental connection (If that means anything for someone who doesn't live in Europe). I liked Juventus from their glory days before the Calciopolli Scandal, Del Piero and Nedved at their best :) Now they are quite sh*t, a disgrace. Obviously, in International competitions, Arsenal is my team 100%. I guess you could say, I just like watching those teams in their respective leagues.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 18 May 2011, 11:15

Go ahead Nick