Shearer for Newcastle boss

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Hugh
Veteran Member

Is this one an April fool's joke? BBC is reporting that it is, in fact, true and it's been picked up by more than one website, so I think this might be real.

This will be terrible if he fu**s up. If I were him I wouldn't go anywhere near that club, with a record like that there's just no way you can live up to it as a manager...

ratherton
Veteran Member

The fans have effectively picked the manager. They would only settle for him or Keegan - muppets

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Newcastle for relegation! I love to see my friend cry.

soccer11
Admin

I think it's pretty cool. I just wish Keano was still a manager so they can beat the sh*t out of each other on the touch line.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Nah Newcastle will stay up now Shearers got a good team behind him in Dowie Calderwood and Houghton and a decent set of players

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Collins91

He hasn't got a lot to lose
It will get the fans back without a doubt, but his actual managerial ability must be questioned

mint
EF Drug Baron

I reckon if he doesn't win the next 2 or 3 games the fans will start to get pissed off, to be totally honest i reckon he'll last to the end of the season.
i was made to ignite

Hugh
Veteran Member

mint wrote:I reckon if he doesn't win the next 2 or 3 games the fans will start to get pissed off, to be totally honest i reckon he'll last to the end of the season.
It's sad but I agree. This was a terrible time for Shearer to take the reins, he should have waited, got some practice in with other teams with the goal of ending up at Newcastle and staying there until retirement. This is a bad, bad choice by Big Al

mint
EF Drug Baron

Hugh wrote:
mint wrote:I reckon if he doesn't win the next 2 or 3 games the fans will start to get pissed off, to be totally honest i reckon he'll last to the end of the season.
It's sad but I agree. This was a terrible time for Shearer to take the reins, he should have waited, got some practice in with other teams with the goal of ending up at Newcastle and staying there until retirement. This is a bad, bad choice by Big Al
Yeah i think he should have waited till this season to finish and then he would have had time to assess players and all that in summer.
i was made to ignite