Why are we(Man Utd) in such big debt?

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
panchester07
Veteran Member

Why are we(Man Utd) in such big debt?

Post by panchester07 » 23 Jan 2010, 19:09

Really in the last years we have won 3 premiers, 2 carlings, 1 champions league, runner ups in the last one (gets loads of money for that too)..

I dont why we have to be in such debt? What could we have done? With all the shirts sold, everyweek 76,000 people go watch games at the old trafford, the trophies won, etc, etc.. Why did we even have to sell Ronaldo.. yes the debt, but from what?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 23 Jan 2010, 19:20

That really speaks to your problems then, doesn't it? :P You can't get much more successful, yet you still can't pay the bills.

I'm an outsider looking in, but my first instinct would have to be salaries. Paying all those big names can't be easy for any club, especially when you don't have a big name billionaire running your club. You have to pay Rooney, Vidic and all those guys, plus pay Fergie's salary. The stadium upkeep must be a fortune. Maybe money is just not coming in from the top for whatever reason, and that's what you need the most.

Could be hemorrhaging money somewhere else for whatever reason, but I have no knowledge of that.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Jan 2010, 19:40

Well, the salaries could be it, the stadium could be it as well, but all the other teams have these same expenses and you dont see them selling players...

Look at chelsea for christ sake, Ballack, Drogba, Anelka, John Terry, Frankie Lampard, hell everybody there collects inmense salaries, they also have to Mantain Stamford Bridge, and Pay Ancelloti.. Idk, I think all the teams cover up their expenses with what they sell(tickets, shirts, etc)

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 23 Jan 2010, 21:46

Chelsea are funded by a Russian Billionare. If Abramovich ever wants out, and a buyer with just as much money as him can't be found, they'll have to have a fire sale. They have personal debt, because he can pay it all off if he wanted to, while manchester united has business debt.

Over the summer Arsenal sold Adebayor and Kolo Toure for more than they were worth, and only managed to get a single player (Vermaelen) for around 6 milllion. A good bit of business, but the construction of the Emirates is too much debt for Arsenal to handle. We pretend to have money, but I think Wenger really would spend it if he had it.

It's a growning trend in football that a team needs a major owner to be sucessful in the long run.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 23 Jan 2010, 22:16

Manchester United the football club is not in debt.

The owners of Manchester United Football Club are in debt.

So obviously theres in inherent pressure on the club.

Any profit thats made by the club, gets sucked away to pay the owners debt.

The owners told Ferguson to sell Ronaldo last season so that they could get more of their debt rid of. Ferguson wanted to keep him, why wouldn't he hes the best player in the world...

And thats also true about chelsea...Chelsea would be in so much debt if their owner left, but he has a mountain of cash, he has no reason to leave, chelsea is just a little bit of fun for him.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Jan 2010, 23:43

So because the Glazers bought Man United the richest club at the time when they bought it, but now they are having financial problems, they use the club too fix THEIR personal financial issues? In how many ways is that messed up?

Why is football becoming a busines?

Why dont they just sell it then?

I much rather have a muslim owner that wants to buy .. Messi, Kaka, Robinho, Brad Pitt, and all the stars than have this duchebag

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 23 Jan 2010, 23:46

I don't want a owner who buys all the stars because then we're just as bad as the scum we hate, such as Chelsea and Real Madrid.

I just want a owner that has the club and takes at the most a very minimal ammount of profit every year and lets the club florish with whatever else it earns.

The glaziers are american c**ts tbh, i wish they never bought it, the reason they bought it was because they were in debt, and they realised they could get out of debt if they bought manchester united and then sucked all its profit away into their bottomless debt.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Jan 2010, 23:49

klc123 wrote:I don't want a owner who buys all the stars because then we're just as bad as the scum we hate, such as Chelsea and Real Madrid.

I just want a owner that has the club and takes at the most a very minimal ammount of profit every year and lets the club florish with whatever else it earns.

The glaziers are american c**ts tbh, i wish they never bought it, the reason they bought it was because they were in debt, and they realised they could get out of debt if they bought manchester united and then sucked all its profit away into their bottomless debt.
Gotcha, I think I heard they also own like an american football team etc.. They dont give a fu** about Man U do they ? All they care is money money money.... They should get sackeddd jajaja

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 23 Jan 2010, 23:52

Sadly football at the top level is all about money and business, not just about the game anymore, i dont think it should be but i doubt thats going to change anytime soon.
i was made to ignite

amu86

Post by amu86 » 24 Jan 2010, 00:12

now you see why they sold ronaldo

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 24 Jan 2010, 00:20

I don't want a owner who buys all the stars because then we're just as bad as the scum we hate, such as Chelsea and Real Madrid.
Well technically, Madrid doesnt have an owner. Its owned by socios, or in layman's term, club members who chip in a few bucks from their pockets, which collectively pays for the club and its expenses. Ofcourse the money cashed in from tickets and shirt sales is an added bonus.

The socios vote for a president who runs the club for them so basically the idea of ownership is a club of the people, for the people, by the people.

Dont know about other leagues, but barca and various other teams in La liga like Valencia, Atletico, atheletic and Osasuna handle their ownership and money matters in the same manner as well.
Last edited by shahensha on 24 Jan 2010, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 24 Jan 2010, 00:20

I will tell you that the American football team they own is one of the shittiest in the league - far beyond help. You can't buy a fix in American football anyway.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 24 Jan 2010, 00:23

Ronaldo would have left even if they weren't in debt. Even rich men desire more money and the money real madrid offered probably would only be ignored from rivals or Man City

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 24 Jan 2010, 00:24

2brown347 wrote:Ronaldo would have left even if they weren't in debt. Even rich men desire more money and the money real madrid offered probably would only be ignored from rivals or Man City
I doubt even man city would reject that much money for a player.
i was made to ignite

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Jan 2010, 00:29

mint wrote:
2brown347 wrote:Ronaldo would have left even if they weren't in debt. Even rich men desire more money and the money real madrid offered probably would only be ignored from rivals or Man City
I doubt even man city would reject that much money for a player.
If it would have depended on Fergie, he would still be playing for us.. Fergie wouldnt have sold him for 200 million..

But since it depended on Glazer, a man in deep debt he saw a couple 0s, and automatically sold teh man..