Pretty good day for Manchester

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2011, 17:52

I understand Rooney does track back a lot for United, but there becomes a point when you have to decide if he is actually having a positive effect.

For example, imagine how detrimental it could be to united if Rooney goes out guns blazing chasing down every Barca player in the first 10 minutes of the champions league final. He would render himself completely useless for the rest of the game and would pose very little threat.

Hernandez on the other hand is a player who will be quiet for a while, only to pop up when a chance is created to get an effort in on goal, and with as finishing as good as his, he normally scores.

That is the difference between Rooney and Hernandez in my opinion, and it all revolves around what you want in a footballer. If you want a striker who puts 100% of their effort in to the game but spends most of their energy doing defensive work, then Rooney is your man, but if you want a striker who devotes themselves to scoring goals for their team, which is their purpose in my opinion, then you want Hernandez.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 15 May 2011, 20:19

lol berbatov's goals were from a good 5 games so we can take him out.

Hernandez does have better goals per game but he's 1 dimensional he can only score inside the box, don't get me wrong every team needs it but that doesn't make him better.

Eto i'm not sure about i don't want enough of inter anymore.

Benzema is average he's doing well in a superstar side benefiting from the confidence that the leagues basically over.

ronaldo/messi well yeah...

As for the last post Rooney's play style goes perfectly with Hernandez. He drops deep wins the ball back and we have a speedy little man up front on the defenders shoulders or rooney can run at the space he created by having a striker all the way up there.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 15 May 2011, 22:50

collin wrote:i have to agree with everything klc has said on this one, rooney and tevez at the moment don't compare to anyone klc has listed. In form they are better than most but not all of them
Rooneys passing is immaculate, and tevez is nearly the prems top scorer, with NO SUPPORT up top, lots of egos up top, and hes pissy and wants to go home....yet is on fire this season. Ill give him credit there

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 May 2011, 14:19

omg collin, seriously 3 days ago i thought of you as a serious poster, what the hell went wrong man? did you fall and hit your head?

how are you gonna say di maria is better than rooney, when they don't even fit in the same position?

that list is the most random sh*t i've ever read, though who its coming from doesn't suprise me so much, and you're here to second it?

Tevez is not in his best moment, but when he is in form he hass been better than anyone on that list bar messi and ronaldo- and Rooney is in form right now, and if you can't realize he's a top player, even top 10 of the world as strikers right now, then you either are completely retarted, or don't know squat about football - U need to be able to appretiate what a player does besides scoring, which Wayne has also been doing, and when he is in form his worth to the team is just over the top -

How he holds the ball, beats two players, takes shots, switches for 30 yards, his movements, his heart, you really have to have issues if you don't notice how good he is and his value, Chicharito said he was better than Ronaldo a few weeks ago, its a little over the top, but if Ronaldo doesn't get a goal in, he doesn't do sh*t, if rooney doesn't get a goal in, he'll assist, open the field, hold the ball, make deadly passes, do things that open up the defense so much, and to be honest, i'll take Rooney on my TEAM(key word) over Ronaldo any day - Rooney is more worth to a team than Ronaldo is - and probably the top 3 players of the time right now.

put in another way, chicharito one of the players on that absurd list, wouldn't have half the goals he have if it weren't for the spaces Wayne creates for him ..

klc wayne spends about 70% of his energy attacking, and 30% depends when man utd has the ball or not, its his role to pressure the strikers, and we all know he's fit enough to pressure them and then make runs and palys when united has the ball - he is not a central striker, more like a secondary striker, or a false 9, he is behind chicharito to hold the ball and even create plays, u don't understand about football, or your making up excuses to why he's not one of the best, in the 4-4-1-1 united have been playing, he receives the ball, holds it, either passes it, or dribles and shoots, which he does to perfection, he's not gonna get 30+ goals per season, though he might get 20+ like he has a few seasons because he's a player that plays best when in freedom and has options, he's not a pure 9 area man so you can't compare him to Van Nisterlooy or Raul, he's an attacker that will work his nuts off and eventually create space and opportunities because he can dribble well, pass better, and shoot a tremendous strike, he has vision, can hold it, basically making chicharito's job much easier, and apart from that the man scores goals, he is the one of the most complete players i know, fulfilling his tactical role in united, and doing a little more than he has to -

put another way, united without rooney would have been knocked out much earlier in the champions league
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 16 May 2011, 18:50

do what if di maria and rooney are in different positions? im here to say that out of all the possible things you could be good at, passing, dribbling, controling, shooting, tactics i truly think di maria is a better overall player. Ok maybe not chicharito but at the moment hes scoring goals and rooney isn't. Obviously there is no need to get so defensive, when Rooney is in form hes better than most of them but im talking present time here

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 16 May 2011, 19:29

Di Maria is a better overall player than Wayne Rooney?!?! Paha. Cmon dude, you need to watch a little more football.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 16 May 2011, 19:35

^this. Rooney isn't scoring Pretty sure he's got a pretty goal goal/game ratio for this half of the season once he hit form a month or 2 ago he's been doing amazing. Rooney is better than di maria in everything but dribbling. I'm not sure you even watch 5 games a season collin.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 16 May 2011, 19:48

that was a good one nick..not, i probably watch alot more games then you do. Why is everyone on here being such cockheads? are you guys on your period or something? so what if i say something that sounds unusual to you, for all the time you guys respond to my posts with some kind of fuckhead comment you could have been pro's by now. Holy sh*t. It's my opinion and its not changing, im not going to come to your house and say admit di maria is better than rooney or im going to shoot you with this ak47

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 16 May 2011, 20:52

Calm down pet. I was just shocked at how you can honestly believe Di Maria is a better overall player than Rooney, like without trying to sound too offensive, if you watched both players, you would know how good Rooney is. He hasnt been firing on all cylinders this season but if you have seen him often, you would know he is much better than Di Maria. Also, I don't know if that was a joke or not, but how is replying to a comment on a forum when you have already trained for 3 hours and contacted a few clubs, going to hinder ones chances of going pro...

