To you brits, is the movie Green Street Hooligans accurate?

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
panchester07
Veteran Member

To you brits, is the movie Green Street Hooligans accurate?

Post by panchester07 »

I dont know if you guys have seen it, but its about , hooliganism (is that a word?) in England and how it affects football and the lives of the hooligans in general.. I loved the movie, and was wondering if it is quite real, exagerated, or if its even worse in the real life...?

If any one could clear that up it would be nice.. thanks!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
ratherton
Veteran Member

Re: To you brits, is the movie Green Street Hooligans accurate?

Post by ratherton »

panchester07 wrote:I dont know if you guys have seen it, but its about , hooliganism (is that a word?) in England and how it affects football and the lives of the hooligans in general.. I loved the movie, and was wondering if it is quite real, exagerated, or if its even worse in the real life...?

If any one could clear that up it would be nice.. thanks!
Football today has changed beyond belief compared to the mid 80s so I would say the film would be more realistic back in those days than today.
Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 »

It's mainly kept under control now, and there are only certain cases (such as West Ham vs Millwall earlier in the season) where full blown hooliganism (and yes, I'm pretty sure that it's a word) erupts.

Like I said, all crowd related troubles are mainly kept under control, to an extent that some grounds (I think Nottingham Forest may be one) have both sets of fans seated amongst one another in certain sections.

But there is the rare case, such as the West Ham vs Millwall game earlier in the season where there is a lot of fighting. If I recall correctly, a couple of people were stabbed and there were several pitch invasions.

Hope this helps! :D
evo

Post by evo »

There is still alot of it but it's more organised nowadays for example, there are hooligan forums where they arrange fights away from the stadiums so the police aren't there. But I have been chased by mobs enough times to tell you it's not all gone.