The Adebayor Incident.

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

What a dick move that was, after his goal in today's City/Arsenal match. This guy seriously is a classless idiot. Scores a goal, bah. Then he runs the length of the pitch to taunt fans of his own club who worshiped him, after playing them down as 'not real fans' that he 'hated'. His receiving of a card is all well and good, but I hope further action is taken. There was just no call for that action today.

Edit: Video of the incident in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyoKcu8bcNQ
Last edited by Rome_Leader on 12 Sep 2009, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Not to mention he cut RVP with his boot. I don't know if it was intentional but I didn't see him apologize. Considering how close the cut was to RVP's eye, it was scary.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

That doesn't bother me as much. Stuff happens like that, and it didn't look intentional. To apologize would've been a gentlemanly thing to do, but as we've seen, after he went out of his way to taunt the FANS of all people, a gentleman is something he's far from.

Money changes a man, I guess.

Pichichi

So when the arsenal fans abuse him constantly it's ok, but when he chooses to celebrate in front of them it's suddenly bookable and further action is questioned? Give me a break. In the moment people do things like that, regrettable maybe, but if you're out there and people abuse you, you want to give it right back to em.
Emotions run high in games, things happen.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Pichichi wrote:So when the arsenal fans abuse him constantly it's ok, but when he chooses to celebrate in front of them it's suddenly bookable and further action is questioned? Give me a break. In the moment people do things like that, regrettable maybe, but if you're out there and people abuse you, you want to give it right back to em.
I agree... Adeybayor could have had more class, but the Arsenal fans were just as bad as Adeybayor
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

The difference between the fans and the players is professionalism. If you're a professional, you have to expect to take flak. The Arsenal fans, at least IMO, had every right to give it to him for leaving Arsenal for the money that City offered. It's not like he was doing badly at Arsenal. Outside title contenders who preform decently outside of domestic, and he scores a lot.

Furthermore, it wasn't a fu**ing celebration; it was a taunting action. He purposefully ran the length of the pitch to jeer the Arsenal fans at the other end. If he had celebrations to do, he could do it in front of the net he scored on. That was just low. Emotions, fine, but if I do something like kick a player's teeth in in a game and blame it on emotion, I should not be fined? Same deal. He's making the sport and the league look bad by dissing the fans. Uncalled for. The fans allow him to play for his crazy high wage. I would even have been fine if he made those comments about them 'not being real fans' and left it at that. But taunting is a low that deserves a fine and reprimand. You can't argue that.

A prime example is Ronaldo. He did his share of stupid things, but never did he ever go as far as to blatantly taunt the fans just because his feelings were hurt that he was unpopular with a majority of them.
Last edited by Rome_Leader on 12 Sep 2009, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

The guys a fu**ing animal.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Pichichi wrote:So when the arsenal fans abuse him constantly it's ok, but when he chooses to celebrate in front of them it's suddenly bookable and further action is questioned? Give me a break. In the moment people do things like that, regrettable maybe, but if you're out there and people abuse you, you want to give it right back to em.
Eduardo got booed by the Man City fans.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I wouldn't consider taunting fans to be because of high emotions. Running and celebrating with them would be, but certainly not taunting.

Eboue was booed by his own fans. Something I still don't understand but he didn't dish anything out at them. He proved them wrong. Adebayor just needs to take it like a man. Your going to get booed especially when playing against your old club.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

VIDEO OF PERSIE INCIDENT CLEARLY ON PURPOSES SHOULD BE A 10 MATCH BAN LIKE PEPES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1jfZ3zQJZ0

NewBornProdigy
Admin

As an arsenal fan it would cut me deepest if Adebayour relivled all those emotions by celebrating with those who love him, the City fans... This just proves he moved cause he was sour to the bone of not being a superstar, then today instead of proving his devotion to his club not his cause, he hung two sets of fans totally out to dry... It wasn't frustration it was his negative motivation that made him act that way... It's a pity hes such a talent

Pichichi

Henry has ran the length of the pitch to taunt tottenham fans. Being huge rivals this is what they did.

Arsenal "fans" need some class.

udinese20

Pichichi wrote:Henry has ran the length of the pitch to taunt tottenham fans. Being huge rivals this is what they did.

Arsenal "fans" need some class.

There's a difference between taunting your biggest rival and taunting the club that made you the player you are... Yeh okay the fans didn't like him in the later stage of his Arsenal career, but what did he expect they'd feel after he said he wanted to move to Milan, then go and ask SAF for a contract?

Totally agree with arsenalfc08, Eboue was constantly taunted by his own fans because he wasn't performing, he used that as motivation and now the fans feel he is indespensible to the club. To me, that shows more character than someone who leaves the club because he can't handle the jeers.

ratherton
Veteran Member

If you give a player grief don't be surprised if he does something like Adebayor did.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Stomping on RVP was completely unnecessary, classless, and malicious. I wouldn't give half of a sh*t if someone stabbed Adebayor, I'd grin happily actually. Yeah..Call me f'ed up or heartless, but after the sh*t he pulled, I would imagine he has a target on his head. Stepping on your former teammates face? Not like his leg or body, but his face? I hope he gets whats coming to him.