I hope I don't come across as a douche to you, but you come out with some insane and astonishing statements at times, and I feel I have to tell you my opinion. Sorry :/

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 16 May 2011, 21:04

your are not a douche that comment was not directed at you. And for your question that was sarcasm man lol. Ye i come up with a few astonishing statements, but it all seems right in my head. I have watched rooney this season and to be honest he hasn't done much for me he seems to be a little inconsistant with his play, as for Di Maria its the same guy same game pretty much 100% of the time with the exception of barcelona. Again i repeat myself rooney in great form like i have seen him in years past would be a no brainer over di maria

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 16 May 2011, 21:53

collin wrote:your are not a douche that comment was not directed at you. And for your question that was sarcasm man lol. Ye i come up with a few astonishing statements, but it all seems right in my head. I have watched rooney this season and to be honest he hasn't done much for me he seems to be a little inconsistant with his play, as for Di Maria its the same guy same game pretty much 100% of the time with the exception of barcelona. Again i repeat myself rooney in great form like i have seen him in years past would be a no brainer over di maria
somehow i doubt you watch more games than any of us. As far as inconsistent goes that's how we know you don't watch the games he's been amazing and consistently great in his last 15 or so.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 16 May 2011, 22:41

Rooney is better than Di Maria.

Why even go into context on this. Hes the best striker on the planet and would be a brilliant strike partner aswell.

As panch said, Rooney would be one of the first players id pick on my TEAM, because he does wonders for a team.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 17 May 2011, 00:03

Truth be told Di Maria does a lot for the team as well. Even going as far as playing left back on a few occasions. Not only that, but he has also scored some skill-full goals this season.

Him and Oezil are the main people behind cronaldo racking up so many goals this season and tieing the all time leading goal scorer record with 38 goals in the league.

I dont know about finishing and vision but when it comes to dribbling, I think Di Maria is better....no matter the form

Just saying. I aint trying to take sides in this Shrek vs Ratatouille debate

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 17 May 2011, 01:04

TheBrilliance check yer inbox

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 17 May 2011, 23:28

Brilliance, do you live in your own bubble of cum spewed forth over English "football"?

Panchester you are such a cock you know that.

Moaning like a bitch about how "when they are on form blah blah blah..." Means absolute fu** all. Like I said, when Eto'o was on form for his last season in Barca, he was the best striker in the planet, when Ronaldo de lima was in his best form in 1997, he was the best player in the planet. That doesn't mean fu** all now though. However I still think Eto'o is a better player than Rooney.

What exactly is there to appreciate about Wayne Rooney? His off the pitch antics? His loveable face. Guys, he tracks back, wins the ball once and instantly every English fan watching has an orgasm, and when he then sprays the ball to the wings for Valencia to run into the largest acre of space in the UK, everyone dies of joy. He is quite simply the most over-rated player in the world. He had a great season last year, but that doesn't mean anything now, because he hasn't shown any sign of being the same player.

And of course you can compare him to other attackers. If you are an attacker that can only play centre forward, then that instantly takes out out of the top 5 attackers in my opinion, because you need to be versatile. All of the other top players in the world play on the wings on occasion, so should Wayne. He doesn't sometimes anyway, so I don't see where your point is?

If you will take Wayne Rooney over Cristiano Ronaldo then you have serious issues. You just have this thing about Ronaldo because he left your bum buddy Rooney at United :lol: There is a reason no one has put any offers in for Rooney but Ronaldo is the most expensive player to date. Regardless, Ronaldo scores more, creates more. His attitude might be poor, and he might not defend, but everything he is suppose to do, he does leagues better than Rooney ever will.
chicharito one of the players on that absurd list, wouldn't have half the goals he have if it weren't for the spaces Wayne creates for him
This is utter bull sh*t, why does berbatov not have the same goals per game ratio or more than Hernandez then? Watch a United game properly, instead of ball watching like the box standard arm-chair fan that you are, and realise that Rooney's movement off the ball is no where near as clever as Hernandez's. If anything Hernandez makes his own goals, and creates chances for Rooney, only for him to miss.
or a false 9
Wanna compare him with some other false nines? Ronaldo and Messi always play this 9.5 position, and both have more assists and goals than Rooney. If he is such a play maker for the team, why no more assists? If he does so much for the team, then why is United's win ratio with him nearly the same as without him? Compare that with Ronaldo and Messi, both of those players are basically pivotal to how well the team plays, and their chances of winning.
put another way, united without rooney would have been knocked out much earlier in the champions league
Rooney has only played 8 games out of a possible 12 in the champions league, and scored only 3 times. Two of those goals had no effect on the result of the game.