Man. United vs. Chelsea

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
shahensha
Veteran Member

To be honest, I will be extremely surprised if Valencia finally lets go of Villa after putting up a sign "Hey, who wants to buy amazing striker?" and then acting oblivious to such a thing every year.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Wow great win today for Man UTD, I know I'm a few hours late to talk aboutt this, but was it amazing or what? Scholes saved the day in the last minute, so typical of him.. Also, this is the second time Man UTD beats Manchester City this season in the last seconds of the game, amazing.

Then, I wait a few hours and watch the Tottenham vs Chelsea game and watch the blues loose... I can't help but think, what would have happened if we didn't tie Blackburn last week....

Anyway now we are just 1 point away and Chelsea still has Liverpool.. 3 more matches in which they have to win, because I know Man U will.. Rooney's back and fit (imo) though I don't know if he's playing with cortisone or some type of sedant...

In the first half Man U was better, the second City was a bit stronger and more attacking, but we got the goal so, football's never fair.. Though they say "if you don't score them, you see how they score them on you" and thats what happened to City..

Man UTD fixtures:
vs Tottenham home
vs Sunderland away
vs Stoke home

Chelsea fixtures
vs Stoke City home
vs Liverpool away
vs Wigan home

Technically speaking, they could both loose points in the way, or both win all the games... I strongly believe Chelsea will have to work real hard if they wanna beat Liverpool in Stamford bridge as Liverpool always seems to biggen themselves against the top 4 teams.. Wigan already beat chelsea this season aswell, and who's to say they wont play a strong match against em this time?

Man U, is the team that's chasing, they will have that motivation to win all the games, an aim the highest, they shoot for the lead vs Chelsea is in the lead and granted they will play there asses of, mind-wise, Man U has the advantage in all the games that they are a point a way from the Lead and they must win.. This will help, though Tottenham can complicate things, a well organized Man U will beat em... Nor sunderland or Stoke worry me one bit..

Many things can be said, many things can happen, the only thing that is sure is that NOTHING is guaranteed, Chelsea can win this easily, or Man U can win it in the last fixture.. Its easy to mess up at the end, with so much pressure, and Liverpool could fu** Chelsea up, they beat Man U last season 1-4 in Old Trafford when Man U was playing best football in Europe..

So heres to not knowing what the hell will happen!!

Fun Fact: in 4 days, Tottenham beat Arsenal, and Chelsea. Do they diserve a trophy for this or what? Not only did they beat 2 of the 3 biggest team's in England, they also did Man U a huge favour 8) .
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

I'm more worried about stoke and wigan than liverpool. Out of both teams Man U has the hardest game with Tottenham

panchester07
Veteran Member

Tottenham will take care of itself.. I know its all speculation, but I'm positive Man U with the desperation they have for tittles, and to win the league, and with Rooney back, they'll win comfortably.. Actually I don't know how Chelsea managed to loose today.. Totenham is playing spectacular, but they're excellent form WILL come to an end.. Its just a prediction we will just have to wait and see if it comes true or not..

Liverpool is the hardest game out of all of the mentioned above, no doubt. It being in Liverpool, and Liverpool having the best fans in England imo, any teams leg will shake before stepping in that pitch.. Liverpool when challenged, responds, when they have it comfortably they tend to slip up and make mistakes.. But like I said, every match for Liverpool against the top 4 team's is a final.. If I were to chose between playing Tottenham and Liverpool for my team, I would chose totenhamm everytime .. In fact, even if it was Tottenham away, and Liverpool at home I would chose Totenham away.. They just play so good.. And they will give Chelsea hell.. With Torres in the form he is, he has fantastic stats and is scoring goals every match.. ( I know he's injured, but he's back for the Chelsea game for sho).. its just something a fan knows.. Liverpool will play 10 out of 10, to their limit, like if there where no tomorrow, like if there lives depended on it.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I'd pick Liverpool over spurs aswell... 3 years ago. Spurs have been getting better and better every year and liverpool have been getting worse, the standings show this. It was once said on these forums that liverpool - Steven G and Torres = Leeds. Even with Torres back they're a shadow of the squad they were a few years ago.

