THE RED THREAD

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 31 Dec 2009, 05:47

powell wrote:Voronin, Babel, Dossena, Kyriakos, Degan, Lucas, El zhar, Cavalieri, Itandje, RAFA, Hicks & Gillett ... All out.

This team is an embarrasment. Bacially our strongest team we could put out minus Aqualini got done over big time by bottom of the league pompey.

How can we rely on just Torres and Gerrard when at the moment even if they play we lose.
Harsh on Cavalieri mate. I think hes a superb sub. Kyrigakos is ok for a 4th-5th choice CB aswell.

Im really rating the young kids.
I think Spearing looks solid, dunno if he will last here though.
Kelly and Pacheco are fantastic though. The future

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 02 Jan 2010, 20:25

He was poor vs Arsenal's Kids. Not much of a back up if you ask me.

Anyone else starting to slightly get embarrarssed about being a liverpool supporter? If rafa loves liverpool as much as he says then he should resign. Our club is becoming a joke rapidly.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 02 Jan 2010, 20:29

lol if you guys were madrid, he would have been gone after you all won the 05 CL

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 02 Jan 2010, 20:58

Shashensha thats maybe true, but when was the last time Real madrid even came close to winning the champions league?

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 02 Jan 2010, 22:32

powell wrote:He was poor vs Arsenal's Kids. Not much of a back up if you ask me.

Anyone else starting to slightly get embarrarssed about being a liverpool supporter? If rafa loves liverpool as much as he says then he should resign. Our club is becoming a joke rapidly.
Yeah, i have glimpses of this embarrasment, but its not all Rafas fault we are in this crap hole. He is doing the best to yank us out. 'Excuse the pun'.

The Jan transfer window will say alot.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 02 Jan 2010, 22:58

klc123 wrote:Shashensha thats maybe true, but when was the last time Real madrid even came close to winning the champions league?
i was just expecting a chuckle out of that joke not a serious question

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 03 Jan 2010, 01:06

shahensha wrote:
klc123 wrote:Shashensha thats maybe true, but when was the last time Real madrid even came close to winning the champions league?
i was just expecting a chuckle out of that joke not a serious question
I got the humour dont worry haha

and Anymi, looking at what back-up we have it is rafa's fault. We have 3 left backs. One great young one in insua and a pretty decent one in aurellio for free so he buys doessena for 7million. Its the small things like these that have lead to the bigger picture.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 03 Jan 2010, 10:57

Can't see the light at the end of the tunnel tbh.

If benitez goes, doubt the owners hav the footballin knowledge to bring in a good manager..i.e. Laurent Blanc.

If benitez doesn't leave, well, don't think he has the ability to change stuff around.

If benitez does turn things around and eventually win the league and champions league nex season, the owners won't go.

Best scenario would be for benitez to screw up, owners to leave, new owner to come, sack benitez, bring in a better manager, and improve Liverpool.

Short term goals should be to just tighten up the defence, learn how to pass and move, be more creative, and aim to win the nex 5 games.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 03 Jan 2010, 16:12

I can see torres leaving to be honest.

He'll use the fact that hes not going to be in any european competition if he stays as his excuse but can you blame him?

I wouldn't be suprised if gerrard hangs the boots up soon either, he'll leave for spain i think.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 04 Jan 2010, 14:03

Nah theres more chance of Benitez leavin than Torrard. Also, Pandev jz signed for Inter, another oppurtunity missed.

The Reading draw was disappointing, with that kind of performance, hope we don't meet United in the next round if we get tru.

foodsample

Post by foodsample » 07 Jan 2010, 02:22

klc123 wrote:I can see torres leaving to be honest.

He'll use the fact that hes not going to be in any european competition if he stays as his excuse but can you blame him?

I wouldn't be suprised if gerrard hangs the boots up soon either, he'll leave for spain i think.
That would be it for liverpool ahahaha.. ehhh :?

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 08 Jan 2010, 02:41

Settle Down..no ones going anywhere.

How low do you think some of these footballers are? If Gerrard and Torres are thinking about leaving only 6 months off a wicked season..then they are tools.

If Gerrard and Torres werent keen on staying around, or not being in Europe etc they wouldnt have come here in teh first place.

First one to go if anything will be Rafa and I have faith he can turn things around.

New Window; New Players; New Start..

Welcome Maxi and friends.

Cya Voronin, Doss and Babel

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 09 Jan 2010, 14:03

throw some babises at the thread and itll be real redd lol hahaa

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 09 Jan 2010, 17:29

foodsample wrote:
klc123 wrote:I can see torres leaving to be honest.

That would be it for liverpool ahahaha.. ehhh :?
Torres or gerrard isn't going anywhere im sure/hope.
i was made to ignite

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 12 Jan 2010, 03:41

Wanderer wrote:throw some babises at the thread and itll be real redd lol hahaa
Just to clarify, I didn't mean that. I'm a good person.

Anyway, I don't think Torres or Gerrard is gonna be leaving. Hicks Junior has tho. Some email fight with a supporter.