The Gunners Thread

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 13 Mar 2011, 01:48

It was a question. Obviously, it was a bit too much to handle for some.

I can see how someone's nationality would bring them between two national teams. I'm Dutch, although born in the US. I get that and not even questioning that. I'm not a 2 club person so I was wondering if in fact he did supporter Barca/United, who would he pull for in a CL tie? That was the point of the whole question.

here's a map of what happened:

I assumed he supported Barca(Round of 16 thread)
\
He informed me he didn't
/
I said Ok and all is fine in the world

Sure sounds like I do have jealousy issues.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Mar 2011, 18:27

Oh....so you're a Barca AND United fan huh? That's fine if you are but I've just never understood someone that divides loyalities...even to a different team in a different league.
A rhetorical statement is not the same as a question. And please I beg you, do not attempt to be condescending to either me, or anyone else on this forum.

I never stated you had jealousy problems, but the fact that you picked up on that out of a whole post might suggest so.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 13 Mar 2011, 19:17

klc123 wrote:
Oh....so you're a Barca AND United fan huh? That's fine if you are but I've just never understood someone that divides loyalities...even to a different team in a different league.
A rhetorical statement is not the same as a question. And please I beg you, do not attempt to be condescending to either me, or anyone else on this forum.

I never stated you had jealousy problems, but the fact that you picked up on that out of a whole post might suggest so.

and people wonder why there is a small number of new posters on this forum....only to drop off in a very short time.

Re-read the "question". I said, "if you were" implying I was unsure of the situation. After it was established that he was not a Barca fan, I said....that's fine and it was confusing by the manner he lobbied for them in the Round of 16 thread. At that point...I said consider that a rhetorical question(ie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question) as more of a probing "Why/How would someone decide who to pull for if those teams met head-to-head?". At that point, I wasn't expecting a reply for him...not anyone in regards to club teams. We discussed the national team situation, which is straight-forward.

I wouldn't be so condescending to you if you didn't try to act as his mouthpiece. Let people speak for themselves and things work beautifully. Look back a couple posts, it's settled. In my experience of reading many of you're replies here....you're quick to dish it out but can't take one ounce of criticism.

The fact you can't let anything go that's already gone(again, the misunderstanding between me and HIM) speaks volumes to me.

As much as I know about myself and the little I know about you, neither one of us are wrong. Let's just end it at that.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Mar 2011, 22:00

I'm not trying to act as anyone's mouth piece, although I admit I did butt into your discussion, but this is a forum, open discussions are the whole point of forums.

But yeah your right, it would be best to drop it.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 14 Mar 2011, 02:16

Yes it would be best to drop it and get back on topic :)
i was made to ignite

styale18

Post by styale18 » 06 Jul 2011, 01:35

any other gooners nervous this summer??

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 28 Aug 2011, 16:54

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd have thrown up just now. No excuse. How disgraceful.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Met

Post by Met » 28 Aug 2011, 17:10

Today I decided to take a day off and just relax and watch Manchester United play some football. Turns out, so did the Arsenal players.

How did Jenkinson get sent off and Arshavin didn't?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 28 Aug 2011, 17:46

For years Arsene and company have been criticizing the rest of the league for failing to play proper football. Today, they decided to stop too.

No one knows! It's probably just as well, though, or the result might've been more horrific.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

mrbeankid22

Post by mrbeankid22 » 28 Aug 2011, 17:52

What a sack of sh*t. I won't even comment on this game besides the fact that it is a lose lose. I would have rather seen Arsenal lose, maybe 2-0, 3-1 and motivated Wenger to sign someone for sure. Now, clubs will double their asking prices as to seeing how desperate we are.

Only item of consolement is that Arsenal were essentially playing with a reserve side in comparison to what they had last year.

- Song
- Vermaelen
- Sagna
- Clichy
- Nasri
- Wilshere
- Cesc

Arsenal will need to sign at least 3 quality players and hope a miracle occurs in which 90% of the team remains fit, or else we could be looking at a mid table finish.

This is of course, taking nothing away from United's brilliant goals today. Both goals from Young, Rooney's free kicks, everything.

styale18

Post by styale18 » 28 Aug 2011, 23:28

I didn't see the game but I didn't need to to know that they were
disgraceful. I think wenger has to go. It might be a bit dramatic but I'm tired of hearing him say that his team is good enough to win the premier league when they can't even win the carling cup. Arsenal should replace him with guus hiddink. I think arsenal should also buy pepe, lass diarra, kompany, and kaka on a loan.... I don't think they need players like park chu young to replace nasri and fabregas

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 29 Aug 2011, 03:27

pepe, diarra, komany, and kaka... do you even know how transfer work? or hell what kind of players arsenal can get and use. kaka would be a terrible buy, pepe and diarra would never go. and kompany would need a huge pay decrease and that's won't happen. as it stands arsenal looks like 6th place club, it's going to take work and these players sure won't drop down club places.

styale18

Post by styale18 » 30 Aug 2011, 19:10

yeah nick i do. these transfers may be impossible but arsenal need players of proven quality, not players like hazard or m'vila.arsenal is in pretty good shape financially so maybe it can handle some high wages. kaka would provide plenty of creativity, which arsenal certainly doesnt get from ramsey, arshavin, walcott, rosicky. im also kind of desperate to see wenger make top signings.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 30 Aug 2011, 19:43

kaka has never been in the epl and he's a shadow of himself at madrid, he could be like plenty of other top signings and just be the most expensive flop ever.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 30 Aug 2011, 19:52

I'd 8 2 be an Arsenal fan