THE RED THREAD

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Had2bHarry wrote:Well something like 5% of the worlds population goes for Manchester.
Coincidentally 5% of the world is mentally retarded.

I also hate Man Utd because of their popularity and constant glorification from the media. I would like to see any team but them win the EPL.

soccer11
Admin

Croatianblood1 wrote:
Had2bHarry wrote:Well something like 5% of the worlds population goes for Manchester.
Coincidentally 5% of the world is mentally retarded.

I also hate Man Utd because of their popularity and constant glorification from the media. I would like to see any team but them win the EPL.
you'll have to wait another year then because we're taking it again.
Rafa had to open up his mouth and piss off sir Alex (that damn altitude sickness probably got to him) Liverpool can't close out a season. they were up what? 7 points? They squandered that away brilliantly. Until they can handle the pressure of being on top of the table, they won't win.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Well we will see. Liverpool are only 2 points behind Man Utd so anything can happen really.

soccer11
Admin

Croatianblood1 wrote:Well we will see. Liverpool are only 2 points behind Man Utd so anything can happen really.
Manchester United have a ton of injuries at the moment and they're still playing really good and Liverpool have been crap for the most part, getting draws left and right. We'll see how they settle down after getting rid of Keane but I don't see them improving after that.

Crom

This thread has been hijacked!!! The polarity shift towards Man U was inevidable, but measures are being taken to steer us back on course!!

ie: What is Liverpool going to do to bolster the forward ranks? Benitez comments that they have Kuyt, and Babel do not instill fear into many rivals I would guess. Not a knock against those players, but they are not of the same caliber as Keane was. Its a shame they couldn't fit him into the line-up properly. Given time Torres and him could have made a terrific 1-2 combo.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

I don't know, Babel seems like he would be a little feared. Good pace and has a cracking shot, he also seems unpredictable so I would say he is feared. Kuyt could also be feared because he is a work horse so the defenders will know that if they make a mistake than Kuyt will be there to capitalize on it.
Made by 2Brown.

Hugh
Veteran Member

I was very unimpressed with our performance today. As soon as Gerrard stepped off the pitch we looked like sh*t for the remaining half-hour. Obviously he must have said something to them at half time because they came out with their heads up but then Lucas had to go and make a boneheaded challenge and get himself booked. Bottom line, Lucas is useless, Rafa needs to pick it the fu** up and Liverpool as a whole needs to wean itself off the Steven Gerrard teat.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Hugh wrote:I was very unimpressed with our performance today. As soon as Gerrard stepped off the pitch we looked like sh*t for the remaining half-hour. Obviously he must have said something to them at half time because they came out with their heads up but then Lucas had to go and make a boneheaded challenge and get himself booked. Bottom line, Lucas is useless, Rafa needs to pick it the fu** up and Liverpool as a whole needs to wean itself off the Steven Gerrard teat.
Why are they having games midweek? Was it for the FA Cup or something? I hate when they do that, I always miss out on the games.
Made by 2Brown.

Hugh
Veteran Member

INTER1908 wrote:
Hugh wrote:I was very unimpressed with our performance today. As soon as Gerrard stepped off the pitch we looked like sh*t for the remaining half-hour. Obviously he must have said something to them at half time because they came out with their heads up but then Lucas had to go and make a boneheaded challenge and get himself booked. Bottom line, Lucas is useless, Rafa needs to pick it the fu** up and Liverpool as a whole needs to wean itself off the Steven Gerrard teat.
Why are they having games midweek? Was it for the FA Cup or something? I hate when they do that, I always miss out on the games.
Yeah it was the FA cup. You didn't miss much though.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:Well we will see. Liverpool are only 2 points behind Man Utd so anything can happen really.
Manchester United have a ton of injuries at the moment and they're still playing really good and Liverpool have been crap for the most part, getting draws left and right. We'll see how they settle down after getting rid of Keane but I don't see them improving after that.
Yeah true but Man Utd has such a high powered team with world class players. The reserves on the team are still good players. Anything less than first place for Man Utd in the EPL should be considered failure.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Although the same should be said for Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool for the amount of money they spend.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Anymi
Veteran Member

Yeah Lucas is a bit of a joke. And it was a shame to see Keane go. He could have been good. Liverpool still have got a long way to go to make a great team like Manure. Half of the team is on the stove and cooking, some are still in the package and some are just a waste of money and should be thrown away.

The Liverpool fans know who I am talking about.

powell
English Meister

I though we played sh*t, Torres has knowone, we relied on mr.dive himself gerrard. Lucas was an idiot for pointless tackles, it was pretty embarrasing to watch and most people in england missed the goal anyway becuase of a random commercial just as they scored.

On a more possitive side note, dossena is the worst player ive sen for the club in recent year. Thats right even voronin is more useful. I really scratch my head asking myself why is this guy italty's first choice LB, surely they have an average under 21 or something? He can run, he doesnt know who to mark, he looks tired after just running out onto the pitch, he cant cross without it scuffing along the floor or going out of play. I really cant think of a single good thing he can do, anyone ?

INTER1908
Veteran Member

powell wrote:I though we played sh*t, Torres has knowone, we relied on mr.dive himself gerrard. Lucas was an idiot for pointless tackles, it was pretty embarrasing to watch and most people in england missed the goal anyway becuase of a random commercial just as they scored.

On a more possitive side note, dossena is the worst player ive sen for the club in recent year. Thats right even voronin is more useful. I really scratch my head asking myself why is this guy italty's first choice LB, surely they have an average under 21 or something? He can run, he doesnt know who to mark, he looks tired after just running out onto the pitch, he cant cross without it scuffing along the floor or going out of play. I really cant think of a single good thing he can do, anyone ?
I'm sure they will use Maggio or someone like that if this guy is that bad. I would say Grosso but i'm not positive if he retired from international duties.
Made by 2Brown.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Anymi wrote:Yeah Lucas is a bit of a joke. And it was a shame to see Keane go. He could have been good. Liverpool still have got a long way to go to make a great team like Manure. Half of the team is on the stove and cooking, some are still in the package and some are just a waste of money and should be thrown away.

The Liverpool fans know who I am talking about.
lol......this is karma for Rafa going off and opening his mouth, now that Gerrard hurt his hamstring Keane most likely would have filled the roll. Who do they put back there now?? IMO Liverpool wont last against Madrid in the Champs League unless Gerrard is there, and we all know that the title hopes were gone a while ago.....
sig by 2brown347