THE RED THREAD

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 28 Jan 2009, 10:30

I disagree. If Keane cant make the team that man wont. Keane is quality just wait. I hope Rafa waits and takes a risk.

james_torres9

red thread

Post by james_torres9 » 28 Jan 2009, 10:33

yer keane is quality but he just hasnt shown enough of it at liverpool but certainly did at spurs alongside berbatov
sig by messi14

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 28 Jan 2009, 10:37

We gotta give the man time. We are doing well. He will score and so will Torres together. The reason why Keane isnt playing is because MAsc, Alonso and Gerrard are all on fire, which leaves space for 1 striker, and ofcourse that would be Torres.

james_torres9

red thread

Post by james_torres9 » 28 Jan 2009, 10:46

yer rafa needs to give him more of a chance on the pitch i think to win the league they will need to have the formation of 3-1-4-2
------------------reina----------------------
------agger/hyppia/skrtel----carra-----aurellio/insua--
------------------masch---------------------
-------kuyt--------gerrard-----alonso------riera----
--------------keane--------torres------------
i think that is more attacking but still strong in defence that way all our best players make the starting team and a lot of scoring options
sig by messi14

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 28 Jan 2009, 11:12

---Arbeloa----------Carra-------Skrtel/Hyypia-------Aurelio/Insua/Dossena

------------Alonso----------------------Mascherano

------------------------Gerrard-------------------

---------Riera/Keane-----------Torres/Keane----------Kuyt/Babel

This formations good I think. Having Alonso and Mascherano anchor the midfield will be good so Gerrard can get forward and run riot with a 3 man attack force, yet theres still 4 at the back. Rafa will have to rely on Babel and Keane or Kuyt or Riera or whoevers on the wings in the frontline to provide alot of width and the fullbacks as well.

Although, your formation james_torres_9 is good, you've fitted all the strikers in, I'd imagine that Masch would be playing deeper than usual so the 3 man backline doesnt get in too much trouble.
Sig by me

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 28 Jan 2009, 12:06

Had2bHarry wrote:---Arbeloa----------Carra-------Skrtel/Hyypia-------Aurelio/Insua/Dossena

------------Alonso----------------------Mascherano

------------------------Gerrard-------------------

---------Riera/Keane-----------Torres/Keane----------Kuyt/Babel

This formations good I think. Having Alonso and Mascherano anchor the midfield will be good so Gerrard can get forward and run riot with a 3 man attack force, yet theres still 4 at the back. Rafa will have to rely on Babel and Keane or Kuyt or Riera or whoevers on the wings in the frontline to provide alot of width and the fullbacks as well.

Although, your formation james_torres_9 is good, you've fitted all the strikers in, I'd imagine that Masch would be playing deeper than usual so the 3 man backline doesnt get in too much trouble.

I like thiis formation with gerrard just sitting behind the three attackers so he can support them easily and quickly.
i was made to ignite

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 28 Jan 2009, 16:31

Nah, that one's no good, we're way too spread out in the midfield. We rely on counter-attacking football so why would we play with such a heavily offensive formation?

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 28 Jan 2009, 19:24

I dont mind that formation when we are defensive, or when both Alonso and Masch plays. But today Rafa is onnece again playing Lucas over Keane. LUCASSSSS!

No offesne i dont think Lucas knows what attack is/

BTW lets have Babel in ours prayers. Man i hope that guy has a good game.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 28 Jan 2009, 19:37

Anymi wrote:No offense i dont think Lucas knows what attack is
lol

Yes, lets, Babel is less consistent than the weather.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 28 Jan 2009, 21:45

1-1 a really sh*t performance from us once again. Rafa's bright idea of bringing off torres and gerrard worked well. Lucas managed to give away a penalty.

Well the way things are going at the moment with us playing chelsea on sunday and still have man utd away its gunna be an embarrasing 18-18 at the end of the season unless we start playing like we were near the beggining although even that wasnt special.

Agge didnt start instead skrtel did so in anyone sees rafa about please abuse him. Also lucas started instead of alonso not keane. Alonso!!!!! probley our best performer in recent weeks.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 28 Jan 2009, 21:58

Rafs lost it imo, he needs to sort this fu**ing mess out and now, WTF is he playing at not playing agger and Alonso and bringing Torres And Gerrard off. If he doesn't sort this out weve got no chance of winning the premiership.

My nephew could probably have done a better job and hes 7 months old :lol:
i was made to ignite

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 29 Jan 2009, 05:29

Firstly I think Rafa should have played 442 with masch and gerrard in the middle. Obviously he wanted to give Alonso a break.

HE is so damn afraid of losing. He doesnt take risks, yer weve lost once but we havent won 20 times either.

Your right he has lost it. First im pissed because Keane didnt play and secondly even though he played the formation that Keane doesnt fit into, he opted for Lucas instead of Alonso. LUCAS!!!

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 29 Jan 2009, 09:23

Wanderer wrote:Good players:
Torres
Reina
Mascherano

Sack Benitez and all things wud be good.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 29 Jan 2009, 09:24

You really wanna get rid of rafa dont you

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 29 Jan 2009, 10:57

Liverpool 2-2 Hull

Benitez is really a joke. His mentality is all wrong. He is too cautios. At 65 mins shuda at least change to 3 at the back and put on attacking players lik Babel or Keane, but no..wait till 85th min to make pointless subtitutions. Also, Carragher needs to work on his technical ability, if he had any, he would no how to touch the ball away, not put in into own net.

Also, Benitez transfers are stupid. Why buy Keane when it was clear Liverpool needed someone who can play the killer pass, produce a moment of magic? Someone lik Arshavin or Van der Vaat etc.

Also, why does he persist with Dirk Kuyt?? Even I have a better touch then that guy. he jz epitomizes everything wrong about Benitez. Graft minded, hardworking, defensive minded, no technical ability, no pace, no football brain, no unpredictability.

Even the playing style is wrong. All Liverpool tend to do is ping long balls around the pitch, cross, and hope for a goal. No unpredictability in their play, and the play doesn't even fu**ing flow. Always pass..stop..pass backwards..pass sideways..pass forward..and Kuyt loses the ball.Can't even play simple accurate passes like Barcelona.

Football is simple, jz pass and move, and they can't even fu**ing do that. At least Lucas can play like that, but no, the fu**ing stupid Benitez decides to leave him on the bench for 80 mins.

No clever movement up front either. Like Barcelona, there's always support and movement, but no, all Benitez wants is to defend, keep it tight, keep his fu**ing formation. No adventuourness, no trying out sth new, everytime just the same old same old grafting it out.

Benitez needs to change his mentality. Liverpool need to change their playing style. A magician needs to be bought.
said this after the Hull game in December...same old same old...

Title won't be won under Benitez..He needs to go..the sooner the better