oscarjackson

That game was incredible. the last 10 mins so so tense u just knew there was a goal coming.
i think if we won blackburn the players would have had a completely different mind set in city game, so the game would have been different too. and seeing as it was so close maybe it was good thing?
anyway im looking forward to the next 3 weeks

2brown347
Veteran Member

oscarjackson wrote:That game was incredible. the last 10 mins so so tense u just knew there was a goal coming.
i think if we won blackburn the players would have had a completely different mind set in city game, so the game would have been different too. and seeing as it was so close maybe it was good thing?
anyway im looking forward to the next 3 weeks
I actually think if you beat Blackburn you might not have won. That loss gave them the kick in the ass needed to level their egos and get sh*t done. Whats Man U gonna do when the old dogs club finally leave them on their own.

panchester07
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:I'd pick Liverpool over spurs aswell... 3 years ago. Spurs have been getting better and better every year and liverpool have been getting worse, the standings show this. It was once said on these forums that liverpool - Steven G and Torres = Leeds. Even with Torres back they're a shadow of the squad they were a few years ago.
I thought it was Ratherton who said Liverpool with no Torres and no Stevie G = Stoke..

If you don't recall, it was 1 year ago that Liverpool was second or first all second half of the season, that only means they were the second best team in England.. They also where in wuarter finals in the UEFA.. Liverpool is a team to be feared..

They've been a shadow for a while, it ain't new news, but honestly like I said, they tie and loose to mid-table teams, but against top 4 they always seem to comeback..

The year they won the UCL, they finished 5th, that goes to show they're a whole different team in big matches.. They always end up, with like 14 losses in a season, but in the classics, derby's and important matches they find that power to win... In 2007 again, I remember clearly they were forth or third, and they were in the final of the UCL...

They beat Man U in the first game, 2-0 comfortbaly, and beat Arsenal on one of the games if I don't mistake...

Here's an equation for you..

Liverpool vs top 4 teams of any country = SUPER Liverpool
Liverpool vs mid-table team = sh*tty Liverpool

shahensha
Veteran Member

As a centre midfielder, I say with absolute bias that their form went to the dogs this season because they didnt have a replacement for alonso.

2brown347
Veteran Member

My point is that people compare Liverpool and Spurs and instantly say "Liverpool has a better chance of beating __________", but their only real reason for saying so is because Liverpools rep. The truth is (expecially in the EPL) that the "top 4" are getting weaker, and the "mid-table teams" are getting stronger.

panchester07
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:My point is that people compare Liverpool and Spurs and instantly say "Liverpool has a better chance of beating __________", but their only real reason for saying so is because Liverpools rep. The truth is (expecially in the EPL) that the "top 4" are getting weaker, and the "mid-table teams" are getting stronger.
Who cares what people do? I wasn't saying cause of their rep they're gonna be a harder contender, I said, that because when they play Chelsea, Man U, and Arsenal they see it as a classic, they always play way better than the rest of the season.. Interesting phenomena, but it happens, and thats what I was basing myself on when I said liverpool is gonna be the stronger rival..and i'm sure they will.

Its a logical thing though, don't player work their ass of a bit more when they play their all time rivals? The team that eliminated them in the UCL a year ago, but that they beat the year before that? A team that has a player that spat on one of your men, a team that constantly talks sh*t? A team that has been wanting to kill you in that field, for 70 years? Its not just another match for them, they play 100% better in these matches, cause thats basically what Liverpool is.. A team with heart, a team with motivation, a team comeback "YNWA" thats all that liverpool is about, winning spectacularly, playing to the limit, surpsing people, not giving up, all that pool Spirit come's out in classics,and if you check the stats, liverpool ends up winning many of them..

shahensha
Veteran Member

That is pretty much true for any rivalry. Take the parakeets of Espanyol or the hotspurs of Tottenham for example. Even though their technical abilities are not up to par with their eternal rivals, they got a good result against them because they played as if their lives were at stake. Thats why form and predictions go out the window whenever there are rivalries involved cause anything can happen.

