The Adebayor Incident.

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
mustahfa14
Senior Member
Posts: 284
Joined: 05 May 2007, 02:53

Post

He is a professional football player, he is held at a higher level for his actions. He is representing not only himself, but Man City as a whole. It is selfish what he did. You can argue about emotions all you want, but that cannot be an excuse.

He didn't show any class. If he would have just celebrated normally, or not at all, the fans would realize that he has enough respect for them to not taunt them. The goal is enough to shut them up. But running the length of the field and taunting them with a celebration desrespected them. Then they went nuts.

His fault, no class.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

mustahfa14 wrote:He is a professional football player, he is held at a higher level for his actions. He is representing not only himself, but Man City as a whole. It is selfish what he did. You can argue about emotions all you want, but that cannot be an excuse.

He didn't show any class. If he would have just celebrated normally, or not at all, the fans would realize that he has enough respect for them to not taunt them. The goal is enough to shut them up. But running the length of the field and taunting them with a celebration desrespected them. Then they went nuts.

His fault, no class.
Thank you for putting what took so many words for me to push in a concise form.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

fair enough, fair enough i see your point of view....

sir_alex_vu
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 03:53

Post

Did anybody see Gary Neville almost pull the same stunt?

After Owen scored that game-winner (outstanding by the way), Gary Neville ran off the bench and ran all the way down the touchline towards the Man City fan and proceeded to celebrate right in front of them. But, unlike Adebayor, he thought better of his actions and stopped before things got out of hand.

The funny thing was, though, that he pretended as if he meant to warm up! haha. Why would he be warming up? The game's already over!

I'm just happy Manchester UNITED won!

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

Yeah, Neville is old enough with enough class to know better. I saw the incident in question, and was quite happy he seemed to think better of it. Make no mistake; this isn't an Adebayor thing. Him thinking about it was bad, and if it had gone to the same extent, I'd have been on his ass too.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Hey I just feel that I had to say this.. No racism..

But these types of adebayour things are what happen when a poor togoleese farmer starts winining 10 million a year just like that..

You just gotta expect that..

Once there was a program here in my country, to a benefit some poor native americans. There were some nice houses left in what was the Canal Zone, (USA dominated base untill 1999).. To benefit the poor native americans, the government organizedly transfered them to these homes and got them some decent jobs close by... In a few month the houses where 50 % destroyed, ugly, dirty, and sh*tty....

Lack of culture, customs, manners, and a little bit of it is that they barely worked for it so they dont value it
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Post

First thing, native americans have more culture than you.

Secondly, Adebayor is a football player, not a farmer.
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

ScottyBoy wrote:First thing, native americans have more culture than you.

Secondly, Adebayor is a football player, not a farmer.
Im gonna ignore the first part of the post .. and go ahead and answer the second..... What im saying here has logic to it, im not just making a joke..


Adebayor is a football player, and a good one, but he became rich and famous so quickly, that he didnt go through no adaptation process...


Do you think some one in Togo taught him how to behave, no... HE was poor uncultured person.. I guarantee you that he would practice 2-3 hours and then he had to do something else to survive.. Try to get me here, and ignore the fact that now he is a super star.. Imagine him 6 years ago, playing football and working something manually maybe carrying boxes or something manuall.. The man hows no idea more than his common sense about how to behave decently, in a civilized environment, while money can dress him up nice, and make him look pretty, his true essence will come out with moments like this...

I really dont me to be racist, and if I myself didnt read this carefully I would get pissed if some one else posted something like this...
Last edited by panchester07 on 03 Dec 2009, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

Adebayor has been in Europe since he was a very young teenager. He had ample time to adapt.

And Native Americans have a lot of culture. Their downfalls have nothing to do with a lack of culture. They're some of the most cultural people in the world. If anything, their hanging on to culture might be a reason for their troubles.
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

soccer11 wrote:Adebayor has been in Europe since he was a very young teenager. He had ample time to adapt.

And Native Americans have a lot of culture. Their downfalls have nothing to do with a lack of culture. They're some of the most cultural people in the world. If anything, their hanging on to culture might be a reason for their troubles.
Okay - Culture is notthe word, maybe manners, decency, civilization, education, primitivity?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

panchester07 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:Adebayor has been in Europe since he was a very young teenager. He had ample time to adapt.

And Native Americans have a lot of culture. Their downfalls have nothing to do with a lack of culture. They're some of the most cultural people in the world. If anything, their hanging on to culture might be a reason for their troubles.
Okay - Culture the word, maybe manners, decency, civilization?
that's different then. But then who decides what is "decent"?
It's all about assimilation and the resistance from them to do so.
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

soccer11 wrote:
panchester07 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:Adebayor has been in Europe since he was a very young teenager. He had ample time to adapt.

And Native Americans have a lot of culture. Their downfalls have nothing to do with a lack of culture. They're some of the most cultural people in the world. If anything, their hanging on to culture might be a reason for their troubles.
Okay - Culture the word, maybe manners, decency, civilization?
that's different then. But then who decides what is "decent"?
It's all about assimilation and the resistance from them to do so.
Who needs to decide? No one needs to decide, it really doesnt matter 95% of the time where the people that grow up in primitive places, stay in these places all there life.. But when that 5%, succeeds, and becomes rich and famous, he switches environment, and he was made in a primitive environment you can see and some times you can just see his un-educated ways, like this... Thats all.. Its no wrong or right, its just a pitty.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

Just for the record (and idk anything about Adebayor's past) but not everyone from African nations is in extreme poverty.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

2brown347 wrote:Just for the record (and idk anything about Adebayor's past) but not everyone from African nations is in extreme poverty.
Obviously thats is more than clear.. I never meant to imply that all africa is poor or nothing like that...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

Panchester, are you trying to say that a possible reason he acted a idiot was because he was brought up as a poor african who dances around fires with sticks chanting magical songs or something?

1.The tribal people of africa probably have alot more morales than you or most people in your country whever your from, because they believe in TRUST and HONOR.

2.As previously stated, not everyone who is from africa is tribal or poor. Don't be prejudice.

3. There are much more aggressive and horrible footballers that come from normal backrounds, look at Maradona, hes an abomination in the form of the human race.

4.Even if he was from a tribal or poor backround, the way he was acting was probably from him been corrupted by living in london and manchester.

Post Reply