Man. United vs. Chelsea

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
oscarjackson

who does everyone think will win the premier league this season, do you think Chelsea can keep winning or do you think united have put enough pressure on them for them to slip up. at the moment theres only 3 points difference so anything can happen,
what do you guys think??

shahensha
Veteran Member

Its between Chelsea and Man U again this season? Is it just me or should this league be considered a two horse race too.

This is gonna be chelsea's year though.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I've basically considered it a 2 horse league since I started watching it, same with La Liga. Chelsea got it this year, they don't have a better coach, but they have a better team.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Points are tied not , I see chelsea slipping especially since the've been slowing down, man utd seems to be picking up and when the injuries return its a streak

panchester07
Veteran Member

Manchester united in my opinion, chelsea has been slipping, manchester was doing great and then lost to Aston Villa..

Manchester has been points below the leader in this same time of the year, to then surpass them when the league advances..

This years Chelsea - Man U . Was really close, no team played better than the other one and it was in stamford bridge 1-0..

Chelsea has a better team, Man U has a better coach..

About the two horse race, la liga has had 3 winners since year 2004 the trophy has been divided between real Madrid and Barcelona.. If you look in all history, Real Madrid has 31 leagues, Barcelona has 19 and the rest dont even reach the two digits (less than 10 championships)...

The Premier League also in the last 5 years has had only 2 championships, But in History you have Liverpool with 18 wins Man U with 18 wins, and Arsenal with 13, its more divided..

so the two best leagues have lately been a two horse race.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Chelsea haven't been slipping. Cech made a stupid mistake which lost them the game against Man City, and some fluke goals allowed Everton to tie them. Remember the week before Man City they beat aresenal 3-0. They've had some bad luck, but not slipping.

panchester07
Veteran Member

You are right, but i think that still this Chelsea isnt as strong as Mourinhos in 2005 - 06 or Hiddinks chelsea at the end of the season.. I was honestly happy when Barca scored, that chelsea was outstanding

2brown347
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:You are right, but i think that still this Chelsea isnt as strong as Mourinhos in 2005 - 06 or Hiddinks chelsea at the end of the season.. I was honestly happy when Barca scored, that chelsea was outstanding
It's literally the same team but with a in form Drogba and a different coach

panchester07
Veteran Member

Exactly.. Players are 50% the coach is the other 50%...

2brown347
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Exactly.. Players are 50% the coach is the other 50%...
The coaching quality hasn't dropped that much, he accomplished a lot at AC Milan.

panchester07
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:
The coaching quality hasn't dropped that much, he accomplished a lot at AC Milan.
its not quality, its style of playing and how much that style relates to the players....

Brasil tried to play like European teams in the 80s, to find that it wasnt their stlye..

The coach has to find style of play that works best with their players..

Juan De Ramos won two Uefa cups with sevilla great quality, to transfer to Totenham and suck balls....

Italian football is way different from English football, or Spanish football..

2brown347
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
its not quality, its style of playing and how much that style relates to the players....

Brasil tried to play like European teams in the 80s, to find that it wasnt their stlye..

Juan De Ramos won two Uefa cups with sevilla great quality, to transfer to Totenham and suck balls....

Well his teams been the best in England so far this year so he oviously gets the league well enough

panchester07
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:
panchester07 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:The coaching quality hasn't dropped that much, he accomplished a lot at AC Milan.

Well his teams been the best in England so far this year so he oviously gets the league well enough
that is true, never said he didnt, just that as a strong Man U fan.. I feared more Hiddinks and Mourinhos chelsea than this one.... Mourinho beat us 3-1 at old trafford.. and won the league by a fair amount of points..

We beat Scolaris chelsea 3-0 and that was like the drop that made the cup spill, then they called hiddink and chelsea was like the best team I ever seen in 9 profound years of serious football following..

and in my humble opinion .. chelsea aint winning this league..

klc123
Veteran Member

It doesn't how good a manager, Man Utd have the best manager in history so its impossible to beat Utd on that field. Also i think Utd have a better team, they've just suffered alot more from injury.

You say Utd slipped to villa? bearing in mind we had only 2 defenders playing who are actually defenders, the rest were midfielders, which left a gap in midfield aswel which ultimately left them vunerable.

This year Utd will win, african cup of nations is coming up soon and Chelsea will suffer alot, Utd won't even be affected.

panchester07
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:It doesn't how good a manager, Man Utd have the best manager in history so its impossible to beat Utd on that field. Also i think Utd have a better team, they've just suffered alot more from injury.

You say Utd slipped to villa? bearing in mind we had only 2 defenders playing who are actually defenders, the rest were midfielders, which left a gap in midfield aswel which ultimately left them vunerable.

This year Utd will win, african cup of nations is coming up soon and Chelsea will suffer alot, Utd won't even be affected.
Yeah that last part is true.. I wasnt saying man utd play bad, I was saying the game in general was a slip for man u, not that man u sucked so they lost or anything..

CHEERS UTD SUPPORTER!!!!

I didnt get the first part though.

I think Chelsea has a bettah squad mate..

Ballack, Drogba, Terry, Deco, Salomon Kalou, Obi Mikel, Anelka, Essien, Joe and Ashley Cole, Malouda..

Are more star material than the Man U players, which true star do we have?

Rooney? Barely..

CAREFUL im not saying stars win championship, in fact my point is that even though chelsea have more stars, Abrahomovic cant win the championship buy buying players..