Liverpool fans burn U.S. flags

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 08 Jun 2010, 19:23

Their owners have their heads up their arses, but I can't believe anyone in the Western World would stoop to such things. Leading experts have described the situation as 'retarded'.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Jun 2010, 19:29

Why only in the Western World?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 08 Jun 2010, 19:31

You're right in a way, panchester. But this is the sort of thing you hear about happening all the time in protests in the Third World. While sad, you sort of accept that that's how they handle things and that it may be justified, what with conflicts on their soil and such.

But there are other ways to express your distaste for foreign owners in England than flag burning.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 08 Jun 2010, 19:52

There are some classless people out there. Some of them support Man Utd, some support Liverpool, some support Real Madrid, some support Chelsea.

The classless people that supports Man Utd, they chant about the deaths of 96(Hillsborough), or chant other stuff like “We won the champions league without killing anyone”(reference to Heysel where some people died), or chants like “are you watching Merseyside” when they’re winning a game, which is pretty small time.
While that may be true, what also is true is that United also have American owners (and I'd say that United fans have been more outspoken about their dislike for the Glazers) and United fans, up until this point, have not burned any US flags, so take it for what it's worth.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 08 Jun 2010, 19:56

Rome_Leader wrote:You're right in a way, panchester. But this is the sort of thing you hear about happening all the time in protests in the Third World. While sad, you sort of accept that that's how they handle things and that it may be justified, what with conflicts on their soil and such.

But there are other ways to express your distaste for foreign owners in England than flag burning.
If you're living in a nation where you are truely oppressed (and not in the way whinning bitches in North America and Europe think they're oppressed) I could see destroying your own nations flag to show disgust and to "disown" your nation (or what it's become). Flags being defaced in tiananmen square and situations like that since I think it's the biggest way to say "we love our nation, but this flag isn't representing "our" nation anymore" but thats about the only circumstances I think it's not crossing a line.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 09 Jun 2010, 09:56

panchester07 wrote:I have to admit that makes a lot of sense, and i would say its true..and Ward man, wheres your sense of humor? I think i'm done making jokes on EF :(
Sorry man, I didn't know you were making a joke, by all means, carry on with them :P

Hugh
Veteran Member

Re: Liverpool fans burn U.S. flags

Post by Hugh » 09 Jun 2010, 13:46

Croatianblood1 wrote: a group of terrorists or extremists but not football fans.
I lol'd

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 13 Jun 2010, 12:07

soccer11 wrote:
There are some classless people out there. Some of them support Man Utd, some support Liverpool, some support Real Madrid, some support Chelsea.

The classless people that supports Man Utd, they chant about the deaths of 96(Hillsborough), or chant other stuff like “We won the champions league without killing anyone”(reference to Heysel where some people died), or chants like “are you watching Merseyside” when they’re winning a game, which is pretty small time.
While that may be true, what also is true is that United also have American owners (and I'd say that United fans have been more outspoken about their dislike for the Glazers) and United fans, up until this point, have not burned any US flags, so take it for what it's worth.
Cant compare em both. Coz as much as it pains me to say this, Man Utd fans dont have to endure the pain of finishing 7th, and not playing in the champions league next season, and having their coach gone all at the same time.

A guy who just got robbed, and a guy who just had his whole family killed, both by the same guy, arent gonna have the same spectrum of emotions and hate towards the same guy. So their actions would differ too.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Jun 2010, 01:58

Holy sh*t you stun me wanderer. What a good way to put things, for the second time, post after post I agree with you.

But liverpool still ahve a little more of scum people than the rest of the clubs, that law applies for everyother club with the exeption of liverpool
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 16 Jun 2010, 16:27

ninjafootballer

Post by ninjafootballer » 17 Jun 2010, 14:48

HAHA THEY WERE SOOO FUNNY!
especially the second one,
it's my flag, I'll do what I want with it!