As for Liverpool, there is absolutely no doubt that they have been on the slide for a couple of years. Ofcourse many tv pundits disregarded that and predicted liverpool would win the league before this season began. That prediction met with a failure of epic proportions but one cant blame them because its the mighty liverpool. Due to liverpool's dignified status in the english league, no one would have honestly predicted them to become a laughing stock.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Torres out for 6 weeks, therefore missing the match vs Chelsea.. This changes things quite a bit.. Is Gerrard fit? If not, Liverpool will defenitly not be as threatening, and will be a lot more like Stoke, or Leeds. And we all Hate leeds scum :D:D!

3-1 to Tottenham, told you I wasn't worried about them.. We'll see how chelsea does tomorrow vs stoke... bad vibrations bad vibrations 8)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Today's match review: Man U played better the whole game, we didn't really miss Rooney, though it would have been nice to have him there.. Nani is a beast, he is a hyper player that always wants to receive the ball and create action, he can beat players really well.. Today, he scored probably the best goal for Man U in the whole league, a through ball pass that he 1st touched it past a defender and chipped the keeper with true brilliance, wonderful goal..
Evra, Valencia, Rafael and Nani, where running and making plays to try to assist Berbatov all day, he missed atleast 3-4 CLEAR ones.. The game had been mostly for United when the first goal came.. Berbatov, that already was playing a terrible game, received a ball and faked he was gonna pass it when he started dribbling , he beat a man and kept dribbling(in slowmo) to the box, where he heel passed it to Evra that was brought down..

Giggs easily converted that penalty into a goal.. A few more chances for United, and then Tottenham gets a corner, the camera focuses Ledley King, and then zooms out when the corner is taking, the defender jumps like a meter high and heads the ball in, excellent header excellent goal..

United isn't discouraged, keeps attacking, keeps possesing, keeps playing quick English football, and imposing their game. Pass to Nani, he beats a defender in the box, shoots, oh so close.. Nani had like 3 of these where he beat a player in the box and shot they whre either blocked by Gomes, or very close.. Finally, in the 80th minute Nani scores the wonder goal I posted above... He celebrates really hard, so does Ferguson, and Rooney that watches from the Box he was watching the game at... Nani seems to leave his mouth open like looking for oxygen cause he has been running a lot...

Counter attack, its Nani versus two, and at full speed pretends to be going one way, and goes the other way, beats a man, manages to get into the box when he's broguht down.. PK that Giggs transformed into a goal with proffesionalism.. In my opinion, Nani should have taken that penalty because of how hard he was working... Maybe he doesn't care about goals that much...

In cyber-langague, Tottenham got owned.

United won, and it could have been more with all honesty..
Impressions:
Berbatov seems to have an amazing talent to throw away goals man.. Honestly, he misses so many sitters, its not even funny, fu**ing pittyful and I would have him out, and replaced..

Nani, is a pimp, he doesn't tire, he runs all game, he always does something benneficial, helps defensively, and creates the most game offensively, in 3 seconds he can beat a man, and take a shot, his shooting is excellent and so is his dribbling, praise to him.. He can beat players SO WELL.. If Ronaldo was the best player in the world, then Nani can be it to, I see the same characteristics of Ronaldo in Nani, and even better, he just needs to be a bit more ambitious, and actually make an effort to be the best.. He already is really good, but he needs to aim to be the best, not just to do his job and assist and score here or there, that he already does rally well.

Giggs, Scholes and Neville, have come back and helped a lot to Man United and clearly without their experience we would be in the gutter. Their determination and passion for the team have helped sh*t loads, when young legs and newer players haven't been able to step up, the three veterans have responded perfectly, in fact, done it better. They have carried us since the bayern mess, and if they weren't around probably the younger players would have discouraged and gave up all hope in the league.. They kept us trying, kept us in the race and today we are (temporary) leaders thanks to them.

Waiting and hoping now, for Chelsea to mess up against stoke tomorrow, wigan that already beat them, or Liverpool that is always dangerous. I think we have strong possibilities of winning, if not, we'll die standing up.

Strange coincidences:
Both Evra and Nani vomited.. Evra around the 46th minute, and Nani after the game.. It was last nights fish and chips apparently.

foodsample

omfg, *nut*
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it