English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 13 Jan 2010, 22:52

Any rafa fans left now?

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Jan 2010, 22:59

I love the c**t, hope they sign him for life.

Then again, i am a utd fan.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 13 Jan 2010, 23:03

I am losing lots and lots of faith....

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 13 Jan 2010, 23:31

Its just unbelievable to think this time last year we were the team to beat. Everyone was talking about liverpool winning the league being top and in 12 months we're the joke of the league.

Its a hard choice .... Do we keep him untill end of season becuase we wont win anything now anyway bring bring someone fresh in summer or get rid now?

I watched his interview after the game and he does talk some rubbish

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 14 Jan 2010, 06:47

I say we rid him now, but who will be his replacement? I honestly can't see any replacements at the moment who would be a serious option. I'd love to see Van Basten, personally. But Rafa is too cautious about the treatment of players (ala Aquilani). His work in the transfer window has been hideous, mind Torres, Masch, and Alonso. Lots of poor judgement have been nails in his coffin.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 14 Jan 2010, 10:46

I am pretty sure the owners want to kick him out but they do not have the money to compensate him. Reminds me of my workplace.

I think he is better suited for business in La Liga. I told my Liverpool-supporting manager that Liverpool will be champions in three years' time but it was last year.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 14 Jan 2010, 12:19

I dont think the owners have a club about any football club. I think we ARE the only club in the country maybe even europe that can play this bad of the course of a season and still keep their manager.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Jan 2010, 16:54

You can argue about Rafa needed to get sacked and I agree.. but liverpool made to dreadful mistakes that any team would have a hard hard time recovering from...

First, Benayoun kicking the player in the 92minute.. Totally unnecesary, that ball wasnt any danger for liverpool.. With a silly mistake like this so late, what team wont loose concentration and focus?

Second, the guy that assisted Longs goal, made ridicule of Liverpools defense.. First he cut Benayoun with outsttanding category, to later nutmeg the other defense that was coming to close him.. Two player were beat like if they were cones. And then the ball was crossed to the striker that headed that with comfort, he was standing in the middle of the small box and look how he headed it, no one was on him.......

With mistakes like this, Rafa Benitez, Fergies, Mourinhos, every team would loose a game.. The players were slacking imo
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 14 Jan 2010, 19:38

panchester07 wrote:You can argue about Rafa needed to get sacked and I agree.. but liverpool made to dreadful mistakes that any team would have a hard hard time recovering from...

First, Benayoun kicking the player in the 92minute.. Totally unnecesary, that ball wasnt any danger for liverpool.. With a silly mistake like this so late, what team wont loose concentration and focus?

Second, the guy that assisted Longs goal, made ridicule of Liverpools defense.. First he cut Benayoun with outsttanding category, to later nutmeg the other defense that was coming to close him.. Two player were beat like if they were cones. And then the ball was crossed to the striker that headed that with comfort, he was standing in the middle of the small box and look how he headed it, no one was on him.......

With mistakes like this, Rafa Benitez, Fergies, Mourinhos, every team would loose a game.. The players were slacking imo
Yeh thats all true but its the managers job to get the players movtivsted and plick the team and players and frankly out squad lacks talent and depth the players dont look up for any of the games without torres or gerrard and some of his line ups are questionable.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 14 Jan 2010, 21:29

If anyones going to replace Rafa atm its going to be Kenny Dalglish. Period.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Jan 2010, 22:28

Apparently Liverpool would go into administration if they sacked him because of how much money they would owe him, i think its a joke to be honest what bad shape they've got into, at this rate their not going to make the top ten in the league.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 14 Jan 2010, 23:53

Phewww this is a MASSIVE relief.

I was looking at the bcc sport pages and im so glad to see our Chief Executive saying for god knows how many times now that rafa's job is safe and so it shoudl be :?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 459188.stm

I know i loyal supporter stick with their team through thick and thin, atleast liverpool fans are getting a test i suppose.

Also some betting markets are saying its a three horse race for rafa's job. Kenny followed by jose and hiddink.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 Jan 2010, 00:09

torres tore his meniscus.. and he is out for atleast 6 weeks, he will be getting surgery sometime soon....

gerrard also got injured.. aswell as benayoun :?

talk about bad luck.. Lost the game, out of the cup, and also lost your 2 best playerss and benayoun is also key.

Imo, this guy should have gotten sacked a long time ago, what has he done in the last years? I mean, im a huge man u fan, but its liverpool for gods sake, they shouldnt aim to be 3rd or 4th in the league, they should aim to win trophys, they are the biggest historically in England, why does Rafa promise his fans that he will be in "top 4".. They should be aiming for championships.. Like Real, Man U, Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter.. they are amongst the biggest in Europe, not top 4 of england......

I say you need a Hiddink in there..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 15 Jan 2010, 05:56

I am not sure if Liverpool is able to pay Hiddink's wages. His Russian salary has been cut and he might go back to Chelsea as 'technical director'.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 15 Jan 2010, 06:00

I'm with nev, I don't see Hiddink going anywhere than Chelsea in the EPL and Jose going to liverpool either. Other than that I think they could get just about any other high profile coach out there who is or soon will be clubless.