Pretty good day for Manchester

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
bsc
Veteran Member

Pretty good day for Manchester

Post by bsc » 14 May 2011, 16:06

I may hate them, but 19 is pretty historic and all I can say to that is well done.

On the other side I fear, trophy No. 1 is just the beggining for City.

Any other thoughts?
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 May 2011, 17:17

Man City will be more of a joke than Spurs in the Champions League next season. Can't see them getting through the group stages.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 14 May 2011, 17:26

tevez plans to leave this summer i don't see who in the city squad could replace him.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 May 2011, 19:56

Tevez isn't world class anyway. Are they getting back Adebayor in the summer?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 May 2011, 20:16

mmmmm

City wont win squat, they don't even know how they won the fa cup, and they are way overrated -

United are HUGE for winning the 19, 12 for ferguson ang giggs, and thats humougus

And Tevez is your dad klc, he's top 5 strikers when in form, and he almost always is in form - he always goes 150%....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 14 May 2011, 20:17

I don't know i imagine it depends if real madrid want to keep him. Tevez adds something though the man does a lot of work and still put in 19 crosses. I would put him just behind rooney in terms of quality.

styale18

Post by styale18 » 14 May 2011, 20:48

i think tevez is probably the 5th or 6th best striker in the world and i would rather have him than rooney. man city should really try to keep him but if not, they dont need replacement cause they got a sh**load of expensive forwards.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 May 2011, 20:59

nick117 wrote:I don't know i imagine it depends if real madrid want to keep him. Tevez adds something though the man does a lot of work and still put in 19 crosses. I would put him just behind rooney in terms of quality.
Rooney is one of the top 3 right now, and they are different, tevez can beat players better than wayne, but wayne's passing holding the ball and shooting are over the roof - they both have way too much heart -

and adebayor is not staying it has been said a while ago after the web of clasicos

kind of sucks i want him to keep teaching me some kung fu moves for free, but i guess i'll just have to start paying for the lessons-

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 May 2011, 21:56

And Tevez is your dad klc
fu** off panchester :roll:

Top 5 in the world? Seriously?

And Rooney third? He isn't even in the top 15 scorers for the EPL nevermind world.

Eto'o is better than both in my opinion, Van Persie is better than both clearly considering how many games he plays a season. Hernandez and Berbatov are both better than Rooney and Tevez imo. Ronaldo and Messi are clearly better. Villa has been off form for ages, and he is still better than most in the world, including Rooney and tevez, Pedro is a better finisher now than Rooney ever has or will be, Di Maria is a better forward than Rooney and Tevez, Benzema is a better goal scorer than both of them.

I could go on all day listing players who are superior.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 May 2011, 22:08

man klc, i don't know if you watch football with the tv off or what the hell?

if you want in expertfootball we can make a campaign of 20$ each and buy you a new tv so you can come here and share a decent opinion-

how are you gonna say tevez and rooney aren't top 10 strikers when in form ?

di maria isn't even the same position, check stats, and watch a game with rooney and tevez and appretiate how much they change the game for their team, tevez might not be on form at the moment, but he's still a beast, and thats why the bigger teams want him - and rooney, omg, not only goals, but passes, long balls of 30 meters, beats two and assists giggs, stuf like that that he does that are worth so much that no other palyer can imagine doing, is what makes him top 3 strikers of the moment right now -

so don't tell me tevez isn't your dad when he clearly is your daddy, and rooney- no comments, respect your superiors child :lol:

he has 87 on fifa for a reason damn it

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 15 May 2011, 06:49

That was very stubborn klc! :P I'd usually highly admire everything you say on EF, but come on?

Better then Rooney/Tevez?:

Eto'o - no
Van Persie- Who cares about the difference in game time, still easily a no
Hernandez - He's still breaking into the starting 11, and no
Berbatov - pft
Ronaldo/Messi - of cause
Villa - That's as close as you've got so far, but still a no
Pedro - Rooney can finish better, I don't even have to elaborate
Di Maria - As Pan' said, different position, and still a no
Benzema - Getting warmer, but no again.
Everything you need, is already inside.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 15 May 2011, 07:20

Coming from me. Rooney is the best striker in the world. Period.

When Torres had that mega season at Liverpool, I fell in love. On his day the man can score goal after goal after goal, but Id still take Wayne Rooney.

Rooney, aswell as Tevez provide so much for their team. Torres could score and chip in with a few assists, but lacks some of the nouce these two have.

When Rooney is firing aswell he is unstoppable. Etoo is a fine player too as you said Klc.

Ronaldo and Messi arent strikers. As for Di Maria and Pedro...

Youve got some crazy vendetta against the English who whoop your ass! :P

Still havent answered my question in the other thread boooodaaaay

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2011, 14:33

They don't have to be the same position, I was talking about forward in general and I would much rather have any of the players that I listed than Rooney or Tevez.

A year ago Rooney was borderline top striker in the world, however this season he is not the same player. He isn't scoring as much, his passing is over-rated in my opinion, especially seeing as he has a genius like Scholes playing alongside him to demonstrate the difference in class. Tbh this year just seems like everyone has worshipped Rooney again like he is still the best in the world for one overhead kick.

Eto'o- Why not? If we are judging players on what they are capable of, why not judge Eto'o on his last season for Barca? Regardless, he is one of the top scorers in Italy at the moment in a reasonably weakened Inter side.

Van Persie- Was pretty much Barca's only threat in this Champions league campaign up until the Clasico's.

Hernandez- may be only breaking into the team now, but this season he has a better goals per game ratio than Rooney and Berbatov.

Berbatov- top goalscorer in the EPL currently.

Villa- If he hadn't had a dip in form, he would be well into the 30's this season, as things stand however he has still scored far more than Rooney. Also you can factor in that he really shone in the world cup, instead of being an absolute flop like Rooney and Tevez.

Pedro- Look at how much he scores, and the type of goals he scores. Guardiola has said that Pedro is the best finisher at Barca besides Messi. That means he is also better than Villa, who is most definitely a better finisher than Rooney.

Di Maria- Different position, still a far better player. You have to take into consideration that Real madrids front 3 rotate during the game, almost like how Barca's front line play. Creates more goals than Rooney when he drops deep and scores more when he is getting service.

Benzema- rough start to the beginning of the season, but if you see some of the goals he is scoring now that he has settled in and gained a bit of confidence, he is a machine.

Ronaldo/Messi- I don't have to say anything.

Panchester, my TV is probably worth more than your house. Don't try that sh*t on me :shock:

What question Brilliance.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 15 May 2011, 15:58

For Rooney, it's not just the goals that he scores but also everything else he does. He comes back and helps out in defense (always has). He doesn't have to score to be effective. Many of the other strikers you named are only affective when they score. When Rooney's in a good state of mind, he doesn't need to score to be important.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 15 May 2011, 17:43

i have to agree with everything klc has said on this one, rooney and tevez at the moment don't compare to anyone klc has listed. In form they are better than most but not all of them