Man. United vs. Chelsea

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:
adiman6 wrote:yer its now more like the la liga, which just has the two best, real and barca the top dog's going for the title. unless liverpool can invest a bit better it will stay like this. but i think in a few years or so, arsenal may be up there again, with the help of their developing youth talents, and assisted by some good investment.

as a chelsea fan, i would by heart say chelsea are gonna win it, but i actually DO believe we will win the title. Man u will be tough though.
Yeap - In old trafford that will be a real royal fight my friend.. If things continue to go this close (3 pointns away), that game will be crucial, moral boosting and probably define the championship
Not really lol, two years ago United and Chelsea were neck in neck, United got 3 points clear but Chelsea beat them at Old Trafford... United still went on to win the title on goal difference.

klc123
Veteran Member

Its two points difference now isn't it?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
panchester07 wrote:
adiman6 wrote:yer its now more like the la liga, which just has the two best, real and barca the top dog's going for the title. unless liverpool can invest a bit better it will stay like this. but i think in a few years or so, arsenal may be up there again, with the help of their developing youth talents, and assisted by some good investment.

as a chelsea fan, i would by heart say chelsea are gonna win it, but i actually DO believe we will win the title. Man u will be tough though.
Yeap - In old trafford that will be a real royal fight my friend.. If things continue to go this close (3 pointns away), that game will be crucial, moral boosting and probably define the championship
Not really lol, two years ago United and Chelsea were neck in neck, United got 3 points clear but Chelsea beat them at Old Trafford... United still went on to win the title on goal difference.
That just shows its a marathon not a sprint :wink:

Last year Man U beat Chelsea 3-0 and won the league :), but liverpool beat man U and place second, cause they lost easy points.. typical of them..

Yeah klc, its 2 points only.. http://www.premierleague.com

any how, I think yeah, this year is gonna be a good fight, we play April 3, @ old trafford.. so about 2 monts away..

if things continue this way, I HONESTLY predict that we will be in front, we have momentum right now.. and chelsea is loosing dumb points..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

panchester07
Veteran Member

Well ManU won 5-0 today, so more pressure on Chelsea, who have a tuff match against Arsenal..

Liverpool won 1-0, and slowly but surely coming back to life, and are temporarilly on Champions League Zone, awaiting the result of Tottenham - Villa (0-0) 91sth minute...

Edit: 0-0 was the final result..

Temporary the table looks like this..
Man U ......25 games - 56 points
Chelsea.....24 games - 55 points
Arsenal .....24 games - 49 points
Liverpool....25 games - 44 points

Liverpool was like 10th 5 weeks ago, and has turning the tables..
Chelsea, all year has been loosing easy points, and So has Man U, they both been tying easy games, and when either could take advantage because the other one gave away easy points, they wouldn't they would just draw the match to keep the difference minimal..
Arsenal, reached their lowest point when they lost to chelsea 1-4 in Emirates Arena back in November 27ish I think it was.... Then, they started playing superb, started KILLING teams with 3,4 goals differncial, and when people where leaning more for Arsenal to defeat Man U last week, the red devils surprised..

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

If Tottenham didn't loan out Robbie Keane they would make a great contention for 4th, but now it looks like their dip in form is gonna throw them off... Villans are looking like they're making a charge, but in the end it's up to Liverpool whether or not another team can break the top 4.

panchester07
Veteran Member

fu**ing Dinho just scored on us.. A volley that deflected off Carrick.. in the 3rd minute

DanielCFC
New User

go Chelsea!!!!!1 thisyear is our best year in history so far. not only we win, but we do it playing beautiful football, scoring a lot, without having spent big money last summer. im sure will win this years premier league because we are to good for man utd and im also sure will win the UCL and maybe even the fa cup yee we are definetly going for the tremble this season. go Chelsea!!!!!!!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Rooney got 2 today, and his goal tally adds up to 32 this season.. 10 away from Ronaldo's record.. Can he do it?

soccer11
Admin

I wonder if i'm the only one to think he will win european footballer of the year?

I've thought so for a little while now. he's my pick.

nick117
Veteran Member

I hope rooney gets all the awards comming to him even if england dosen't win the WC i hope it dosen't take away from his chance at the prizes.

oscarjackson

oops sorry guys i havnt had any input at all, completely forgot about this post..
well united are 1 point closer to chelsea since last time i posted so thats good. and im really happy for rooney, im sorta glad ronaldos gone just so we can see rooney play his best, and even other team members are playing alot better since he left.
im really looking forward to the united chelsea game.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I think his chances of winning are good, but I wouldn't call it a sure thing like I considered Messi last season. I think it'll depend on what Man U do this season, and if any other players can match him (there are players that can) in points (goals and assist). Also it's a WC year so that plays an impact.

panchester07
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:I think his chances of winning are good, but I wouldn't call it a sure thing like I considered Messi last season. I think it'll depend on what Man U do this season, and if any other players can match him (there are players that can) in points (goals and assist). Also it's a WC year so that plays an impact.
No, it actually depends on the world cup, those awards are chosen in base on how a player does in the ultimate competition.. , If a player destroys in club, scores 40 goals in a season, but sucks in the WC doesn't get awarded anything.....

2006 - Cannavaro
2002 - Kahn

2brown347
Veteran Member

True to some extent. If Rooney gets 40 goals, and Man U wins the EPL and CL but England goes out in the round of 16, and the teams in the final are France and S. Africa then I'd say he still would likely win.

So like I said the WC plays a role, but it isn't everything. Remember in 2006 Cannavaro was one of the best defenders active and in 2002 there was no keeper better than Kahn.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

2brown347 wrote:True to some extent. If Rooney gets 40 goals, and Man U wins the EPL and CL but England goes out in the round of 16, and the teams in the final are France and S. Africa then I'd say he still would likely win.

So like I said the WC plays a role, but it isn't everything. Remember in 2006 Cannavaro was one of the best defenders active and in 2002 there was no keeper better than Kahn.
Although it was a crime against man that Henry, Ronaldinho or even Zidane weren't picked ahead of Cannavaro that year

The World Cup plays a very significant part in those types of awars