THE RED THREAD

English football section, also known as Ratherton's hole
Anymi
Veteran Member
Posts: 781
Joined: 21 Dec 2007, 20:09

Post

4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....4-1.....


YNWA

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

fir_nev wrote:4-1

Vidic and O'Shea had a f****** bad game...

So did Evra....

I thought that we out played them up until the questionable red card....then it went down hill from there. Our entire defence played like sh*t....I thought Ronney played well and I was pissed when Fergie pulled Park because he was playing brilliantly... Berbatov once again did absolutely nothing. I though Carrick played well and Ronaldo had some nice chances offensively. I though Anderson tried to force the ball to much and was playing way to much kickball.

I h8 to admit it but Liverpool diserved this win and now its going to be atight race for the league....and we now have 2 disadvantages.... Liverpool is playing out of their minds....and we lost vidic for a few games....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post

Wait... Questionable what? That's a deliberate foul, I mean he basically tackled him. If anything's questionable it's the mental faculties of Vidic.

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

Don't worry, Liverpool will be back to normal and dropping points against bottom of the table teams.

Kasaki
Veteran Member
Posts: 332
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 04:55

Post

ratherton wrote:Don't worry, Liverpool will be back to normal and dropping points against bottom of the table teams.
exactly

Collins91
Senior Member
Posts: 156
Joined: 02 May 2008, 07:37

Post

As a Liverpool fan, all I have to say on the matter is
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D
Image

Crom
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: 01 Jul 2008, 18:29

Post

I also feel that ManU back were not playing up to their caliber. They seemed very slow to the ball, and made very bad decsions.
Liverpool to their credit played very well.
If Liverpool can build on this they will be a factor in the end.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

Crom wrote:I also feel that ManU back were not playing up to their caliber. They seemed very slow to the ball, and made very bad decsions.
Liverpool to their credit played very well.
If Liverpool can build on this they will be a factor in the end.
The only people on manutd that was making bad decisions was the back 4 and Anderson. I thought for most of the game we dominated....We just had trouble in the attacking third....And I H8 Berba so much.... He is so lazy and he does nothing....I still cannot comprehend why Fergie pulled Park I thought it was Park's best game of the season and I like Rooney and Tevez up toip better....

In response to Hugh I felt that there were two things wrong with the red card: A) I think Gerrard fouled Vidic first (but no doubt that vidic's tackles was a foul) B) I think that Ferdinand was the last man back.... but w.e. like Ratherton said Liver pool will be dropping points to sucky teams... :D
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Crom
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: 01 Jul 2008, 18:29

Post

MUFC1994 wrote:
Crom wrote:I also feel that ManU back were not playing up to their caliber. They seemed very slow to the ball, and made very bad decsions.
Liverpool to their credit played very well.
If Liverpool can build on this they will be a factor in the end.
The only people on manutd that was making bad decisions was the back 4 and Anderson. I thought for most of the game we dominated....We just had trouble in the attacking third....And I H8 Berba so much.... He is so lazy and he does nothing....I still cannot comprehend why Fergie pulled Park I thought it was Park's best game of the season and I like Rooney and Tevez up toip better....

In response to Hugh I felt that there were two things wrong with the red card: A) I think Gerrard fouled Vidic first (but no doubt that vidic's tackles was a foul) B) I think that Ferdinand was the last man back.... but w.e. like Ratherton said Liver pool will be dropping points to sucky teams... :D
Thats what i said, I said the ManU BACK ie: defenders

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post

Ahh boys boys. 4-1 feels good right. I'm loving my man utd mats right now. We dominated you! The ref was on your side! Torres fouled vidic! Gotta love the mancs for something right.

P.S I'm enoying listeningto the fans who will honestly try andtell me about how man utd dominated us most ofthe game blah blah. Great stuff!

-Also MUFC1994, your pretty funny trying to say vidic should have been sent off? Umm was it a foul ? Yes. Was he the last man? Yes. Someone try tell me ferdinand would have sprinted back fast to tae the ball of gerrrd one on one. Not a chance.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

[quote="powell"]
P.S I'm enoying listeningto the fans who will honestly try andtell me about how man utd dominated us most ofthe game blah blah. Great stuff![quote]

Powell- Im sorry but your very ignorant.... Man utd did dominate the game....

Posession: Man Utd= 62% Liverpool= 38%

Shots (on target): ManU=14(9) Liverpool= 9(6)

Now i agree that you guys capitilized on mistakes from the back 4 but we dominated the majority of the game and you cant argue that point.

Liverpool diserved to win today...In the pro's you cannot make mistakes on defence and expect to win but ManU did dominate the game; and I understand that the only thing taht matters is the scoresheet....but im just saying....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post

Thanks for calling me arrogent. Very generious of you.

I responded to you about red card not anything else so what are you talking about ?

My point was my MATES and just fans in gernal ive heard today were say we didnt deserve this game becuase of the ref and we didnt play well, they dominated blah blah. I wasn' talking to you about that. I just wanted to no about why you idnt like the red card. So chill.

But looks at the stats as you'd like to. I make it

Man Utd 55% poss. Liverpool 45%.

Man Utd Shots off (14) Shots on (3) Liverpool Shots off (4) Shots on (5)

So you're stats were a little bit OTT.

Anyway happy days! 4-1 To l'pool, the double over united. What more can you want today. Lets leave it at that.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

o i thought you were talking to me about saying that united dominated..my bad... I got my stats from premierleague.com....But my stats did sound a little OTT....

Well anyways congrats on the double over United
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Anymi
Veteran Member
Posts: 781
Joined: 21 Dec 2007, 20:09

Post

Just a reminder MUFC, the games have pretty much been quite even at both Anfield and Old Trafford for years now. Liverpool have had pretty much equal scoring oppurtunites as MU. We just havent taken our chances. This time we did.

Liverpool always have a brilliant run of ten or so games every year hopefully and i think it will come now.

As it has been said many a times its Man Uniteds to lose so hopefully that occurs.

Vidic pretty much dragged Gerrard down btw. Dont knock Powell MUFC he knows more about whats going on then anyone even though he goes for Liverpool.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

No i completely agree Liverpool did deserve the double over united you guys finished your opportunities and we didn't...Liverpool came to play United's defense didn't....but i don't think that Liverpool will win the league....United has played 28 games and liverpool had played 29....so if we win our next game we will be clear 7 points through 29 games....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Post Reply