Why are we(Man Utd) in such big debt?

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 03 Mar 2010, 08:21

baaaah I doubt that anyone will buy it. Specially if they are asking for donations to go about it. They need a serious investor, which is hard to find at this time.. But bsc and I agreed, that heck, being in debt but playing well is absolutely worth it man!!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

CanadianGiggs11

Post by CanadianGiggs11 » 13 Mar 2010, 20:33

Why are Manchester United in such debt?

Maybe because of the Glaziers that took over couple years ago, and they are just kicking the club farther down in debt. Part of being a good owner for a team like Man United is to not get into so much debt. I think they get rid Glaziers and keep Manchester United England owned.

Now being in debt of billions usually, they try to bandage this by selling some of our favorites like maybe Wayne Rooney, Vidic, or even Ferindand. So it's just a loss for us, Glaziers don't give to flying hoots about the fans and the players.

I'm down with the yellow and green.

jessclark92

Post by jessclark92 » 01 Apr 2010, 04:05

Kinda shocking....

"In a brief statement issued this morning, United confirmed that they have accepted Real's offer, while stipulating that the deal must be wrapped up by June 30.The statement said: "Manchester United have received a unconditional offer of £65 million for Wayne Rooney from Real Madrid.

After discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player. Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June. The club will not comment until further notice.

As a club with debts exceeding £700m, the money set to be received for Rooney proved too much to turn down, but much of that money is now likely to be reinvested in new signings."
Ronaldo impersinating Arsen Wenger

Rooney thinking: should I laugh or should I punch him?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 01 Apr 2010, 04:10

jessclark92 wrote:Kinda shocking....

"In a brief statement issued this morning, United confirmed that they have accepted Real's offer, while stipulating that the deal must be wrapped up by June 30.The statement said: "Manchester United have received a unconditional offer of £65 million for Wayne Rooney from Real Madrid.

After discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player. Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June. The club will not comment until further notice.

As a club with debts exceeding £700m, the money set to be received for Rooney proved too much to turn down, but much of that money is now likely to be reinvested in new signings."
Disturbing.

Where did you see that?

fu**ing glazer

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 01 Apr 2010, 04:10

accepting anything less than twice what they paid for ronaldo would be a crime of treason.

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 01 Apr 2010, 09:09

:oops:

What's the date, guys?

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 01 Apr 2010, 11:51

After some quick research it seems most news outlets are saying United have declined the bid for Rooney. Pretty much refused to give up Rooney no matter what.

Now Madrid are being Linked with Sergio Aguero and Pato.

I don't think any reputable news sources have said United even consdered the 65 milllion bid.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 01 Apr 2010, 12:33

Theyd never sell rooney i dont think, hes too valuable for them.
i was made to ignite

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 01 Apr 2010, 14:41

To be honest, I had many doubts about the credibility of the news and whatnot, but since it was quite late I just trusted what this lad said.. Any other day I would have done multiple searches, and I was a bit surprised that I hadn't heard a word about it, but I though "hell its real madrid we are talking about, anything can happen".....

So glad the myth is false...

And I'm not sure if Rooney would just switch teams like that?

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 01 Apr 2010, 15:44

I personally believe Rooney would rather chew off his own testicles before he played for Real Madrid over United.

He is a loyal player, and he is going to be at United for a long period of time.

The club is getting a take over at the end of the season so the glaziers have to fu** off and don't get a say in what goes in the club. The new owners are 200% for the club, which is brilliant. We will have the same sort of ownership that Real Madrid have so corrupt owners is never going to be a problem again.

Its reckoned that Ronaldo may be making a move back to United in the future. Has anyone else heard this? Ferguson said in a interview for skysports that Ronaldo still rings him every day and is always interested in how the club is doing and speaks to all his friends in the club. Id love to see Ronaldo back to be honest, he should have never left, fu**ing Glaziers...

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 01 Apr 2010, 16:15

I honestly don't think the Glaziers failings really had that much to do with Ronaldo leaving. He desperately wanted to play for Real Madrid.

I hope he'll return to United one day...

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 01 Apr 2010, 16:19

april fools! right?

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 01 Apr 2010, 16:43

scottS4 wrote:april fools! right?
Haha its shameful that it took 7 posters to cop that :D
Last edited by NewBornProdigy on 01 Apr 2010, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 01 Apr 2010, 17:05

7? :wink:

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 01 Apr 2010, 21:51

What's the date, guys?
Haha Thats even worse, that they didn't figure it! (It would shame me to bits if he actually ened up in Madrid next season)