Man. United vs. Chelsea

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
bsc
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:Oh my. I expect a lot of Mancs will be screaming bloody murder after what Gerrard did just now. Totally uncharacteristic... Gifting it to Drogba or not, what the hell was that?
Honestly dawg, its not really a surprise. I remember this same thing happening twice. Once against France in the Euro and then against Arsenal many years back. He cant pull off a back-pass.
Yeah, back in 2006 he set up Henry beautifully for a calm and collected goal. Stevie G should know not to pass backwards by now.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

klc123
Veteran Member

The only time he can pick out a decent threw ball is when it's for the other team these days.

Thing is, Chelsea think they've won the league now, id laugh if they slip up at home to Wigan next week :L

panchester07
Veteran Member

Wigan has shyte defense(imo), but a good attack..

Our chances of winning the league at the moment are like 80/20 or lesser.. I don't see Chelsea not scoring 3 goals on Wigan to be honest, judging by how they've been playing lately... Though before the Gerard mistake today, they hadn't done much at all...

Maybe Wigan can pull of a tie, maybe a coconut last minute deflection, or pk in a close game,who knows, its still possible, but I don't see Wigan going to Stamford and just dancing with Chelsea..

Just gotta wait and see..

Key moment of the season was the tie vs Blackburn, if we had won that easy game, we wouldn't have to be chasing and depending on others like homosexuals..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Could say the same about Chelsea's Blackburn result. Maybe they hold the key to the title. :p

panchester07
Veteran Member

Chelsea are champions of the English Premier League... Congratulations to them and their followers... Till next league..

Ward9310

Bastards.

Nothing we could do though, we did our job by thrashing Stoke. It's a pity that Wigan bent over for them.

soccer11
Admin

I'm not too upset about it I guess. I had already come to terms with Chelsea winning as I gave very little chance to Wigan beating them. At the beginning of the season, not a lot of people were giving United a chance because c.ronaldo left so to be in it til the end and only losing out by one point isn't bad in my books (though winning would obviously have been better). We'll see what happens over the off season and who we bring in. United will surely be in the mix again next year.

panchester07
Veteran Member

No doubt..Sounds dependant, but we lost Rooney in a key moment, and he never came back in the same level.. In fact, I don't he has scored since the away tie vs Bayern Munchen... If he wouldn't have gotten injured it would have been a different story... Man U was 1st in the league till we hurt himself...

Maybe a striker durring this transfer window?

Maybe boot Berbatov? In the ass? For good?

What do y'all think about Carrick?

I loved Fletcher, Nani, Valencia, Rooney, Evra this season.. For me, the best 5 of our team.. Vidic was great also

We lost like men, 1 point down, we fought till the end, and never gave up, way to hustle!

We should take note about where we lost those easy points, (BLACKBURN) and try to fix this for next season..

soccer11
Admin

I would love to get Zlatan but that might be just because I love Zlatan. I think a more realistic approach would've been going to Villa though he might already be signed so we'll have to see. We definitely need a striker though.
I agree about Berbatov. He needs to go.

I personally don't care for Carrick and I feel that if Hargreaves was healthy, he would've been first choice over Carrick.
I don't remember who said it a few months back, (it was either Hugh or Magicfeet) but let's say Real don't want Kaka anymore, and United would sign him I would greatly welcome that move. I don't think that'll happen though but we need an attacking midfielder. Anderson doesn't seem to be working out (though I still think he'll be a very good player one day)

Magicfeet

Wasn't me.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Ward9310 wrote:Bastards.

Nothing we could do though, we did our job by thrashing Stoke. It's a pity that Wigan bent over for them.
Bent over? You clearly didn't watch the game. Fantastic hit to open it by Anelka, and it was all one way traffic from there, clearly showing Chelsea's drive to win. They didn't hold back even at 2-0, and continued to press. Wigan obviously weren't helped by being down to 10 men.

For heaven's sake, take your shortcoming like a man, and don't go putting the blame on Wigan for not being competitive. They certainly were, as much as they could've been. Maybe if United deserved the title this year, they wouldn't be depending on others.

klc123
Veteran Member

I agree...it shouldn't have been a sending off, and some would argue it wasn't even a penalty. Up until the penalty Wigan were still in the game, and Anelka was supposedly offside, haven't seen many replays though.

End of the day, United were sh*t this year throwing away points at games they shouldn't have, and they didn't deserve to win anything this year.

Berbatov. Out.
Carrick. Out.
Park. Out.
Giggs. Maybe Retire.

We need a striker, and a right back. We also need a good Centre midfielder, although Hargreaves is coming back soon. We simply put, need another super star if we want to compete in the champions league.

And no thanks to Ibra, in my opinion he's a flop at Barcelona and I know he scored good goals for Inter, but he doesn't do it for Barcelona, and I'm not one to rate players on how good they used to be. Villa would be perfect.

Magicfeet

You should definitely keep hold of Park. He may not have the glamour or flair that you want at Old Trafford, but he would be an asset to any squad.

Berbatov should go if you can get decent money/a good replacement. Carrick isn't dynamic enough for my liking. Giggs is a good player to have in the squad... I wouldn't want him to retire quite yet if I was a United fan.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Its true. Park is a very reliable player to have as a back up.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I'm glad we lost like men.. Even though we lost easy points..

When was the last time a team lost in the premier by a point? Usually towards the end the gap between first and second was atleast 5-6 points, for the second team always gives up in the ending fixtures!

We hustled all the way through the end, 110% and we didn't give up, to what already seemed like an impossible mission.. We lost the league by a point, and carried on with a often incomplete United, with injured players, anyone remember the game that Carrick and Fletcher where central defenders?

Fair play to Chelsea, but both of these teams last season would have lost to that old United imo.. Both lost quite a good amount of winnable games..

I think we are excellent the way we are.. I would get a right wing man, maybe a central midfielder, and another striker.. The priority is the striker to combine with Rooney and have him score like 15 goals this season.. With 15 more goals this season we would have done so much.. I remind you the aggregate vs Bayern Munchen was 4-4 ...

A right wing man - Cause Neville is old, and Rafael is young and stupid (will be a good player in 3 seasons).. Though O'shea might be fit and in form next season...

A striker - to mix up with Rooney, Rooney can't score ALL the goals, though he was doing it for a while, something was bound to happen it was just to good to be true, in a point he had like 15 goals in 9 matches, 14 of them with his head he was just on fire.. Could be a young striker, one of them that likes to run all game and is all hyper, doesn't need to be a star like Villa or Ibra, we already have a star.. I can't say who, but Ferguson has a better eye than all of us and he can see one.. A striker is a priority... Search in Italy, Spain, England, Netherlands, Germany, there has to be a striker that scores 15-20 goals per season and that can compliment Rooney well.. Who knows maybe Rooney - Crouch do awesome in the World Cup and Fergie decides to bring that giraffe over....

I'd say with solid defending, not as much mistakes, and good attacking like we had most of the season, we can be giants in Europe again